Bourbon / Whiskey

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else done the distillery tour at Adventurous Stills in Tempe?

We did that as a work outing - has some good product.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else done the distillery tour at Adventurous Stills in Tempe?

We did that as a work outing - has some good product.

My wife and I did it. They had some interesting stuff there. I think we tasted a whiskey made with quinoa in it. Very small facility but worth checking out.

We bought a bottle of their Peralta Bourbon.

OP
OP
jf-08

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A business client just dropped this off for me. Holy smokes!

@MadCardDisease - we should do a double tasting sometime with that High West Prisoner bottle of yours.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Love Bookers! A friend just gave me a bottle for my B-Day.
Back during my winter living in Minnesota, I had to work a half day in Christmas Eve. Problem was the commuter buses didn't leave any earlier - so I had time to kill and wasn't going to hang outside......

Went to a decent restaurants bar, grabbed a drink and was looking over their selection.

Saw they had Bookers and decided to treat myself.

Bartender gave what he called the "Christmas pour" and filled a brandy snifter to around 3/4.

Was definitely appreciated, but not going to lie my head was swimming on that bus ride

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Wife and I took a vacation to Utah this summer and did a whiskey & history tour in SLC.

The host was really engaging and we definitely worked through some whiskeys - really a great time
You must be registered for see images attach

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Back during my winter living in Minnesota, I had to work a half day in Christmas Eve. Problem was the commuter buses didn't leave any earlier - so I had time to kill and wasn't going to hang outside......

Went to a decent restaurants bar, grabbed a drink and was looking over their selection.

Saw they had Bookers and decided to treat myself.

Bartender gave what he called the "Christmas pour" and filled a brandy snifter to around 3/4.

Was definitely appreciated, but not going to lie my head was swimming on that bus ride

122.4 proof will do that to you. :)

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I haven't. That is a nice find though.

While I line the expanded options, different styles, etc that have come with the whiskey/bourbon resurgence the increased price points and rarity is a ballast

Something like Blanton's occupies the space of pappy from 20 years ago and pappy might as well not exist........

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
so just scored me a bottle of EH Taylor Barrel Proof….. anyone ever had it? I almost don’t want to open it because it’s impossible to find.
That’s a good one! Love all of the EH Taylor’s! Nice find! Bourbon is made to be drunk! At least that is what I say.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife and I did it. They had some interesting stuff there. I think we tasted a whiskey made with quinoa in it. Very small facility but worth checking out.

We bought a bottle of their Peralta Bourbon.
Uh what?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been on a dirty martini kick lately with blue cheese stuffed olives…. Had never had one till about 2 months ago and now I can’t get enough. Sadly… just awesome. Can’t believe what I’ve been missing all these years.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I’ve been on a dirty martini kick lately with blue cheese stuffed olives…. Had never had one till about 2 months ago and now I can’t get enough. Sadly… just awesome. Can’t believe what I’ve been missing all these years.
Try a dirty martini with pickled jalepeno juice! Maybe that's just me.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You going gin or vodka?
Nothing but Vodka so far and I’ve only used Grey goose, Belvedere, or Stoli…. I’m a little afraid to try Gin just because of the price point of the martinis and I hate to throw it out if I don’t like it….

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I haven't noticed much of a price difference - I prefer gin and gin cocktails are some of my favorites

I like my martinis only a little bit dirty, but the botanicals in gin just work really well with everything else

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't noticed much of a price difference - I prefer gin and gin cocktails are some of my favorites

I like my martinis only a little bit dirty, but the botanicals in gin just work really well with everything else
I’m gonna have to try it at some point. And not a price difference just meaning I don’t want to go out and order a Dirty Martini in a bar with gin and pay the 18.00 and find out I don’t like it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison