SK & BA Own this draft

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I read a post in one of the draft threads that said SK doesn't use BAP but drafts for need. I have to disagree with that but understand why one would come to that conclusion.

First off if BASK just drafted for need a CB would have been taken much earlier in this draft.

I do believe SK when he says he had Reddick rated that high. Of course when they set their 120 board they factor need and scheme fit into the equation. They also talk about heart, love for the game, smarts and new this year versatility.

Isn't it BPA when Reddick is there when it's the Cards turn to draft and they take him. Some will argue Hooker and Allen were rated higher but both had medical issues.

BASK trading up for Budda Baker is proof of BPA because they went up to get the best rated player on their board. They had a first round grade on him and made it happen. Yes the Cards need DB's but trading up and back in a draft is exactly how you turn a need into BPA.

I may not have loved every selection but I loved how SK made the draft work to his advantage.

If the picks are busts then BASK own the results because they made every selection happen, much more than when a team sits on their hands and simply takes whatever the other teams allow them to choose from.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Well said :thumbup:

It sucks because I really think they wanted Mahomes or Watson but the draft works that way!

IMO none of these first 3 guys will bust & will hopefully be big reasons the Arizona Cardinals win a Super Bowl :rockon:

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I agree but I think BASK did a great job of moving around to ensure they were getting outstanding value for each pick.

Reddick is debatable, but he has elite measurables AND intangibles. He brings a new element (inside pass rush/ILB versatility) that the team lacked.

Budda Baker was easily worth a mid to late first round pick. Baker was BPA.

Karl Joseph went in the mid first round last year, and I like Baker more than him.

Chad Williams was a bit of a reach but he is the classic example of "if you love a player, get him before anyone else". Clerly thw Cardinals view him as a future outside receiver and an outside receiver is easily worth it.

Dorian Johnson was BPA.

Logan was BPA

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
All pick have need factored into it. This was my favorite draft period. I think we added good quality players with speed and also filled needs. The OT is the only pick I question. Way excited to see this years new team hit the field.