Kyzir White story

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I drove up to Vegas to do SB weekend with friends. Thursday night I'm driving up US 93 right after some rain, in that treacherous last 20 miles or so before the short jaunt up I-40 to reconnect with US 93 in Kingman. BOOOM! Hit a pothole and blew out my LF tire. I call AAA and wait for a flatbed into Kingman. Finally driver shows up, says he's been running people back to Kingman from this area all day (the road looks like a war zone up there, has for a long time - don't drive it at night!!).

So.. tow driver's previous tow was Kyzir White. Driver is both a sports fan and bit of a memorabilia collector. Says White was driving an '18 Audi SUV, the smaller one. They hit it off and the driver teased him about his ride, kinda surprised that he wasn't driving something more exotic/newer/whatever. "My ish's paid for, man!" Also more chatter that made him come off like a super humble, grounded dude. He was heading to Vegas too to meet his dad and attend some fight before the SB. He drops him off in Kingman, and White asks for the driver's address, says he's going to send him an autographed jersey. Awesome.

Moral of the story? White sounds just like the kind of guys that the Cards drafted this year - grounded, humble, all business. Long gone are the days of bringing in idiots like Nkemdiche or Chandler Jones (Jones of course was great for several years here, but once he got to the Raiders.. YIKES!!). I much prefer seeing them bring in guys like this who are high character guys. Doesn't equal raw ability, but certainly makes for a great locker room. We saw that already last year even though the level of talent wasn't nearly where it needs to be. Can't wait to see what this year's group can do on the field. And White was off to a good start here before he got hurt, hope he has a monster season in '24.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I am not wealthy but I am never doing the death drive to Vegas again. Flights are between $50 and $150.

Dude is super grounded if he is doing the death drive and has a fully paid ride
After going to ASU and having family here in Vegas, then a solid 7 years of going down to Cards games and back in the same day, I'm with you. I don't want to see that drive again. Stick me in the airport lounge with free drinks prior and land me in Phoenix after a 45 minute flight where I take a nap or play a videogame.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the approach to drafting certain types of players, having extensive interviews with prospective players, etc.

Makes me wonder how many of the team's previous draft picks would NOT have been made by Monti/Gannon.

Would Kyler have even cut the mustard?

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Now that I would be driving from Prescott - and presumably avoiding 93 - is it still a bad drive?

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Now that I would be driving from Prescott - and presumably avoiding 93 - is it still a bad drive?
Ah memories of driving that stretch of road to I17 at 115+. Akin to my driving while in Germany:)

Now that I’m retired I barely hit a speed limit. My how driving habits change over one’s lifetime, sigh…

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Ah memories of driving that stretch of road to I17 at 115+. Akin to my driving while in Germany:)

Now that I’m retired I barely hit a speed limit. My how driving habits change over one’s lifetime, sigh…
Me too moving to Wisconsin made me slow down quite a bit. I live in the farming community now so me wife tells people when driving in the country I tell the tractors to go around. Lol

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You talking about going to Vegas? You're likely taking the 89 to the 40 to the 93, so you're not avoiding the 93. :D

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I drove up to Vegas to do SB weekend with friends. Thursday night I'm driving up US 93 right after some rain, in that treacherous last 20 miles or so before the short jaunt up I-40 to reconnect with US 93 in Kingman. BOOOM! Hit a pothole and blew out my LF tire. I call AAA and wait for a flatbed into Kingman. Finally driver shows up, says he's been running people back to Kingman from this area all day (the road looks like a war zone up there, has for a long time - don't drive it at night!!).

So.. tow driver's previous tow was Kyzir White. Driver is both a sports fan and bit of a memorabilia collector. Says White was driving an '18 Audi SUV, the smaller one. They hit it off and the driver teased him about his ride, kinda surprised that he wasn't driving something more exotic/newer/whatever. "My ish's paid for, man!" Also more chatter that made him come off like a super humble, grounded dude. He was heading to Vegas too to meet his dad and attend some fight before the SB. He drops him off in Kingman, and White asks for the driver's address, says he's going to send him an autographed jersey. Awesome.

Moral of the story? White sounds just like the kind of guys that the Cards drafted this year - grounded, humble, all business. Long gone are the days of bringing in idiots like Nkemdiche or Chandler Jones (Jones of course was great for several years here, but once he got to the Raiders.. YIKES!!). I much prefer seeing them bring in guys like this who are high character guys. Doesn't equal raw ability, but certainly makes for a great locker room. We saw that already last year even though the level of talent wasn't nearly where it needs to be. Can't wait to see what this year's group can do on the field. And White was off to a good start here before he got hurt, hope he has a monster season in '24.
I liked your story until you threw Chandler Jones's name in there. He was nothing but great for us, but felt the need to talk trash anyway. Why is that?

OP
OP
Brak

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I liked your story until you threw Chandler Jones's name in there. He was nothing but great for us, but felt the need to talk trash anyway. Why is that?
Main topic of my post was character, and while he was no problem for the Cards (which I acknowledged), he went absolutely nuclear with the Raiders. That's not "talking trash", that's simply recapping what actually happened. Sorry if that offends you for some reason.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Main topic of my post was character, and while he was no problem for the Cards (which I acknowledged), he went absolutely nuclear with the Raiders. That's not "talking trash", that's simply recapping what actually happened. Sorry if that offends you for some reason.
You called him an idiot. That is trash talk.

Sorry if you can't acknowledge what you post.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We really don’t know what was happening in the locker room prior to Jones’s exit from the Cardinals, do we?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, that's not the first time that word has been used on this forum, not by a long shot. :rolleyes: :eek: :talk::nono::)
I'm not saying that the word isn't allowed. I'm saying that I don't understand why he did it, when Chandler was stand up for us when he was here.