How would YOU fix the Cardinals if you were GM?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
One of the things I like the most about reading this board is to see the insights from some of the great minds on this board.

With how bad the Cardinals right now, I think it's interesting to see what people on this board think the Cardinals should do.

1. Keep or fire Keim? Who would you hire to replace Keim if you fired him? (If you fire or keep Keim, what is now, your plan to fix the team?)
2. Keep or fire Wilks? Who would you hire to replace Wilks if you fired him?
3. What would your Free agency plan be? I know this changes because there are always veterans that you don't expect to hit the market, but what would you do?
4. What is your current mock? Using today's draft order and all possible candidates to draft, what would your do?

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Find a football czar. Let him fire Keim & coaching staff. Adopt the Patriot drafting/F A philosophy. Parlay top draft choices into multi picks.

Hire a bright offensive minded HC ( from the college ranks if need be ) who will coach the team with the league rules mandated offense/passing game skewed plan.

Don't be emotionally attached to remaining star players if they can be traded for high draft choices. I know it is fashionable to rip on Jon Gruden, but a similar disembowelment of the roster is a plan to be considered.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Considering the long streak of mediocre results i would change the ownership
Despite the bla bla bla from Michael Bidwill, his motto is
"Most important thing is partecipate and making money, not winning"
Obviously is something he can freely do in a place like arizona where the media and fans are pretty fair

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fire Keim.

Hire George Paton. Bring DeFilippo with him & make him the HC.

Draft Oliver or Quinnen since we’re not going to be worse than the Raiders or Giants most likely to get Bosa.

Trade back in the 2nd for multiple picks.
Trade back in the 3rd for multiple picks.

Draft a Guard, then draft WRs back to back. Draft a ILB, then TE, & continue.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Join a cult and pray to the god day in and day out....it'll do more than Wilks has with this team.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This wouldn't be a 1 year fix. But here would be my plan:

Fire Wilks and name Leftwich head coach and put my trust in him.

Speak to PP, Fitz, Chandler Jones, to start, and ask them if they want to stay or be traded. This would be out of respect for them because I'm going to want to tear this team down to formula and these men deserve to play for a winner. If they want to stay, that's fine too.

Release all the dead weight contracts(Iupati, Gresham, Bradford, Glennon, etc). I'll take the dead cap hits at this point. If any of these players want to stay then they need to have their contracts reworked.

Depending on who's available this upcoming draft, I would either keep the pick and take the BPA in the first round(no doubt a top 5 pick) or trade back in the first round for later round picks and picks for next season as well.

Start building an offensive line.

Basically get younger with some scattered veterans.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Hire someone more knowledgeable about this kind of thing than me, and hire them with the rule they can only draft one small school player per draft and only after the 3rd round.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Never ever hire a person from a team who's never won a SB ie Carolina.....has to have at least 3+ years coordinator exp ie Carolina...no one who has ever learned from Ron Rivera.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
John Harbaugh and Pete Carrol disagree with you.
Of course there is exceptions. But we need to stick with football minds who know how to scheme to a teams strength our coach schemes and it makes us weaker and is to ignorant to accept and change. I hate you Wilks

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course there is exceptions. But we need to stick with football minds who know how to scheme to a teams strength our coach schemes and it makes us weaker and is to ignorant to accept and change. I hate you Wilks
HUH?!?

...dbs

Reaction score

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For us to matter again we need to build around Rosen and turn this offense into a juggernaut. We need to upgrade the o-line in a huge way starting at both guard positions. Cole would be better with quality guards and it would prevent pressure in Rosen’s face. Then we need a bonifide TE. We need to add a big WR and we need a wr that can replace what JJ Nelson is SUPPOSED to be.Let’s see how leftwich does with the garbage he has to work with. A vastly improved offense will help the defense tremendously. It’s all about offense in today’s nfl. Let’s go out and score 30 points and I’ll take my chances with this defense.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
New coaching staff with experience.
On offense bring in a guard and a RT for the line.
Two wide receivers. One in free agency and one in the draft.
Free agent TE.
New kicker.
On defense draft Ed Oliver and re-sign Marcus Golden for the line.
Sign a linebacker.
Sign a CB.
Because of the butt load of money we will have next year every one of the free agents that we bring in will be top five at their position. We will buy our way to a Super Bowl in one off season.

OP
OP
Krangodnzr

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
New coaching staff with experience.
On offense bring in a guard and a RT for the line.
Two wide receivers. One in free agency and one in the draft.
Free agent TE.
New kicker.
On defense draft Ed Oliver and re-sign Marcus Golden for the line.
Sign a linebacker.
Sign a CB.
Because of the butt load of money we will have next year every one of the free agents that we bring in will be top five at their position. We will buy our way to a Super Bowl in one off season.

None of this is your unreasonable. The Cardinals also need a WR.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Punt the ball to bethcher as BA suggested.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Hire Peyton Manning as GM then he hires Lincoln Riley as HC. I’ve been saying it for awhile now.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen