Devin Booker is the greatest player EVER in Suns history

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
James Jones needs to go as bad as Vogel. I heard James Jones repeatedly say we didn’t need a PG. He has been hit and miss with free agents as well.
I was fine with who he brought on. What I’m not fine with is who we didn’t acquire. That might be due to other factors but there are some trades we didn’t do that could have improved us.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
James Jones needs to go as bad as Vogel. I heard James Jones repeatedly say we didn’t need a PG. He has been hit and miss with free agents as well.
Ignoring the team's needs because he allegedly "knows better" than conventional wisdom has been a longstanding issue with him.

The thing puts me off him most isn't so much that he's not a particularly good GM, but that he is so freaking arrogant whenever he gets questioned about his decisions.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After our most disappointing season in Suns history, they can all go for all I care. Even Booker has lost his luster this year. I don't even know where to start with this team anymore.
I say get it over with and burn it all down like OKC and Houston did. Sure, we have barely any picks for like the next 20 years :sarcasm: but you have to realize this isn't going to work.

They will try a new coach.

After that, they will realize it the composition of the players on the team more than the coach. So, complete burn down is probably after next season not this one.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I say get it over with and burn it all down like OKC and Houston did. Sure, we have barely any picks for like the next 20 years :sarcasm: but you have to realize this isn't going to work.

After that, they will realize it the composition of the players on the team more than the coach. So, complete burn down is probably after next season not this one.
Or after some more time together with a good coach they start to gel as a team. It does after all take time look no farther than the team we are playing, Denver, took time to gel in a system. Not to mention we had whole new team and staff. After the clips do their annual collapse we should make a hard push for Lue! Health is always a risk with this team but we have seen spurts of what they could be if they stay healthy and hit shots. Vogel is just pure trash wonder why shots coming up short or off cause they are freaking spent since Vogels refuses to play the bench to cut down on the minutes, which is crazier because of our injury risk so run down oft injured players into the ground sounds like genius coaching! They get better with coaching alone but moves WILL be made!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Or after some more time together with a good coach they start to gel as a team. It does after all take time look no farther than the team we are playing, Denver, took time to gel in a system. Not to mention we had whole new team and staff. After the clips do their annual collapse we should make a hard push for Lue! Health is always a risk with this team but we have seen spurts of what they could be if they stay healthy and hit shots. Vogel is just pure trash wonder why shots coming up short or off cause they are freaking spent since Vogels refuses to play the bench to cut down on the minutes, which is crazier because of our injury risk so run down oft injured players into the ground sounds like genius coaching! They get better with coaching alone but moves WILL be made!

I respectfully just do not agree. I truly hope you are correct, and a coach can make this particular team elite again.

One of the least encouraging things for me is the team was actually healthier than I thought it would be. Durant, in particular, played a lot more games than I thought he would.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I respectfully just do not agree. I truly hope you are correct, and a coach can make this particular team elite again.

One of the least encouraging things for me is the team was actually healthier than I thought it would be. Durant, in particular, played a lot more games than I thought he would.
Yeah, I have no idea how much of our problems fall under Vogel and I do believe their overall play would improve if we ran it back. But with or without Vogel, I can't see this group of players accomplishing much of anything even with another year together. And that's even if they enjoy better health next season than they did this year.

I'm not positive where all the blame should fall but I think it's time for Operation Clean Sweep. Regrettably, I doubt that's what we do. More likely we will run it back and show signs of improvement with or without a coaching change. Followed by another early exit.

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
this will be book's 4th elimination game in the last 4 years - which is bad - because it means he never wins

yall know im a hardcore book fan but i smoked my blunt this morning and did a little research - and its not good

last 3 elimination games:

7/20/21 book vs bucks
46 minutes
36% fg
0-7 from 3
19pts and a -15 for +/-

5/15/22 book vs Mavs
36 minutes
21% fg
0-3 from 3
11pts and a -41

5/11/23 book vs nuggets
35 minutes
30% fg
1-3 from 3
12pts and a -27

my analysis:
if book doesn't turn the corner tonight - idk if he ever will - granted this team is new but book's dismal performances in elimination games are not - infact it's the only constant even with revolving rosters

if the suns crap the bed tonight - i expect vogel to be gone

if book craps the bed - i expect him and his contract to be untradable - especially with the new apron yada yada

so honestly idk suns fans - but im hoping - no scratch that - im praying lol book turns that corner tonight - because if not...

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
this will be book's 4th elimination game in the last 4 years - which is bad - because it means he never wins

yall know im a hardcore book fan but i smoked my blunt this morning and did a little research - and its not good

7/20/21 book vs bucks
46 minutes
36% fg
0-7 from 3
19pts and a -15 for +/-

5/15/22 book vs Mavs
36 minutes
21% fg
0-3 from 3
11pts and a -41

5/11/23 book vs nuggets
35 minutes
30% fg
1-3 from 3
12pts and a -27

my analysis:
if book doesn't turn the corner tonight - idk if he ever will - granted this team is new but book's dismal performances in elimination games are not - infact it's the only constant even with revolving rosters

if book craps the bed - i expect him and his contract to be untradable - especially with the new apron yada yada

so honestly idk suns fans - but im hoping - no scratch that - im praying lol book turns that corner tonight - because if not...
Who is to say what goes through Book’s head but it appears he doesn’t know how to handle the pressure of a big game?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I definitely think Booker would play better if he were relieved of primary point guard duties.
My biggest worry about point book was an increase in turnovers. With Point Book and the shared ball handling for Beal and Durant? Only the Spurs, Pistons, Blazers and Jazz turn the ball over more in the regular season. In the playoffs, only Cleveland and the Pelicans have turned the ball over more.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
My biggest worry about point book was an increase in turnovers. With Point Book and the shared ball handling for Beal and Durant? Only the Spurs, Pistons, Blazers and Jazz turn the ball over more in the regular season. In the playoffs, only Cleveland and the Pelicans have turned the ball over more.

It's not just the turnovers, though.

Booker needs to focus on what he does best, being an offensive threat without the distraction of running the team.

He didn't even have the benefit of a rotation point guard to give him a break.

Opponents perpetually focus on taking away his game. IMO, he had too much on his plate.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He wasn’t the primary pg in any of those three prior flameouts.
Can someone please explain how Booker “is the best Sun” if he “wasn’t the key player” on playoff teams?

Trying to keep up. I like Booker but I don’t know how he is the best.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will Booker be the best if he leads the Suns back from 3-0 down in round one to win the series?

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score

7/20/21 book vs bucks
46 minutes
36% fg
0-7 from 3
19pts and a -15 for +/-

5/15/22 book vs Mavs
36 minutes
21% fg
0-3 from 3
11pts and a -41

5/11/23 book vs nuggets
35 minutes
30% fg
1-3 from 3
12pts and a -27

my analysis:

*elimination game edition

4/28/24 book vs timberwolves
45 minutes
62% fg
3-5 from 3
49pts and a +1 *in a loss

judges??

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Can someone please explain how Booker “is the best Sun” if he “wasn’t the key player” on playoff teams?

Trying to keep up. I like Booker but I don’t know how he is the best.
Are mixing up two conversations? “Key player” and “primary point guard” are two different things.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Book can’t even be in the conversation right now after his playoff disappearances. Even though he played good tonight he didn’t for the previous 3. That is unless we are strictly talking from a stats perspective. He will hold a ton of records.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Book can’t even be in the conversation right now after his playoff disappearances. Even though he played good tonight he didn’t for the previous 3. That is unless we are strictly talking from a stats perspective. He will hold a ton of records.
Except for the elimination game, last year he was on an historic run in the playoffs. But nobody remembers that.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except for the elimination game, last year he was on an historic run in the playoffs. But nobody remembers that.
I remember it and changes nothing. I can’t think of another “superstar” that has disappeared as much as he has let alone 3 games in a row in 4 game series. Don’t get me wrong. Book is still one of the best players in the league but he is NOT in the same tier as the Superstars in this league.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison