NEBRASKA,,,the movie

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
NEBRASKA,,, staring Bruce Dern, June Squibb, and Will Forte from SNL

Dern and Squibb > nominated for awards, and both should win!

This movie has been out since Nov 15, so I thought the theater would be empty to watch this one. To my surprise, the theater was 'packed full' even six weeks after opening date.

If you are a young, couch potato playing video games,,,this movie isn't for you. If 40 or older and from smaller towns, this is one you should catch, as you will be able to relate and enjoy. Great acting, humor, real life midwestern rural people, and foul language > I'll give this one 4 1/2 stars out of 5 :clapping:

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Dern, Sqiubb, and Forte were excellent, and there were some realy funny moments like the graveyard scene. But damn the storyline is slooow and just not that interesting. Still, quite an enjoyable movie.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dern, Sqiubb, and Forte were excellent, and there were some realy funny moments like the graveyard scene. But damn the storyline is slooow and just not that interesting. Still, quite an enjoyable movie.

Ditto!

Dern was amazing, indeed.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loved this movie. The relatives were awesome.

I don't think it was slow. Not supposed to be action packed. It is called Nebraska after all.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
"It wasn't rape. It was sexual assault. There is a difference. Cole can explain it better."

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Loved this movie. The relatives were awesome.

I don't think it was slow. Not supposed to be action packed. It is called Nebraska after all.

Yeah, the acting was outstanding across the board. Although at first it was hard take Forte seriously.

I loved the subtle humor. Like when they stole the air compressor from the wrong house.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just saw this again last night, awesome movie.

Love the two brothers that keep asking about cars and driving times.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Just watched this one. Enjoyed it.

Could of really funny moments, but a really well acted and put together film that just hits a lot of different notes.

The rape/sexual assault line was funny. I loved the bit with the teeth in the tracks. I didn't find a lot of humor in the graveyard, except for that last bit - that scene hit me more with the small town gossip and busy body elements where people are branded for life and death based on just passing moments and the petty rivalries

Knew it had been it for a while, fell off my radar until scrolling - I think I remember reading this thread a decade ago.........