Finally... The Arizona Cardinals

RedForeman

Registered
Reaction score
It's been said before... I'll say it again, things are changing with this organization and after Wednesday, I believe that they will never again be the same ole Cardinals.

I know, I know... as long as they win, it doesn't matter what color the jersey is or if the logo looks mean or not. Success is what will build a fan-base and success is the only thing that will make this a respectable NFL franchise. This is true and uniforms have never decided the outcome of a single football game at any level. But for the Cardinals, Wednesday's unveiling is important and is long overdue for this organization and the for the state of Arizona.

Since moving to Arizona, this organization has always had a cloud of uncertainty associated with them. It seemed they never really made a full commitment to Arizona and in turn, many valley football fans never made a commitment to them. Most Arizonans would surely rather have had an NFL expansion team than a cast-off from some other city, and since their move from St Louis, it always felt like something was left undone with this team's transition to the valley.

The name change from the Phoenix Cardinals to the Arizona Cardinals in their 1st couple of years was a pathetic attempt at expanding their fan base, and I believe, had the opposite affect by making them appear more unstable and more uncommitted. Like their stadium agreement at ASU, they were just tenants, in a continuous state of flux. They were the ultimate transient organization, like a stray dog that never stays in one place too long.

But now for this organization and all of it's fans, comes the pay-off. The pay-off for all the years of instability, for all the ridicule from fans of other teams and the media. The failed drafts, the blowouts, the hard bleacher seats and the heat. For suffering through the stumbling, fumbling and bumbling. We now have a real NFL stadium, a real NFL coach and front office philosophy and soon a new uniform. We'll no longer have to wonder if that Arizona state flag on the sleeve of the home jersey is only attached with Velcro.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Good Stuff Red...

I am happy with the change of this organization, it looks as though 2005-2006 will be a great year of change and new found respectability for all of us.

On a side note, it looks like 05-06 will also be the year for my basketball team to: the Golden State Warriors.

Now you know why my name is LoyaltyisaCurse;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingman