OT: 2024 NFL Draft Rumors

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It seems very likely that Arizona will select a WR with their first pick, assuming no trades. But at #27, most mocks show a number of different selections, so I'm assuming how these players are ranked on their Board will decide. I'm listing guys that Mocks have us taking with our second first round pick.
*Kool Aid
*C. Robinson
*D. Robinson
*Newton
*Barton
*Someone else
My question, who do you think (above list) is the highest rated by the team? Thanks.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It seems very likely that Arizona will select a WR with their first pick, assuming no trades. But at #27, most mocks show a number of different selections, so I'm assuming how these players are ranked on their Board will decide. I'm listing guys that Mocks have us taking with our second first round pick.
*Kool Aid
*C. Robinson
*D. Robinson
*Newton
*Barton
*Someone else
My question, who do you think (above list) is the highest rated by the team? Thanks.
This is a very tough question.

The Cardinals have an obvious need on the front seven. Lots of average type guys, but no real stars.

They also need another CB. I think there is going to be a 2nd round run on CBs with guys like TJ Tampa and Milton going there.

Barton is a lower need because the Cardinals did resign Wilkinson and drafted Gaines last year.

So I expect the Cardinals will go either front seven then CB, or CB then front seven. It likely depends on who falls. If Kool Aid is there, I would expect the Cardinals might take him.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Krang, thanks. I'm thinking second round for a CB, as I'm guessing there will be a few available. Remember, Monti addressed the OL in his first Draft so he must value the OL. And now we are a LG away from having a solid OL. If Gaines or Wilkinson can step up, then we won't go OL at #27, imo, but it's a big if. And that leaves us with pass rush, and probably the three guys listed. All three should be available, so their Board will decide. I'd be just guessing.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
*Kool Aid
*C. Robinson
*D. Robinson
*Newton
*Barton
*Someone else

Compilation of multiple draft experts.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
*Kool Aid
*C. Robinson
*D. Robinson
*Newton
*Barton
*Someone else
Garth, my choice would be Kool-Aid McKinstry, but the more I think about it, the more I think Chop Robinson could certainly be in play. I think that they drafted Ojulari last season to take the Haason Reddick-role that Gannon created in Philly, but I could see them being too enamored with Robinson extreme athleticism, so that they simply decided to go with those two as edge rushers - even if that means a bit different role for Ojulari.

Another option is that they trade up. I could see them target edge rusher Laiatu Latu, if he starts to slide. It would be because of health issues, and Ossenfort was a high ranked part of the Titans front office that drafted Caleb Farley, even though he had a lot of injury questions.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Krang, thanks. I'm thinking second round for a CB, as I'm guessing there will be a few available. Remember, Monti addressed the OL in his first Draft so he must value the OL. And now we are a LG away from having a solid OL. If Gaines or Wilkinson can step up, then we won't go OL at #27, imo, but it's a big if. And that leaves us with pass rush, and probably the three guys listed. All three should be available, so their Board will decide. I'd be just guessing.
The Cardinals had a solid OL last year. Wilkinson was good down the stretch after struggling earlier in the year and his replacements struggling while he was out.

Draft capital is limited and positions like guard are routinely filled capably with later round players.

I keep seeing fans mock Cooper Beebe to the Cardinals and I just don't see the fit. Petzing's offense requires OL who can move and Beebe isn't a good OL on the move.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I would love for the Cards to somehow come out of round 1 with Harrison and Mitchell, the DB from Toledo. If he's there mid/late teens, use that 27 and a later pick to move up and get him.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would love for the Cards to somehow come out of round 1 with Harrison and Mitchell, the DB from Toledo. If he's there mid/late teens, use that 27 and a later pick to move up and get him.
With the draft capital we have, use it to go grab the players we want. Do not just sit and hope your guy falls to you!

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2. CB QUINYON MITCHELL, TOLEDO
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 10

Mitchell has some of the best advanced coverage metrics PFF has ever recorded for a two-year sample size. He has all the ability in the world to be a CB1 at the next level.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
2. CB QUINYON MITCHELL, TOLEDO
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 10

Mitchell has some of the best advanced coverage metrics PFF has ever recorded for a two-year sample size. He has all the ability in the world to be a CB1 at the next level.

I'd consider a trade up for Mitchell if the Cardinals were closer.

Currently the pass rush isn't good enough.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Garth, my choice would be Kool-Aid McKinstry, but the more I think about it, the more I think Chop Robinson could certainly be in play. I think that they drafted Ojulari last season to take the Haason Reddick-role that Gannon created in Philly, but I could see them being too enamored with Robinson extreme athleticism, so that they simply decided to go with those two as edge rushers - even if that means a bit different role for Ojulari.

Another option is that they trade up. I could see them target edge rusher Laiatu Latu, if he starts to slide. It would be because of health issues, and Ossenfort was a high ranked part of the Titans front office that drafted Caleb Farley, even though he had a lot of injury questions.

To their regret.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Could be legit. Espn reported earlier this week that the Vikings are trying to get a trade in place before the draft.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It really is shocking to me that some fans want them to stay and take Harrison regardless if they get an offer from the Giants, and can take Odunze at #6. I mean, I obviously respect the opinion, but have you seen him play? He is a monster. Getting Odunze and extra draft capital is a complete no-brainer to me.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn