Champions League 2024

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I called Dortmund and PSG farmers teams in my post-tryout parent chat tonight.

Great game today, but it’s hard to fight the feeling that all of these clubs are going to be rolled by Real.

I like the CBS studio show, but their commentary in-game is DIRE.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I called Dortmund and PSG farmers teams in my post-tryout parent chat tonight.

Great game today, but it’s hard to fight the feeling that all of these clubs are going to be rolled by Real.

I like the CBS studio show, but their commentary in-game is DIRE.
I like the Irish dude.

'The finishing was like a garlic milkshake!' LOL. How can you not like that.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I like the Irish dude.

I freaking hate it. Both those dudes are selling and it’s annoying. You don’t have to work so hard for a Champions League semifinal; you’re commentating on some of the best clubs in the world (and also Dortmund).

Anyone watching this game at noon on a Tuesday knows what they’re getting. You don’t have to overcook every cross to Mbappe.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I freaking hate it. Both those dudes are selling and it’s annoying. You don’t have to work so hard for a Champions League semifinal; you’re commentating on some of the best clubs in the world (and also Dortmund).

Anyone watching this game at noon on a Tuesday knows what they’re getting. You don’t have to overcook every cross to Mbappe.
I agree to a point.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I like the Irish dude.

Oh, that dude was suuuper annoying when he did Newcastle games. The above line, and similar lines, can be funny. The problem was, he was shooting off one every minute, it seemed. Is it stand up comedy or soccer? Ugh.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Absolutely! 100 percent. Calm down, people.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Excited for Dortmond.. my buddy and his family are big fans (our sons are soccer teammates). An All-German final would be interesting, but I think it'll be Real.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Ah football refs strike again. They tried their best to take a legal goal away from Madrid, only to one up themselves and blow Bayern’s equalizer dead. And Manuel Neur. How can he be so talented, yet unable to make a catch on an easy bounce?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
And cbs rushes away from the game to let’s make a deal lol. Only in America!

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
So tired of Real. Now they'll add both Davies and Mbappe in the summer as well. It's just boring at this point, kind of like super teams in the NBA.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Real owns. The whole game was kind of a mess, but the outcome was as overdetermined as can be.

I hope Modric scores a goal in the final.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So tired of Real. Now they'll add both Davies and Mbappe in the summer as well. It's just boring at this point, kind of like super teams in the NBA.
I wish Financial Fair Play rules really were a thing. You don't have to wonder why they are winning.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
I wish Financial Fair Play rules really were a thing.
I wish they were an actual thing and not a "the old rich get to stay rich and screw anyone else" set of rules. Because, let's be real--they're only actual rules if you're poor or not septic 6. Everton? Points deductions. Forrest? Points deductions. Man City? We'll drag our feet and never actually do anything. Newcastle couldn't spend a penny in January or the league would have nailed them to a wall, because they're using FFP to maintain status quo. It's a huge joke.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish they were an actual thing and not a "the old rich get to stay rich and screw anyone else" set of rules.
You got me seconds before I posted a picture.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish they were an actual thing and not a "the old rich get to stay rich and screw anyone else" set of rules. Because, let's be real--they're only actual rules if you're poor or not septic 6. Everton? Points deductions. Forrest? Points deductions. Man City? We'll drag our feet and never actually do anything. Newcastle couldn't spend a penny in January or the league would have nailed them to a wall, because they're using FFP to maintain status quo. It's a huge joke.
It is not only the big six, but it is the choice of the smaller clubs not to fight it as much, because that costs millions of dollars as well. It is just like the American legal justice system. Those with money have a different set of rules.

You want to send a message? Ban City from Europe for a year.

Stout

Reaction score
It is not only the big six, but it is the choice of the smaller clubs not to fight it as much, because that costs millions of dollars as well. It is just like the American legal justice system. Those with money have a different set of rules.

You want to send a message? Ban City from Europe for a year.
But it isn't remotely like that. It's "Those who have money and spent it before these ridiculous rules went into place" live by a different set of rules. Newcastle aren't allowed to do what Chelski and Liverfool and City did. It's ludicrous. If a team has money and can sustainably invest, without fear of going into administration, they should be allowed to.

I wholeheartedly agree with you about City--that would send a message.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But it isn't remotely like that. It's "Those who have money and spent it before these ridiculous rules went into place" live by a different set of rules. Newcastle aren't allowed to do what Chelski and Liverfool and City did. It's ludicrous. If a team has money and can sustainably invest, without fear of going into administration, they should be allowed to.

I wholeheartedly agree with you about City--that would send a message.
If you knew how Liverpool has operated, they have NOT done what you said they did. They have a very fixed budget and have so for the entire FSG ownership. The money that they have spent has largely been paid for by selling players. It took them months to finally decide to break their own imposed wage limit to sign Salah to his latest contract.

Stout

Reaction score
If you knew how Liverpool has operated, they have NOT done what you said they did. They have a very fixed budget and have so for the entire FSG ownership. The money that they have spent has largely been paid for by selling players. It took them months to finally decide to break their own imposed wage limit to sign Salah to his latest contract.
Perhaps not Liverpool as much as the others, but they have thrown out astronomical amounts of fees for players. Despite their outgoings, they have spent far more than Newcastle, which is why I bristled so much at Klopp's whiny "we can't compete with Newcastle" comments.

But yeah, Man City and Chelski are much better examples.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort