If we stay at 4,27 and 35 no trades who would you take

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Higher than predicted by the media who don't work for NFL teams.

This disagreement gets circular real quickly, and I've learned over the years that there is a fairly wide range of value for players.

Fiske was among the top five most disruptive interior players at IDL in this draft and those guys go a lot earlier than the media usually thinks...just like Sweat might go day three when some were mocking him in the first round just a month ago.

I don't know the grades given to FISKE by NFL teams, nor do you.

There are reputable evaluators working through the so-called 'media' who source their insights and prognostications through scouts and others close to teams.

If FISKE goes late first, it's good on him, but I'm skeptical.

As for SWEAT, let's not ignore what occurred in the last month.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I conceded the possibility of FISKE at #35 to be kind, not because I believe it's likely.
It seemed high to me too. But that’s just because we are all consuming the same media opinions. It’s not unheard of for the media to be totally off from nfl front offices.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Murphy will not be there at #27. He could be teh first defensive player off the board. He is the consensu #16 player in the draft
I know a certain board member who would be VERY happy if Murphy went #9 to the Bears.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't know the grades given to FISKE by NFL teams, nor do you.

There are reputable evaluators working through the so-called 'media' who source their insights and prognostications through scouts and others close to teams.
Right which is why Fiske was initially pegged as a fourth rounder and now you can find mocks with him going in the first.
If FISKE goes late first, it's good on him, but I'm skeptical.
Because most of your information was gleaned from a flawed process that the media goes through.

I've learned not to believe the media mocks and to take them as infotainment.
As for SWEAT, let's not ignore what occurred in the last month.
He was already falling off the top two rounds anyway.

A lot of how the media builds their mock drafts starts with player rankings going all the way back to high school.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
4 - MHJ
27 - Murphy, Newton, McKinstry, Dejean in that order
35 - D. Robinson, Barton, Jackson-Powers Johnson, A. Mitchell in that order
The #1 player is right, but I add corners like TJ Tampa at #35 and I want Chop Robinson more than most.

HookemCards

Have at you!!!!!
Reaction score
The #1 player is right, but I add corners like TJ Tampa at #35 and I want Chop Robinson more than most.
I definitely want a CB, and an early one at that. One of the reasons i'm ok with the trade down with Minn is the depth at WR, but also I think Quinyon Mitchell is going to be really, really good and would be ok with grabbing him at 11. I just really like strong lines, right now we just need 1 on the OL, put we need several on the DL.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Right which is why Fiske was initially pegged as a fourth rounder and now you can find mocks with him going in the first.

Because most of your information was gleaned from a flawed process that the media goes through.

I've learned not to believe the media mocks and to take them as infotainment.

He was already falling off the top two rounds anyway.

A lot of how the media builds their mock drafts starts with player rankings going all the way back to high school.

Media, media, media—where are you getting your seemingly superior information and analysis, and isn't also available to the 'media'?

I gather my thoughts from the Kypers of this world who make it a life's work to evaluate prospects. Am I to dismiss Kyper and a few others because they appear in the so-called media?

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
If were staying put:
#4 MHJ
#27- Newton/Robinson
#35 Keon Coleman

Lets fix our WR room so we actually have some young talent to build chemistry with Kyler.

MHJ, Coleman, Wilson, Dortch, and a veteran FA

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Media, media, media—where are you getting your seemingly superior information and analysis, and isn't also available to the 'media'?

I gather my thoughts from the Kypers of this world who make it a life's work to evaluate prospects. Am I to dismiss Kyper and a few others because they appear in the so-called media?
LOL I get my information from the media too.

But the process is like this: the media builds their boards and then start hearing from actual NFL guys. They then adjust their boards, but sometimes not enough because they were so wrong in the beginning. This is why I don't care about the early mocks, those mocks are really off.

This is why you can find multiple mocks that have Fiske in round one now after those same mocks had Fiske in round 4 two months ago. They were wrong, Fiske is a helluva good player and they make an adjustment.

He was one of the most productive interior pass rushers last year, tore up the Sr. Bowl, and was great at the combine. A lot to like there.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It seemed high to me too. But that’s just because we are all consuming the same media opinions. It’s not unheard of for the media to be totally off from nfl front offices.
I look at it like this:

Fiske was one of the best interior pass rushers in the college football last year. He was a beast at the Senior Bowl. He tested very well at the combine (other than short arms).

He's explosive and has a high motor. Barring injury, he should be a good NFL player fairly quickly. At #27, my biggest hope is to find a good contributor, not necessarily a star player, but someone who can be close to being a star.

The worst outcome is to get a total non-contributor, which is why I get people not wanting someone like Chop Robinson who has a low floor/ high ceiling type of potential. I want a guy who has a high floor at that pick.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I look at it like this:

Fiske was one of the best interior pass rushers in the college football last year. He was a beast at the Senior Bowl. He tested very well at the combine (other than short arms).

He's explosive and has a high motor. Barring injury, he should be a good NFL player fairly quickly. At #27, my biggest hope is to find a good contributor, not necessarily a star player, but someone who can be close to being a star.

The worst outcome is to get a total non-contributor, which is why I get people not wanting someone like Chop Robinson who has a low floor/ high ceiling type of potential. I want a guy who has a high floor at that pick.
The mods would like to inform you that you have used up your allotment of posts regarding Fiske. #Stoutrule

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
LOL I get my information from the media too.

But the process is like this: the media builds their boards and then start hearing from actual NFL guys. They then adjust their boards, but sometimes not enough because they were so wrong in the beginning. This is why I don't care about the early mocks, those mocks are really off.

This is why you can find multiple mocks that have Fiske in round one now after those same mocks had Fiske in round 4 two months ago. They were wrong, Fiske is a helluva good player and they make an adjustment.

He was one of the most productive interior pass rushers last year, tore up the Sr. Bowl, and was great at the combine. A lot to like there.

DUH!

Couldn't give a damn about early mocks.

The early mocks were based on the initial available information, while the present mocks benefited from more data and opinion gathering. Someone with a room-temperature IQ can work that out.

Like everyone else, I took note of Fiske at the Combine, and I've come to the opinion that he's a second-round pick.

If he sneaks into the first, good on him!

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn