Ingress

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So this morning I was trying to link a local portal here in So. Oregon. It gave me options to link in Mountain View CA where I was about a week ago and picked up a bunch of keys. It said something like "long distance.... linkability uncertain..." for a bunch of portals in Mountain View.

It looked like I linked it up, but when I got back to my computer and checked the map they were not linked. There are way too many other fields blocking them. Very strange, I have no idea why it was presenting those link options.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So funny to see all these new people playing Pokemon Go - also from Niantic and based on many of the same portal locations as Ingress. Hey, anything that gets people out and walking around. :thumbup:

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So funny to see all these new people playing Pokemon Go - also from Niantic and based on many of the same portal locations as Ingress. Hey, anything that gets people out and walking around. :thumbup:

Agreed, its great exercise either way.

I have heard people are leaving Ingress "in droves", to play Pokemon Go, but maybe that's just the younger crowd? My kids had pokemon cards, so I would feel a little weird playing it as an old man. :) One of my sons is really into it though.

Hit Level 8 on Ingress yesterday!

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Congrats !!! Nice to be able to use the level 8 bursters and resonators, eh? :)

Thanks, yes, except I burned right through them.

Have you seen the Ingress Passcode deal on twitter? Someone posts passcodes, you copy and paste them into the Intel Map deal for passcodes, and you get free stuff. Most lower level, but a lot of it is helpful...

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, yes, except I burned right through them.

Have you seen the Ingress Passcode deal on twitter? Someone posts passcodes, you copy and paste them into the Intel Map deal for passcodes, and you get free stuff. Most lower level, but a lot of it is helpful...

Yeah, I searched all over the internet and added all the codes I could find. Was really helpful when I was at a lower level.

Here in Arizona, you can get free codes at Circle K. Well, you have to download their free app and buy a Polar Pop or sometimes some other combo of food/drink for codes. Really good gear though.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Had a fun morning - hitting a ton of portals from Burbank to Hollywood. :cool:

Its fun playing out of town. I have hit most of the Oregon coast this Summer, No. California Coast, Mt. View, CA, I5 all the way to LA, parts of LA, and will hit Flagstaff to Heber-ish over Labor Day weekend. What a crazy Summer! I usually don't travel this much I had to buy a "key locker" to store all my portal keys.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its fun playing out of town. I have hit most of the Oregon coast this Summer, No. California Coast, Mt. View, CA, I5 all the way to LA, parts of LA, and will hit Flagstaff to Heber-ish over Labor Day weekend. What a crazy Summer! I usually don't travel this much I had to buy a "key locker" to store all my portal keys.

So awesome. Vegas is full of portals, too. We recently got back from Oregon/Washington. Hit portals along the way in Nevada, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, California, and, of course, back into Arizona. It is really cool to do missions in other states. We did a 6-part mosaic mission in Hood River, OR, and individual missions in Idaho, Oregon, and California. We probably hit some of the same portals as you.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So awesome. Vegas is full of portals, too. We recently got back from Oregon/Washington. Hit portals along the way in Nevada, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, California, and, of course, back into Arizona. It is really cool to do missions in other states. We did a 6-part mosaic mission in Hood River, OR, and individual missions in Idaho, Oregon, and California. We probably hit some of the same portals as you.

Holy smokes, didn't realize you were moving through here!

Another place crazy with portals is Disneyland. It is ridiculous They are virtually everywhere.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Did some fielding in the middle of the night - all of the blue on both sides of the 60 near Fiesta Mall.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Also took down a huge green field near work this morning. Combination of fielding plus taking down that field = #14 on the regional leaderboard.

:cool:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a great code for some really good gear: qnod8cb2na74uhov

I believe it gives you gear up to the level you are at.

My co-worker just got some level 7 gear.

Personally, I received: 5 portal shields, 5 L8 Ultra Strikes, 10 L8 Xmp Burster, 10 L8 Resonator, 5 L8 Power Cubes.

To enter a passcode:

Go to https://www.ingress.com/intel, sign in with the email address attached to your account, then click on Passcode in the upper right and enter the code.

On an android phone I believe you can hit OPS and then select Passcode and enter the code.

* Also - if you download the Circle K app and make select purchases - you can also earn codes to redeem.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here is a great code for some really good gear: qnod8cb2na74uhov

I believe it gives you gear up to the level you are at.

My co-worker just got some level 7 gear.

Personally, I received: 5 portal shields, 5 L8 Ultra Strikes, 10 L8 Xmp Burster, 10 L8 Resonator, 5 L8 Power Cubes.

To enter a passcode:

Go to https://www.ingress.com/intel, sign in with the email address attached to your account, then click on Passcode in the upper right and enter the code.

On an android phone I believe you can hit OPS and then select Passcode and enter the code.

* Also - if you download the Circle K app and make select purchases - you can also earn codes to redeem.

Rats, just saw this. I have been looking for passcodes online with limited success.

Hey, did you get the word it is double AP for the next 2 weeks?

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Double AP for the next couple weeks. Loving it.

Got my Onyx Recharger medal and am now level 13.

Sent from my cell phone.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Level 14. Joined a couple new Google Hangouts for the Resistance in the East Valley. Still having a blast.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One badge short of L12.

Getting a little burned out as the RES rips your fields down within hours, sometimes less of putting them up. We are way outnumbered around here.

Drove out past Grants Pass with my brother and law and set up two corners of a huge field. But some RES agent followed us out there and took it down before we could get the third corner. SOME of these guys take this a bit too seriously.

Around here, the RES buy tons of gear and have a highly regimented military type structure. The ENL are the opposite.

Had a RES agent flip me off at a portal a few weeks ago. Lots of fun!!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One badge short of L12.

Getting a little burned out as the RES rips your fields down within hours, sometimes less of putting them up. We are way outnumbered around here.

Drove out past Grants Pass with my brother and law and set up two corners of a huge field. But some RES agent followed us out there and took it down before we could get the third corner. SOME of these guys take this a bit too seriously.

Around here, the RES buy tons of gear and have a highly regimented military type structure. The ENL are the opposite.

Had a RES agent flip me off at a portal a few weeks ago. Lots of fun!!

LOL

Completely opposite out here. ENL outnumber the RES and whatever we do is smashed quickly.

Congrats on your progress !!

Just passed 20,000,000 AP myself. Thought about it for a second and realized - that's only halfway to level 16 !! Yikes.

BIM

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Level 15 and going strong.

Starting on Magnus Builder in a few minutes. Going to drive to DTM (Down Town Mesa), park, and walk around deploying on portals to begin earning the Architect medal (deploy on 3,113 unique resonator slots).

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since Friday, played in Downtown Mesa, Cottonwood, Jerome, Prescott, and Wickenburg. Got the Builder medal in Prescott (1331 resonators deployed). Finished about halfway to the Architect badge/medal. Lots of fun and exercise walking all over these towns with Mrs. BIM. She has only been playing 72 days or so and she hit level 10 in Prescott.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Since Friday, played in Downtown Mesa, Cottonwood, Jerome, Prescott, and Wickenburg. Got the Builder medal in Prescott (1331 resonators deployed). Finished about halfway to the Architect badge/medal. Lots of fun and exercise walking all over these towns with Mrs. BIM. She has only been playing 72 days or so and she hit level 10 in Prescott.

Nice work! Sounds like your wife is going to pass you up!

I am still stuck at Level 12, but have 24,487 on my Builder. Lots of fun!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice work! Sounds like your wife is going to pass you up!

I am still stuck at Level 12, but have 24,487 on my Builder. Lots of fun!

Yeah, she is killing it. We both got our Magnus Builder Architect badges out in Florence, AZ last Saturday. It was a lot of fun. We like these focused missions/events like this.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison