Something Of Note To All Non-Az Resident Card Fans

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/0902nfltv-CR-CP.html

I was reading this on the AzCentral Site about the NFL Network. It mentions that in the future the Network may offer pay-per- view NFL games. Got me to thinking how sweet that could be for all of us Card fans that aren't in Arizona or in the Phoenix-Tempe region as delegated by the networks. This is an interesting idea to say the least. Would it mean no more commitment to DirectTV Sunday Ticket just to see our beloved team play? I know in the past if I happen to be out of town on a Sunday during football season I will miss a Card game that I have payed dearly for via my pocketbook to DirectTV. With PPV it wouldn't hurt because I didn't have to make a pre-season commitment and then get burned because something unexpected comes up and I have to be gone from home on a Sunday afternoon.

Codeofhammurabi

Cards Fan Since 1971
Reaction score
BigRedArk said:
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/0902nfltv-CR-CP.html

I was reading this on the AzCentral Site about the NFL Network. It mentions that in the future the Network may offer pay-per- view NFL games. Got me to thinking how sweet that could be for all of us Card fans that aren't in Arizona or in the Phoenix-Tempe region as delegated by the networks. This is an interesting idea to say the least. Would it mean no more commitment to DirectTV Sunday Ticket just to see our beloved team play? I know in the past if I happen to be out of town on a Sunday during football season I will miss a Card game that I have payed dearly for via my pocketbook to DirectTV. With PPV it wouldn't hurt because I didn't have to make a pre-season commitment and then get burned because something unexpected comes up and I have to be gone from home on a Sunday afternoon.

I live in Missouri, and look at the investment made to Sunday ticket a minimal one. For less than $250 I am able to watch all of the Cardinals games, and watch a lot of other big games that are not on in my area. The other way I look at it is, if I were to travel to St. Louis to watch the Cardinals once a season, it would cost me much more than Sunday ticket. I would then be out of luck for the other 15 weeks of Cardinal football. I am sure that the NFL will get plenty of money out of you to watch Cardinal games from their network.

gusmahler

Registered
Reaction score
It depends on the cost of the PPV. I resisted getting NFL Ticket the last two seasons. But I had to get it this year. The season hasn't started yet, but I can't imagine thinking to myself, "that wasn't worth $20 per week".

OP
OP
B

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Codeofhammurabi said:
I live in Missouri, and look at the investment made to Sunday ticket a minimal one. For less than $250 I am able to watch all of the Cardinals games, and watch a lot of other big games that are not on in my area. The other way I look at it is, if I were to travel to St. Louis to watch the Cardinals once a season, it would cost me much more than Sunday ticket. I would then be out of luck for the other 15 weeks of Cardinal football. I am sure that the NFL will get plenty of money out of you to watch Cardinal games from their network.

Oh yeah it will cost either way for sure. A definite advantage for getting Sunday Ticket is that you get all the games not shown in each fans market so Sunday Ticket will pay for itself in that regard even if one is out-of-pocket so to speak on a particular Sunday. I can definitely see it that way as well. Just something to think about for the future perhaps.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing that buying 16 games on PPV won't be much cheaper than just getting Sunday Ticket.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
BigRedArk said:
Oh yeah it will cost either way for sure. A definite advantage for getting Sunday Ticket is that you get all the games not shown in each fans market so Sunday Ticket will pay for itself in that regard even if one is out-of-pocket so to speak on a particular Sunday. I can definitely see it that way as well. Just something to think about for the future perhaps.

You're right on this. I have a great time on Sundays switching back and forth to catch the last few minutes of games from around the league. Unless every game that day is a dog you are not stuck watching a snoozer.

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
I see this as competition for Directv and it may open the way for lower prices in the future. If I was Directv, I wouldn't offer the same money as I would for exclusive rights to NFL games. Even the NFL channel should have an effect because it shows the games later in the week or Super Fan showing all the highlights of any given game. It just gives the fans more options to see their favorite team than just having Directv as the only source. JMHO.

OP
OP
B

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cardiholic said:
Sunday ticket would be worth it at twice the price.

I guess it might, as gusmahler points out above, depend on what it costs per game? Also as mentioned above it might at least be competition for Sunday Ticket and at least maybe bring their price down.