Glendale Ending Coyotes lease after 21-22 season

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I know I’m not alone, but I’ve never, in any way whatsoever, understood Bettman’s unwavering support. It’s baffling and, IMHO, not helpful because he seems okay with whatever garbage situation ownership presents. At this point, I believe the franchise and certainly the fan base would be better served if Bettman demanded better. How is the Coyotes situation a good thing for anyone? And how can the commissioner of one of the world’s top sports leagues support a franchise in constant turmoil?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pisses me off we spend 100’s of millions for Sarcee at the Footprint Center yet he can veto the Coyotes

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know I’m not alone, but I’ve never, in any way whatsoever, understood Bettman’s unwavering support. It’s baffling and, IMHO, not helpful because he seems okay with whatever garbage situation ownership presents. At this point, I believe the franchise and certainly the fan base would be better served if Bettman demanded better. How is the Coyotes situation a good thing for anyone? And how can the commissioner of one of the world’s top sports leagues support a franchise in constant turmoil?

I submit that someone who reportedly makes less than 10 million a year is not the final say for any decisions of support when it comes to the Coyotes situation. He is the mouthpiece for the NHL and its 32 billionaire owners. If they tire of the situation, you can be quite sure that the turmoil will be unceremoniously and abruptly ended.

Last edited:

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, that's good I guess. It's definitely better than not having a rink to play at.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
José M. Romero

@RomeroJoseM

·
35m

Statement from Coyotes' President & CEO Xavier Gutierrez: “We are thrilled that we have arranged to play our home games in Arizona State University’s new multi-purpose arena starting next season. This will be an incredible, intimate and exciting fan experience in a ...

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
José M. Romero
@RomeroJoseM
·
35m

Statement from Coyotes' President & CEO Xavier Gutierrez: “We are thrilled that we have arranged to play our home games in Arizona State University’s new multi-purpose arena starting next season. This will be an incredible, intimate and exciting fan experience in a ...
Having less seats would mean ticket prices would only have to reduced by half now due to supply and demand of such an inferior product.... ;)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am skeptical until I see it happen. So far a lot has been said about investing in the club, only to actually see missed payments, and not paying bills due so far as headlines. Waiting to see positive moves financially.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coyotes SCORE !!!

You must be registered for see images attach

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder if there will be many tickets to be bought since I am assuming season ticket holders will have the first chance to buy tickets.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison