Card Rookie Camp Report Coming Up On NFL Network

OP
OP
B

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i will try and re-cap the report just in case someone didn't get to see it and is curious. Plus this helps to relieve my eagerness for the upcoming season to hurry up and start

Darren Horton was the reporter and he opened the report with the goal posts at the Cards practice field behind him. I like Horton and sometimes think to myself that he does at least as good a job as host of Total Access as Eisen does. He talked about how there is an energy and buzz in the Valley now that is not just relagated to the Suns and Diamondbacks. It is for the improving and up and coming Cardinals as well. Cited new stadium, season ticket sell out, a good draft, and James as a FA aquisition.

It included DG talking about how the rookies didn't get as much attention at the mini-camp because of the presence of veterans. He said this camp will get them up to speed so that they can compete next month. Duece Letui was the main focal point of the report and he got the most face-time. He talked about going to games at SDS, the heat, and "open seats". Now he said that is going to change and fans will have a great time in a new and comfortable stadium. He also talked about having to share a locker with his QB (Leinart) and how he was kind enough to leave him some room to stick his slippers in at the bottom of it. Showed Leinart getting a drink from the garden hose. Then Leinart said he was learning the offense and the new verbiage. He said he wanted to be able to call the plays in the huddle when vets return without stumbling and pausing over it. That was the jist of the report.

When they returned to the Studio Eisen asked Nate Burleson if the Seahawks were concerned about the Cards. He said they were and they have taken notice of what the Cards are doing.He said it was just for now and that once the season starts they won't be concerned with what they have done in the offseason.

seesred

Reaction score
Another part of the same show talked about running backs.. Focused in on Denver, Ravens and Cards EJ. The anouncer I don't know his name that was talking baout the RBs on these teams predicted that James will get frustrated by our lousy O-line and failed to mention any improvments adding FA, Draft pick and injuries . He said he was very sure James would not be able to run the ball with the Cardinals....

I'm not sure we will , but at least give the full story. There are still some who never read or interview to get their points clear. IDIOT!

GBR

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
seesred said:
Another part of the same show talked about running backs.. Focused in on Denver, Ravens and Cards EJ. The anouncer I don't know his name that was talking baout the RBs on these teams predicted that James will get frustrated by our lousy O-line and failed to mention any improvments adding FA, Draft pick and injuries . He said he was very sure James would not be able to run the ball with the Cardinals....

I'm not sure we will , but at least give the full story. There are still some who never read or interview to get their points clear. IDIOT!

GBR

Again, until that O-Line shows improvement on the field, they're still not that good and that's how everyone will percieve them.
To be honest, I know they've added new players but they haven't had a snap yet and alot of people have 'em in the playoffs etc...we gotta see how they do. This doesn't mean I think we'll do crappy, as a matter of fact, I think we'll do alot better but I can't be certain until they actually play and get thru the pre-season wigth no injuries.
I still don't like that reporter tho...you're right, he's an idiot , I never have liked his reporting

Redrage

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If Garrison Hearst can run for 1050 yards behind the line of the '95 Cards then James can run for 1200 behind this one.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
seesred said:

GBR
That clip is featured on nfl.com and named "Solomon Wilcots breaks down the RB position"

And you didn't get it right. He says that the addition of Edge doesn't help IF the OL doesn't improve. If the OL doesn't step up this season THEN Edge will start to get frustated.

Edge will certainly help the rungame, but I think he's right. Unless the OL steps up Edge won't be.. Well, he won't be Egde!

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thanks for the report I think the cards oline will surprise everyone this year and Edge will have a great year wishful thinking I know but lets hope :) GO CARDS

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Were there not reports that Indy's O line wasn't all that spectacular?

I'm sure they were better than the Cards but how much of it was Edge?

I think Loney, Latui, M. Brown, another year wiser LD, and better depth (except for both T's) should have a large impact on the O line performance. Also If I was a Card O line player I would be pissed and want to redeem myself by playing with a vengeance!!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
PortlandCardFan said:
Were there not reports that Indy's O line wasn't all that spectacular?

I'm sure they were better than the Cards but how much of it was Edge?

The Cards have not had a running back of that caliber since OJ Anderson wore out after the 1984 season.

For a variety of reasons, injuries,attitude,lack of talent,poor coaching decisions, the Cards just have not been able to put top level players on the field at that position.

seesred

Reaction score
Johnny Johnson could have been a very good back. But his head said no to the Cardinals. He was traded or realeased to the Jets. He had hurt his foot (so he said) that preveted him from playing. He sat and left. To bad. And of course there was Garrison. A great draft pick let go and the rest is history.

GBR

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I understand that "beggars can't be choosers" and that we should be greatful for any national news at all that comes out of training camp.

But there was little in that NFL Net training camp feature that we didn't know already. I was hoping for some "red meat" - You know, how nifty Spurlock looked. Which of the other UDFA's flashed something. How our 2 new DT's are doing.

The Wilcox piece brought me down to earth a bit. The O-line remains a questionmark. But one thing he failed to do was to follow up his observation of how sucky we were last year with what is going on this year that might change that (i.e. new position coach, the addition of Milford Brown and Lutui, the return of all our injured linemen and the benefits of expected consistency and stability on the O-line).

Not that all of this is a "definite"/I just think there's more room for optimism than Solomon portrayed.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen