"Feelings have been hurt between Warner and the Cards" said Warner's agent

gohard83

Registered
Reaction score
"Warner's agent, Mark Bartelstein, said he is not trying to gain leverage with the Cardinals by having his client visit the division-rival 49ers.
"People assume things are being done to create leverage and that's not true," Bartelstein said. "Anyone who knows Kurt Warner knows that's not the moral plane he operates under. He would never do something to create leverage."
However, Bartelstein said "some feelings have been hurt," with Warner in his relationship with the Cardinals."

"All of a sudden, people pursue you and it's nice to be wanted," the agent said. "You hear some things that are intriguing. Some things have developed in the last few days that are intriguing. He really didn't want to go through free agency. We thought something would be done by now (in Arizona). It's disappointing."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/03/01/SP2H167G7C.DTL

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get the F over it Kurt!

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a baby, Kurt is acting like such a Shane H.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Please, Kurt... don't leave the Bay area without a contract... Thank you for last year.

Let the Leinart era begin...

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Go screw yourself agent, talk about your client but never use the phrase "You" that loosely as if you are that closely tied to Warner 'being wanted'. And the Cardinals want Warner but realize there are also over 50 other players on the team...a lot with a future over two more years

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait a minute, didn't the Cards give Warner a million dollar bonus after the 2007 season for a QB rating even though he did not earn it.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
He really didn't want to go through free agency. We thought something would be done by now (in Arizona). It's disappointing."

It takes two to get a deal done, and both sides had 2 now going on 3 weeks to get it done. Just as much this idiots fault as the Cardinals.

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
i still hope kurt doesn't leave; it will hurt the cards if he does.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I change my mind. I don't even want him at 8M per year. Go away Kurt.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh give me a freaking break.

Sign the damn deal already! Or retire. Or go to SF.

Just let us know what your shattered feelings decide to do, ASAP, so we can move forward accordingly. Matt needs to know if he should be reading the playbook now or jumping in a hot tub with Fez and some chicks. Decisions for everyone!

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I thought we did NOT give him that bonus?? :shrug:

He was saying after the 2007 season, not last year when it was written in the contract. League rules prohibit any bonus money distributed if the stat clause was not hit.

After the 2007 season the Cards gave him a bonus that wasn't written in the contract.

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
Oh give me a freaking break.

Sign the damn deal already! Or retire. Or go to SF.

Just let us know what your shattered feelings decide to do, ASAP, so we can move forward accordingly. Matt needs to know if he should be reading the playbook now or jumping in a hot tub with Fez and some chicks. Decisions for everyone!

Bing Bing Bing, we have a winner!