Be nice to see a statement game against an inferior foe

long_season

Veteran
Reaction score
...even when licking a couple wounds.

but as the cardinals have trained me i have to just hope for a competitive game.

12-4 this year would help me forget though...a little more..;)

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I have been begging for a "clean" game from the Cards: no turnovers, no special team blunders, etc-- thinking that when they play one, we would get a game where they win by three TDs

And don't you know they played a clean game last week, and it was too close for comfort.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
The Rams have our number.

To the other 30 teams in the NFL, they are inferior. To the Cardinals, this is a tough, tough game.

The Rams interior defensive line against our interior offensive line is in the Rams' favor.

Not to mention the Rams running game is pretty damn good as well, and that is a great way to get at the AZ defense.

That being said, you could not have a better opponent than the Rams to get ready for the Vikings who have the same strengths as the Rams but even more so.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Division games are always rough. Just look around the rest of the league. There are no easy wins in your own division.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
12-4 this year would help me forget though...a little more..;)
I still think they'll finish 12-4. IMO, the must win game is against the Vikings and maybe the Pack to a lesser degree. Beating the Vikings gives the Cards the tie-breaker same with the Pack. Win those two games and they likely secure the #2 seed.

Losing to STL won't mean much in the big picture.

I have been begging for a "clean" game from the Cards: no turnovers, no special team blunders, etc-- thinking that when they play one, we would get a game where they win by three TDs
They're saving it for the SB ;)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd love to see a statement, easy breezy game against a bad team like we did at the beginning of the season, but we're pretty banged up and the Rams are always better at home then the road, not to mention they're head hunters. So, all I really want to see is a W and a clean bill of health. Even if they have to give me heart palpitations like last week, I'll take it for a W and healthy stars coming out of the game. We win this week, and it would have to take a pre-Arians Cardinals-esque collapse to lose the 2 seed.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Rams interior defensive line against our interior offensive line is in the Rams' favor.

Not to mention the Rams running game is pretty damn good as well, and that is a great way to get at the AZ defense.
+1

Rams always plays us tough. Our Oline will be the key tomorrow. If they play as bad as last week and the Rams get their run game going the Cardinals will be in hot water.

Need a mistake free, injury free game to win

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The Rams and the Vikings have great running games, but the Rams are horrid at the QB position and if we can get ahead by just two TDs... the Rams in a effort trying to catch up can get blown out :)

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

To the other 30 teams in the NFL, they are inferior. To the Cardinals, this is a tough, tough game.

That being said, you could not have a better opponent than the Rams to get ready for the Vikings who have the same strengths as the Rams but even more so.
Well said. It doesn't help when BA keeps stoking the fire with bulletin board comments. :bang:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I'd love to see a statement, easy breezy game against a bad team like we did at the beginning of the season, but we're pretty banged up and the Rams are always better at home then the road, not to mention they're head hunters. So, all I really want to see is a W and a clean bill of health. Even if they have to give me heart palpitations like last week, I'll take it for a W and healthy stars coming out of the game. We win this week, and it would have to take a pre-Arians Cardinals-esque collapse to lose the 2 seed.

We've not played well vs, inferior teams since Chi and first SF game..

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My stomach is already nervous for tomorrow

Will be a fun game hopefully the oline can protect Palmer

And the dline can contain gurly

Also be nice if Austin gets shut down tomorrow

Go Cards!! No injuries tom

babedimancheff

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
My stomach is already nervous for tomorrow

Will be a fun game hopefully the oline can protect Palmer

And the dline can contain gurly

Also be nice if Austin gets shut down tomorrow

Go Cards!! No injuries tom

why? nothing about your life changes whether a team wins or loses this game.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Our most dominating win of the season if you ask me.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Destroyed the Rams! The stats comparison is ridiculous!

Time of possession: 39:47 to 20:13
1st downs: 29-9
3rd down conversions: 7-16, 1-12 (!!!!)
Total net yards: 524-212

Palmer: 26/40 356 yards, 2 TD's, 0 INT's
DJ: 22 for 99, 2 catches for 21, 1 TD
KW: 6 for 59 and 1 TD (that's huge)
Fitz: 8 for 55
Floyd: 7 for 104
Brown: 6 for 113
PP led the team in tackles with 5 and a forced fumble.

Dominating performance.

Last edited:

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This was literally a perfect game for the Cards. Dominated an inferior opponent in pretty much every phase and no major injuries.

Probably should have scored another 10-14pts

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Time of possession: 39:47 to 20:13
1st downs: 29-9
3rd down conversions: 7-16, 1-12 (!!!!)
Total net yards: 524-212

Palmer: 26/40 356 yards, 2 TD's, 0 INT's
DJ: 22 for 99, 2 catches for 21, 1 TD
KW: 6 for 59 and 1 TD (that's huge)
Fitz: 8 for 55
Floyd: 7 for 104
Brown: 6 for 113
PP led the team in tackles with 5 and a forced fumble.

Dominating performance.

Wow, those stats look great

We started out slow, but turned it on. Would have liked to see DJ get that one yard for 100

Larry with some milestones today.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wow, those stats look great

We started out slow, but turned it on. Would have liked to see DJ get that one yard for 100

Larry with some milestones today.

Palmer has been incredible this year, completing almost 64% of his passes. And these aren't short throws he's attempting. He leads the league in average yards per pass attempt.

We have a really good team with great depth on offense especially. I'm full on koolaid.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
The Rams accumulated a total of 3 points, and 212 yards of offense. I believe that is a pretty darn good statement by the Cards 'D', while our offense scored 27, to probably remain the #1 offense in the league.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Nick Foles may be the worst starting QB I have ever seen. Whoever signed him to that contract extension should be fired immediately. I have never seen a guy float the ball like he does.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingman