ML Was On FSR Yesterday

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Matt was on Fox Sports Radio yesterday afternoon with Chris Meyers. Pretty good interview. I will recap to the best of my ability:

Edit: FSR is doing their SB coverage form the Bahamas this year.

The interview started with him saying that he was in the Bahamas with his parents, brother, and son. A good break for his parents to get away from So. Cali.

Talked briefly about his extracurricular activities when he was at USC. Chris threw in a comparison of what Tony Romo of the Cowboys went through once he was named the starter. "We were just college kids having fun like most college kids do." Said it wasn't anything more than that. Much ado about nothing in so many words.

They then talked about the draft and what he was feeling going through it. "I knew that I had a chance to go to Tennessee but as the draft drew closer I was assured they really wanted VY. After that I wasn't sure. I knew that Denver was trying to trade up to get me but nobody would trade. Then the Cards picked me. "

Myers went on and said how that turned out to be a great thing for him especially once his son was born. "Yeah it really did turn out to be a blessing in disguise. I really wanted out of So. Cali. and then I went to the Cards and now I love living in Phoenix/Tempe. It worked out perfectly for me and I truly love this team and I don't want to play for any other team in the NFL but the Cards."

They went on to talk about the WR's of the Cards and he chuckled and said that "when I first came on board Q and Fitz basically told me "just throw it to me cause I will be open and everything will be fine."

Said he had talked to Whis and said basically the same things he said previously i.e. "he is going to bring a hard nosed style to us and that we will both run and throw the ball."

That was it in so many words as I recall.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
. After that I wasn't sure. I knew that Denver was trying to trade up to get me but nobody would trade. Then the Cards picked me. "

Now where are all the Bronco fans that told me that wasn't true and that Denver was trying to get Cutler all along?

Probably still on the Bronco board where I had that discussion but I don't
feel like posting it over there again especially since it's kind of pointless since both Leinart and Cutler looked great as rookies.

Funny that Matt said he really wanted out of Southern California, but from what I've read he goes back there quite regularly now that he has a son.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Funny that Matt said he really wanted out of Southern California, but from what I've read he goes back there quite regularly now that he has a son.[/quote]

.......that makes sense...i would be kinda' disappointed in him if he didn't

OP
OP
B

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Now where are all the Bronco fans that told me that wasn't true and that Denver was trying to get Cutler all along?

Probably still on the Bronco board where I had that discussion but I don't
feel like posting it over there again especially since it's kind of pointless since both Leinart and Cutler looked great as rookies.

Funny that Matt said he really wanted out of Southern California, but from what I've read he goes back there quite regularly now that he has a son.

Ha ha. Bronco fans live in denial perhaps? They need several heaping healthful doses of reality like Cards fans get routinely.

My sense was that ML was saying he wanted out of So. Cali. but not too far out i.e. Phoenix/Tempe was a perfect fit for him. Myers I think threw in "everything happens for a reason" comment too.

They also talked briefly about Bush pointing his finger at Urlacher in the playoff game too. ML said he talks to Reggie at least once a week. The gist of it was that he felt like that was a dumb move in that it only fired up Urlacher and the Bears. "I told him that too".

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

.......that makes sense...i would be kinda' disappointed in him if he didn't[/QUOTE]

What I meant was he sounded like he wanted to get out of there but he's still there all the time now because he now has a good reason to be there.

I got the impression Matt got a little tired of all the media hype being there but now that he's a father he has no problem being there because he wants to be with his son.

Just think it's ironic, Matt is from Orange County and wants to live somewhere else, and a kid like OJ Mayo from West Virginia wants to go to USC for one reason, because he wants the spotlight that Bush and Leinart got. Just seems funny how priorities change as we get older.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Matt was on Fox Sports Radio yesterday afternoon with Chris Meyers. Pretty good interview. I will recap to the best of my ability:

Edit: FSR is doing their SB coverage form the Bahamas this year.

The interview started with him saying that he was in the Bahamas with his parents, brother, and son. A good break for his parents to get away from So. Cali.

Talked briefly about his extracurricular activities when he was at USC. Chris threw in a comparison of what Tony Romo of the Cowboys went through once he was named the starter. "We were just college kids having fun like most college kids do." Said it wasn't anything more than that. Much ado about nothing in so many words.

They then talked about the draft and what he was feeling going through it. "I knew that I had a chance to go to Tennessee but as the draft drew closer I was assured they really wanted VY. After that I wasn't sure. I knew that Denver was trying to trade up to get me but nobody would trade. Then the Cards picked me. "

Myers went on and said how that turned out to be a great thing for him especially once his son was born. "Yeah it really did turn out to be a blessing in disguise. I really wanted out of So. Cali. and then I went to the Cards and now I love living in Phoenix/Tempe. It worked out perfectly for me and I truly love this team and I don't want to play for any other team in the NFL but the Cards."

They went on to talk about the WR's of the Cards and he chuckled and said that "when I first came on board Q and Fitz basically told me "just throw it to me cause I will be open and everything will be fine."

Said he had talked to Whis and said basically the same things he said previously i.e. "he is going to bring a hard nosed style to us and that we will both run and throw the ball."

That was it in so many words as I recall.

*sniff sniff*

Reaction score
Matt Leinart said:
It worked out perfectly for me and I truly love this team and I don't want to play for any other team in the NFL but the Cards."
BigRedArk said:
*sniff sniff*
That's a long way from the "armpit of the NFL", huh!

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
that is refreshing to hear the qb say he doesn't want to be anywhere else. even more refreshing to hear it from a cardinal player.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is refreshing to hear the qb say he doesn't want to be anywhere else. even more refreshing to hear it from a cardinal player.
Even more refreshing to hear it from a QB that might start on another NFL team. :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen