Mock Draft 2024 Thread

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yeah it doesn't have to be Mims...but the talent is there at OT... Kingsley should also be on the board in the 27 to 35 range...
Williams is obviously not the answer so we still need an OT. So why not get one when the talent pool is rich
The problem is that the Cardinals already invested a decent amount of draft capital and cap space in OT, so despite what you want to happen...it's not going to happen.

I think we have a better chance of Michael announcing that he's selling the team than the team drafting an OT. Maybe a guard, but OT exclusively is off the table.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to see Wr, edge and dl.
I also want to see them draft a rb and maybe even a second receiver unless there is a plan to sign a free agent.

OP
OP
HookemCards

HookemCards

Have at you!!!!!
Reaction score
The problem is that the Cardinals already invested a decent amount of draft capital and cap space in OT, so despite what you want to happen...it's not going to happen.

I think we have a better chance of Michael announcing that he's selling the team than the team drafting an OT. Maybe a guard, but OT exclusively is off the table.
I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted an OT, probably not early, but a developmental guy or someone they can kick over to guard for a year. It feels like the staff understand the importance of a strong OL.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted an OT, probably not early, but a developmental guy or someone they can kick over to guard for a year. It feels like the staff understand the importance of a strong OL.
Absolutely a developmental guy, but there is a very low to none percent chance the Cardinals draft a guy round one. I could see #35 being used on a G/T guy who would play LG in the near term.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Agree with this. No guarantee Jonah is long-term solution.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Absolutely a developmental guy, but there is a very low to none percent chance the Cardinals draft a guy round one. I could see #35 being used on a G/T guy who would play LG in the near term.
I could see it if a talent like Mims drops

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

@oaken1 I did one more paying attention to the OL... but I really dislike where it puts us at CB still. But I'd be happy with it.
This is why I don't draft OL early in this draft.

The Cardinals are mostly set on the OL for now. They could use a LG but I think you can fill the position with a mid round guy and have competition at the position.

I have my doubts about Beebe the more I look into him. He is more of a power guy who doesn't move well laterally. His short shuttle time was just ok, not very good which means he might not be a great fit in the pull game.

Mims is also real boom and bust with so few starts. I think a CB helps a lot more.

I also think Safety should be addressed. There are 5 or 6 intriguing guys that you can get later. Taking the OL early kind of puts you in a spot where you miss out on the safeties because you're taking CBs and receivers later.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This is why I don't draft OL early in this draft.

The Cardinals are mostly set on the OL for now. They could use a LG but I think you can fill the position with a mid round guy and have competition at the position.

I have my doubts about Beebe the more I look into him. He is more of a power guy who doesn't move well laterally. His short shuttle time was just ok, not very good which means he might not be a great fit in the pull game.

Mims is also real boom and bust with so few starts. I think a CB helps a lot more.

I also think Safety should be addressed. There are 5 or 6 intriguing guys that you can get later. Taking the OL early kind of puts you in a spot where you miss out on the safeties because you're taking CBs and receivers later.
There's safeties I definitely like in the late 3rd/4th. I think it's the nature of the simulator that I'm using where I end up going Tez Walker, who I think is a tremendous value at the end of the 3rd/early 4th. But I agree with you, a late day 2 or early day 3 investment at Safety isn't a bad idea at all.

My hope would be with the devaluation of the S role, that maybe even we could get a Kinchens at the top of the 4th.

As for OL, I'm very open to adding more talent, but I do worry that Mims, like I've said, is a risky prospect. Beebe doesn't seem like a good pulling guard, but I do feel like we'd function okay with a mauler in a more power scheme.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
There's safeties I definitely like in the late 3rd/4th. I think it's the nature of the simulator that I'm using where I end up going Tez Walker, who I think is a tremendous value at the end of the 3rd/early 4th. But I agree with you, a late day 2 or early day 3 investment at Safety isn't a bad idea at all.

My hope would be with the devaluation of the S role, that maybe even we could get a Kinchens at the top of the 4th.

As for OL, I'm very open to adding more talent, but I do worry that Mims, like I've said, is a risky prospect. Beebe doesn't seem like a good pulling guard, but I do feel like we'd function okay with a mauler in a more power scheme.
I've posted it a few times now, but guards who run a 4.46 or lower in the short shuttle have a really high level of success. The numbers over the past decade are really compelling. Gaines last year was one of those guys.

I think the OL should be fine with Jonah Williams and PJJ shifting to LT. Once Murray came back, the offense was actually playing pretty well considering the dearth of talent at WR.

With this in mind, I'm more interested in day three IOL and a swing backup tackle to replace Beachum soon. Williams signed a two year deal so the Cardinals can wait a bit on OT.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I've posted it a few times now, but guards who run a 4.46 or lower in the short shuttle have a really high level of success. The numbers over the past decade are really compelling. Gaines last year was one of those guys.

I think the OL should be fine with Jonah Williams and PJJ shifting to LT. Once Murray came back, the offense was actually playing pretty well considering the dearth of talent at WR.

With this in mind, I'm more interested in day three IOL and a swing backup tackle to replace Beachum soon. Williams signed a two year deal so the Cardinals can wait a bit on OT.
but we already know williams aint the answer. so why not grab an OT when the draft is loaded with talent at the position rather than wait...and what? Hope we end up bad enough to get a good OT later?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
but we already know williams aint the answer.
I don't think this is true. Not every player needs to be an all pro or a Pro Bowler. Plenty of team have players worse than Williams starting on the OL.
so why not grab an OT when the draft is loaded with talent at the position rather than wait...and what?
Almost every draft has plenty of OTs to draft.
Hope we end up bad enough to get a good OT later?
OT doesn't require a top pick like QB.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I don't think this is true. Not every player needs to be an all pro or a Pro Bowler. Plenty of team have players worse than Williams starting on the OL.

Almost every draft has plenty of OTs to draft.

OT doesn't require a top pick like QB.
If Williams was the answer Monti would have signed him for more than two years

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, the Chiefs have an amazing defensive player up front in Chris Jones, and the 49ers have a line that's anchored by the player I think we should have taken over Kyler (Nick Bosa). We happened to pass on the defensive rookie of the year last year, too.

Right now we're talking about taking a backup OT over highly rated CBs, or Latu, Murphy, Newton... I know it's not your argument. But I can't buy into the idea that we should count on getting lucky in finding our own L'Jarius Sneed in the 4th round. Do we remember Marco Wilson, who we traded up for into the 4th, and then cut in his rookie deal?
I’m trading up for one of Latu/Murphy/Verse/Newton before staying put at 27 & drafting a CB.

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If it wasn’t for the neck injury history, Latu would be the first defensive player taken. His tape is superior to every other front seven player including Dallas Turner. If the Cards could get Harrison, Latu, and Newton, watch out rest of NFC!!

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I was all for trading out of 4 and trading up for Odunze, but now I'm in stick with MHJr and trade up from 27 for a Defensive player.

Coleman at 66 was to good to be true.

You must be registered for see images attach
This is how I feel now. Love the idea of more draft picks but I’m in on MHJ now trade up from 27 or 35