Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dido | Sand In My Shoes | live at BBC Radio 2 in Concert

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
When I was younger, I was never a huge fan of Elvis. Now looking back, his talent was off the wall, especially after he matured as a singer.

How Elvis kicked it into gear in that take second take was amazing.

JMHO, but many of today's singers do not display that kind of talent. It has to be out there, but I don't know why we don't see more of it.

I can appreciate talent whether I like a song or not. Everyone has different musical tastes and I understand that, but I'm not hearing many great voices anymore.

Btw, I have tried to private message you, but without success. If I'm intentionally blocked, that's okay, but I wanted to make sure you were aware of it.
agree... they are performers using autotuner...not singers.
Nobody out there can perform Bobby McGee like Janis Joplin...and she could snatch her hat and sing it for you with no notice and it would sound just like the record.
There are a lot of insanely talented musicians out there right now... but no singers except maybe Gaga

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
agree... they are performers using autotuner...not singers.
Nobody out there can perform Bobby McGee like Janis Joplin...and she could snatch her hat and sing it for you with no notice and it would sound just like the record.
There are a lot of insanely talented musicians out there right now... but no singers except maybe Gaga
I’ve wondered how much great music we will never get to hear because of music executives and corporations control over the artists.

Rick Beato has some really good YouTube videos about how almost all the local radio stations from the 50’s through the 90’s were consolidated by big corporations. Napster, iTunes, etc have all screwed over the artist. The kids aren’t forming bands in their garage at nearly the same rate as in the 60’s and 70’s.

Now it’s about being a star. Not about creating lasting music or art.