Buddy has his work cut out for him

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Am I the only one mystified by the amount of, albeit mainly minor, injuries that we have? I can’t remember a preseason where we were so nicked up. This is especially bizarre considering how toned-down training camps are these days. Do we have a soft team, is it just players these days or is the team being ridiculously over-cautious? If this trend continues, we’ll be starting people off the street by week 3.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I would imagine all teams as a whole are treating their players, particularly starters, with the same kid gloves since the advent of 17 games and possible playoffs

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Am I the only one mystified by the amount of, albeit mainly minor, injuries that we have? I can’t remember a preseason where we were so nicked up. This is especially bizarre considering how toned-down training camps are these days. Do we have a soft team, is it just players these days or is the team being ridiculously over-cautious? If this trend continues, we’ll be starting people off the street by week 3.
Yes you must be the only one mystified

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm not mystified, merely dismayed. We are not in a good place with injuries, which, given our lack of depth (or starters) at key spots, makes for grim reading.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not mystified, merely dismayed. We are not in a good place with injuries, which, given our lack of depth (or starters) at key spots, makes for grim reading.
Actually our injury condition seems pretty good to me. We haven't lost anybody for the season yet - which by this point in camp usually happens.

The issue isn't really how many injuries we are having, it's our lack of depth.

Stout

Reaction score
Actually our injury condition seems pretty good to me. We haven't lost anybody for the season yet - which by this point in camp usually happens.

The issue isn't really how many injuries we are having, it's our lack of depth.
It's both. Losing time in camp, especially for young players, is bad. Injuries that can linger into the season, like hammies and backs, are no bueno. The depth issue just exacerbates the problem.

OP
OP
cardsfanmd

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's both. Losing time in camp, especially for young players, is bad. Injuries that can linger into the season, like hammies and backs, are no bueno. The depth issue just exacerbates the problem.
Exactly. We haven’t lost anyone for the season besides Gladney but the fact that 3-5 guys seem to going down with minor things almost daily is a really concerning trend.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
do we have any evidence the Cardinal experience is worse than average this year? It doesnt seem worse, and in some ways is better

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just a gut suspicion, but all clubs are juggling injury issues in varying ways (some better &/or luckier than others). I just hope the Cards are a bit better than middle-of-the-pack. There isn’t a whole lot of transparency here.

Stout

Reaction score
do we have any evidence the Cardinal experience is worse than average this year? It doesnt seem worse, and in some ways is better
It sure seems worse than usual. The only possible explanation, for me, is that the team is putting out some false info, resting players, and just being super cautious.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Well, our starters are certainly not being worn out by the preaseason!

OP
OP
cardsfanmd

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, our starters are certainly not being worn out by the preaseason!
A huge chunk of them aren’t even practicing though. The other day there were 15 starters/major role players sitting due to injury/covid

Watt
Fotu
Lawrence
Golden
Hamilton
Wilson

Pugh
Hernandez
Hayes
Isadora
Murray (OL)
Ward
Moore
Wesley
Ertz

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, vanilla practices to avoid injuries and then the team is already banged up

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wouldn’t be surprised if many of our injuries are just the Cardinals being overly protective. I still think though that if we don’t upgrade the CB position, Mahomes will throw for 500
yards in the opener.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
A huge chunk of them aren’t even practicing though. The other day there were 15 starters/major role players sitting due to injury/covid

Watt
Fotu
Lawrence
Golden
Hamilton
Wilson

Pugh
Hernandez
Hayes
Isadora
Murray (OL)
Ward
Moore
Wesley
Ertz
Yeah, it's the perfect storm of injury prone players all going down at the same time.

Wolf and Max Starks were talking about it yesterday, their concerns with the lack of preseason reps. Between getting physically and mentally prepped, they worry about the last taste from the previous season, and jumping into real life fire drills against KC.

Between the injuries, the obvious depth issues, Hop being out, Gladney,, etc, this has been a nightmare of an offseason.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's the perfect storm of injury prone players all going down at the same time.

Wolf and Max Starks were talking about it yesterday, their concerns with the lack of preseason reps. Between getting physically and mentally prepped, they worry about the last taste from the previous season, and jumping into real life fire drills against KC.

Between the injuries, the obvious depth issues, Hop being out, Gladney,, etc, this has been a nightmare of an offseason.
This training camp looks identical to last year as far as how vets are being used and we stomped the Titans in week 1 last year, a 12-5 team.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen