Star Wars: The Acolyte (Disney+)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
‘Star Wars’ Series From ‘Russian Doll’ Co-Creator Leslye Headland in the Works at Disney Plus

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/star-wars-series-leslye-headland-disney-plus-1234587493/

A new “Star Wars” series is in the works at Disney Plus, Variety has learned from sources. The series hails from Leslye Headland, the co-creator, showrunner, and executive producer of the critically-acclaimed Netflix series “Russian Doll.”

Details of the exact plot of the series are being kept under wraps, but sources say it will be a female-centric series that takes place in a different part of the “Star Wars” timeline than other projects. Headland is said to be attached to write and serve as showrunner on the series, with the show currently staffing.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I sincerely hope they actually have plot details, because that's a TERRIBLE way to write a story. "Hey, it'll be female-centric. But what's the plot? Who cares, we'll figure it out!"

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sincerely hope they actually have plot details, because that's a TERRIBLE way to write a story. "Hey, it'll be female-centric. But what's the plot? Who cares, we'll figure it out!"

Do we know if it was her pitch or not?

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Russian Doll creator Leslye Headland's Star Wars project has been revealed. She is behind The Acolyte Disney+ series, which is set in the final days of the High Republic era.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is going to be interesting. Because if it's set during the final days of the High Republic era? That means a ton of Jedi, it means the height of the Jedi and their power that starts to implode. Jedi were the dominate force in the galaxy. They didn't report to a any centralized jurisdiction (Senate) outside of the order. Sounds like this will cover in what is the essence the first fall of the Jedi so to speak. We know in the future the Jedi have dwindled in numbers and can no longer police the entire galaxy.

I don't know if this is canon but it from what I have read it sounds like the Jedis power dwindled so much that jurisdiction was forced upon them after the High Republic. So, sounds like it was part political and possibly actions by the Sith.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

New Star Wars Series Canceled, Creators Fired

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score

New Star Wars Series Canceled, Creators Fired​

I'd take this one with a grain of salt. It's a rumor that came from Doomcock and that guy has a very poor record when it come to rumors and his "leaked" info. I won't buy this one until there's a more reputable source or official word.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

New Star Wars Series Canceled, Creators Fired​

This entire site has a bad track record. They are for the most part clickbait.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd take this one with a grain of salt. It's a rumor that came from Doomcock and that guy has a very poor record when it come to rumors and his "leaked" info. I won't buy this one until there's a more reputable source or official word.

How far society has fallen when you can't even fully trust "Doomcock" anymore. There was a time when you just knew Doomcock was a straight shooter.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doomcock is the biggest joke around. That guy has zero credibility. He's a joke.

That big, huh? :D

I had never heard of the guy until this thread and the name just cracks me up.

"If we can't trust Doomcock, who can we trust?"

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
That big, huh? :D

I had never heard of the guy until this thread and the name just cracks me up.

"If we can't trust Doomcock, who can we trust?"
He used to pop up in my YT feed all of the time. He's been spouting "inside info" on Kathleen Kennedy being fired since TLJ came out. Then he had more "inside info" on reshoot and what was happening on The Rise of Palpatine before it came out that ended up just being rumors that were fed to him on 4chan and Reddit. He used to show up on some other YT channels and live streams until he had a complete meltdown over someone saying that you'd have to be ******** to believe any DC rumor.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has potential.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(edit)