Can we talk Computer books?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Looking for some good reads on Windows 2003 server :)

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
Looking for some good reads on Windows 2003 server :)

Try the "Making of Windows 2003 Swimsuit" book. Great layout and the centerfold...sheesh...I don't have to tell you I had some great Windows dreams last night:D

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Hey Ryan,

I don't have any ideas on the Server book, but can you recommend ANY computer books that won't put me to sleep in 5 minutes, AND that are clearly followable? (I just made up a word!) The last Microsoft Press book I read really sucked because almost all their examples do not work if you code them and try to run them. How can you learn from a book when it's examples don't work??? I hate MS Press!

Les

Rookie
Reaction score
I have no clue when it comes to computer books, but a couple of the ones my husband is reading now are : Jakarta Struts by O'Reily and Servelets and Java Server Pages by Sun. He seems to be engrossed in them......

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Speaking of that, is anybody here A+ certified?
If so, can you recommend me any study guides and maybe explain how to get certified?

Thanks

Stefan

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
O'Reilly is always a good bet imo. Plus I'm a huge fan of the Wrox line - however i'm a programmer and I have no idea if they make any Windows Server books. I'd imagine that they do - but I couldn't tell you for sure.

Also - IMO - keep away from the Microsoft Press books - they usually have as many mistakes as their software has bugs.

Shawn