ASU v UCLA

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. We actually made a drive with the game on the line. The penalties did help.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Devils officially 3:07 away from beating my preseason prediction of 2 wins being the best we could hope for.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kenny D's crazy formations and play calling has got to be so frustrating for opposing defensive coordinators.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kenny D's crazy formations and play calling has got to be so frustrating for opposing defensive coordinators.
CKD said on the postgame show that Marv Lewis suggested the "swinging gate" formation, as a way to neutralize UCLA's formidable rush. The Sun Devils certainly installed some crazy sets. Great coaching job all around. Proud of the players and their effort.

Last edited:

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
ASU's young HC is willing to listen to others, in addition to bringing his own creativity. I know that Oregon is on the horizon, but this was a nice win.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the follow-up with coach Dillingham.

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This season, for all its issues and disappointments, I think has shown us that the right coaching staff seems to be in place from a motivational and scheme standpoint. Now, can they get players in here who are the right athletes for the culture and scheme?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This season, for all its issues and disappointments, I think has shown us that the right coaching staff seems to be in place from a motivational and scheme standpoint. Now, can they get players in here who are the right athletes for the culture and scheme?
They have Leki Fotu. Foundation, baby.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And of course can they keep the ones they already have and want, in this NIL age.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just watched the ASU game and it was a masterpiece. That fourth down series of calls in the middle of the fourth was unreal and I've never seen anything like that either. They ran off almost 2 minutes of clock time on one play. Lol.

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just watched the ASU game and it was a masterpiece. That fourth down series of calls in the middle of the fourth was unreal and I've never seen anything like that either. They ran off almost 2 minutes of clock time on one play. Lol.
Not sure how I really feel about it but Dilly seems to have been playing 4D chess. Just you watch, more teams will pull the same thing moving forward if it makes sense. As astonished and confused as I was, it sure seemed like a bit of a cheat code.

The thing the announcers didn’t say was, by doing that, CKD was also showing his defense a longer rest

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure how I really feel about it but Dilly seems to have been playing 4D chess. Just you watch, more teams will pull the same thing moving forward if it makes sense. As astonished and confused as I was, it sure seemed like a bit of a cheat code.

The thing the announcers didn’t say was, by doing that, CKD was also showing his defense a longer rest
I thought it was really dumb. But, when it works out like that, maybe I am the dumb one.

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought it was really dumb. But, when it works out like that, maybe I am the dumb one.
I thought it was dumb as well…still do…but it worked out. Honestly there were so many things in last night’s game that I thought bizarre, I wonder if I just had a strange fever dream

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it was dumb as well…still do…but it worked out. Honestly there were so many things in last night’s game that I thought bizarre, I wonder if I just had a strange fever dream
Yeah, I cannot see that catching on. He may never do it again.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Favorite play of the game by far for me. For a RB to throw a ball over 30 yards on the fly on pretty much a rope to the WR like this is impressive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison