Is It Time?

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
With Francisco out for a few weeks, should the team move Rolle to FS? To me it seems obvious that we'll go after a CB, this offseason, either via the Draft or FA. So that means we'll only have two choices for Rolle, cut or safety, and it would seem like a good idea to find out if he can play safety. We all remember Corey Chavous.

Second Deck

Registered
Reaction score
Rolle is a more effective CB than either we have playing now. Green never looks back for the ball Hood has played ok but got tourched last week that cost us a win.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rolle is a more effective CB than either we have playing now. Green never looks back for the ball Hood has played ok but got tourched last week that cost us a win.

Thats just wrong. Green does look for the ball. He just didn't that play against Smith.

Rolle can look back at the ball, but have no idea what to do with it, once it is in the air.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
you must be way far back in the second deck, im upper deck too and i can see rolle mess up in ever facet of the game, including special teams, and i think hood has been GOOD this year, good, not great.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is hard for me to imagine anyone playing the position worse than Rolle does. Hood did get torched at a very bad time in the Carolina game but Steve Smith will do that to you.

Doesn't help our corners much when they have very little help deep. Holt is no better than Griffith in my opinion.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
We just need to face facts that all 3 of our CB's are below average at this point in time.

Green has allowed 5 TD's in 6 games, would rather hit someone then tackle them, and would rather try to strip the ball then tackle.
Hood is just consistently average.
Rolle is a Safety.

Add that to the fact I am still not sure about Clancy's coverage schemes and inconsistent use of the blitz. Not a good combo.

My hope is we find another CB next offseason and Push Green and Hood down to #2 and #3 on the depth charts. That would be their ideal spots IMO.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
We just need to face facts that all 3 of our CB's are below average at this point in time.

Green has allowed 5 TD's in 6 games, would rather hit someone then tackle them, and would rather try to strip the ball then tackle.
Hood is just consistently average.
Rolle is a Safety.

Add that to the fact I am still not sure about Clancy's coverage schemes and inconsistent use of the blitz. Not a good combo.

My hope is we find another CB next offseason and Push Green and Hood down to #2 and #3 on the depth charts. That would be their ideal spots IMO.

Rolle is certianly not a NFL CB - that we know... A Safety? Well, I guess he could start at that position for Notre Dame perhaps...
:D

jmr667

Random Poster
Reaction score
As a whole. All 3 of them as a unit are below average.

Sad but true. Of all the units on the Cards this year I think the defensive backfield is probably in the most trouble. Gotta like the improvement we have seen in Green over the last couple years. But he's still got a lot of room for improvement and we can only hope the light goes on for Rolle someday soon.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be a pleasant surprise to see Rolle have a huge game in Washington.

It would take some of the sting off the "bust" he currently feels like.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Have you ever seen Rolle play? There is a reason he was demoted; Hood and Green are clearly better.

Green did not get torched as much as he had a really stupid brain freeze by stopping in his tracks and looking lost. Prior to that he was right on Steve Smith's hip.

You do have a point that neither of them look back for the ball though...

Rolle should either be moved to safety or cut...

Westgate Danimal

Nest Protector
Reaction score
Have you ever seen Rolle play? There is a reason he was demoted; Hood and Green are clearly better.

Green did not get torched as much as he had a really stupid brain freeze by stopping in his tracks and looking lost. Prior to that he was right on Steve Smith's hip.

You do have a point that neither of them look back for the ball though...

Rolle should either be moved to safety or cut...

I think that safety should be his final shot. Keeping him just for the nickel doesn't make enough sense

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I think that safety should be his final shot. Keeping him just for the nickel doesn't make enough sense

It does when it would cost us 5 Mill in cap space just to cut him or trade him next offseason(2.5 spread out over 2 season if cut after June 1st).

At that cost I will keep him to play nickel or Dime next offseason.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
As a whole. All 3 of them as a unit are below average.

Our pass D has given up 8 Tds

Tied with: Ravens, Bears, Texans, Vikings

Ahead of: Bills, Packers, Dolphins, Patriots, Giants, Chargers, Lions, Saints, Jets, Cowboys, Bengals, Browns

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Our pass D has given up 8 Tds

Tied with: Ravens, Bears, Texans, Vikings

Ahead of: Bills, Packers, Dolphins, Patriots, Giants, Chargers, Lions, Saints, Jets, Cowboys, Bengals, Browns

You know, that looks pretty good.

It is giving up those pesky game-winners that spoils the pleasent feeling of that ranking.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maksince98