Random Post-Draft roster observations

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
That looks pretty spot on. I could see them taking Demarcado over Carter due to youth and pass blocking and everything he's put into it.
Agree. Also, the fact that Carter demanded to be traded from NY last year because he wasn't getting snaps matters IMO.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
After putting the projected roster together, I can say Monti has put together a nice RB room, the OL room is still ok, the top 4 of the defensive line is much better (not tough tho), and has a nice ILB group for the cost.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Carter and Gaines were the two biggest omissions to me before seeing your note at the bottom.

Could see Dortch/Pascal/Moore fighting for two spots with Palmer/Weaver fight for the other if either one flashes during camp or adds more ST/return man value with the new kicking rules.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Prelim 53

1 - QB - Kyler Murray
2 - QB - Desmond Ridder
3 - QB - Clayton Tune

4 - RB - John Conner
5 - RB - Trey Benson
6 - RB - Deejay Dallas
7 - RB - Emari Demercado

8 - TE - Trey McBride
9 - TE - Elijah Higgins
10 - TE - Travis Vokolek
11 - TE - Tip Reiman

12 - WR - Marvin Harrison Jr
13 - WR - Michael Wilson
14 - WR - Greg Dortch
15 - WR - Zach Pascal
16 - WR - Chris Moore

17 - OL - Paris Johnson
18 - OL - Jonah Williams
19 - OL - Kelvin Beachum
20 - OL - Hajalte Froholdt
21 - OL - Will Hernandez
22 - OL - Evan Brown
23 - OL - Isaiah Adams
24 - OL - Elijah Wilkinson
25 - OL - Christian Jones

26 - DL - Justin Jones
27 - DL - Bilal Nichols
28 - DL - Darius Robinson
29 - DL - Dante Stills
30 - DL - LJ Collier
31 - DL - Khyiris Tonga
32 - DL - Roy Lopez

33 - EDGE - Zaven Collins
34 - EDGE - BJ Ojulari
35 - EDGE - Dennis Gardeck
36 - EDGE - Victor Dimukeje
37 - EDGE - Xavier Thomas

38 - ILB - Kyzir White
39 - ILB - Mack Wilson
40 - ILB - Krys Barnes
41 - ILB - Owen Pappoe

42 - CB - Sean Murphy Bunting
43 - CB - Garrett Williams
44 - CB - Max Melton
45 - CB - Elijah Jones
46 - CB - ?

47 - S - Budda Baker
48 - S - Jalen Thompson
49 - S - Dadrion Taylor Demerson
50 - S - Andre Chachere

51 - LS - Aaron Brewer?
52 - K - Matt Prater
53 - P - Blake Gillikin

Noteworthy Omissions
RB - Michael Carter
OL - Jon Gaines
OL - Dennis Daley
DL - Naquan Jones
EDGE - Cam Thomas
EDGE - Jesse Luketa

Let me know where you all disagree.

QB - I don't think they keep 3 QB's on the 53 when you can have a 3rd emergency QB off the PS. Nobody is claiming Tune. Gain a space there.

RB - Michael Carter had 6.8 YPA for us last year and is actually younger than Demercado. And he did that coming in late to the playbook. Demercado only had 9 carries once Carter landed. I think they only keep 4. Emari goes to the PS. He's safe there, there are dozens of Demercados in the league.

TE - Vokolek somehow played 40 snaps for us last year. As a blocking TE he's been replaced. We can upgrade here and hopefully bring Swain back when healthy.

WR - I think they keep 6 using the the dropped QB. TJ Palmer makes it. Chris Moore and Zach Pascal have very low guarantees. Both can be cut for less than $1m in dead money and they get over $3m back. There will be a true competition in camp for these places. UDFA Xavier Weaver was given a $225k signing bonus, that's a guy they think can make the roster. I think Moore has more chance than Pascal.

OL - I think they keep 10 OL. They kept 10 last year so don't see that changing. I'm adding Jon Gaines to the 9 you have. And I think they may keep Colon over Wilkinson.

DL - I think they keep 6 and Roy Lopez goes to the PS. No need to keep someone like Lopez on the 53. He's the kind of guy you can safely stash on the PS and will only see the field if someone is injured.

Edge - Same
ILB - Same
Safety - Same

CB - Add Kei'Trel Clarke

ST's - I think the NC State Long snapper we brought in sees the end of Brewer. He won the award for best college long snapper last year. Never had a bum snap in 600+.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
it sure would be nice if:

Paris took the next step
Jonah shows that jump in grading when on the Right isnt a fluke

and somebody grabs the LG spot with both hands: Gaines, Adams, Colon, Wilkinson.... somebody
I give Monti a bit of a pass on this one. He definitely had to pivot with the DJ injury, and Jonah was a good pivot. My only concern is with the lack of proven young talent and Fro/Will being FAs this upcoming year. Once the Cardinals start training camp, things should be a little clearer.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
QB - I don't think they keep 3 QB's on the 53 when you can have a 3rd emergency QB off the PS. Nobody is claiming Tune. Gain a space there.

RB - Michael Carter had 6.8 YPA for us last year and is actually younger than Demercado. And he did that coming in late to the playbook. Demercado only had 9 carries once Carter landed. I think they only keep 4. Emari goes to the PS. He's safe there, there are dozens of Demercados in the league.

TE - Vokolek somehow played 40 snaps for us last year. As a blocking TE he's been replaced. We can upgrade here and hopefully bring Swain back when healthy.

WR - I think they keep 6 using the the dropped QB. TJ Palmer makes it. DJ Moore and Zach Pascal have very low guarantees. Both can be cut for less than $1m in dead money and they get over $3m back. There will be a true competition in camp for these places. UDFA Xavier Weaver was given a $225k signing bonus, that's a guy they think can make the roster. I think Moore has more chance than Pascal.

OL - I think they keep 10 OL. They kept 10 last year so don't see that changing. I'm adding Jon Gaines to the 9 you have. And I think they may keep Colon over Wilkinson.

DL - I think they keep 6 and Roy Lopez goes to the PS. No need to keep someone like Lopez on the 53. He's the kind of guy you can safely stash on the PS and will only see the field if someone is injured.

Edge - Same
ILB - Same
Safety - Same

CB - Add Kei'Trel Clarke

ST's - I think the NC State Long snapper we brought in sees the end of Brewer. He won the award for best college long snapper last year. Never had a bum snap in 600+.
I like the thoughts here.

Vokolek is interesting. Kinda depends how much they want to depend on McBride to block if Tip struggles to adapt or gets dinged up. Don't believe Higgins is an option for that role which is why Vok got snaps last year.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

WR - I think they keep 6 using the the dropped QB. TJ Palmer makes it. DJ Moore and Zach Pascal have very low guarantees. Both can be cut for less than $1m in dead money and they get over $3m back. There will be a true competition in camp for these places. UDFA Xavier Weaver was given a $225k signing bonus, that's a guy they think can make the roster. I think Moore has more chance than Pascal.

Edge - Same
ILB - Same
Safety - Same

CB - Add Kei'Trel Clarke

Completely agree with all of that!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like the thoughts here.

Vokolek is interesting. Kinda depends how much they want to depend on McBride to block if Tip struggles to adapt or gets dinged up. Don't believe Higgins is an option for that role which is why Vok got snaps last year.

I like Swain as a do it all tight end. He'd be an upgrade for me if we can bring him back. And if so Vok is an easy PS stash. I agree Higgins is a pure receiving TE.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score

Edge - Same
ILB - Same
Safety - Same

CB - Add Kei'Trel Clarke

Agree with all this

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort