The 2024-25 NFL league year

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is this real? It "looks" weird and very clumsy. If it helps, good, but, I don't see too many wanting to use it.

It reminds me of the MLB pitcher from a few years ago (Padres, I think) that wore a different, padded type of hat to protect his head while pitching. He was the only one that I ever saw wearing it, although there may have been/are others? Looked weird, but not nearly as weird as the football one.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Is this real? It "looks" weird and very clumsy. If it helps, good, but, I don't see too many wanting to use it.

It reminds me of the MLB pitcher from a few years ago (Padres, I think) that wore a different, padded type of hat to protect his head while pitching. He was the only one that I ever saw wearing it, although there may have been/are others? Looked weird, but not nearly as weird as the football one.
Yes they are real. They started using them in camp recently... mandatory for some players and optional for the rest.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Is that only official now? I thought they mentioned this trade during the draft.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Here’s the full list of 2021 first-round picks with their fifth-year option salaries. Players whose options were picked up are in bold:

1. Quarterback Trevor Lawrence, Jaguars — $25.664 million
2. Quarterback Zach Wilson, Broncos (via trade from Jets) — $22.408 million
3. Quarterback Trey Lance, Cowboys (via trade from 49ers) — $22.408 million
4. Tight end Kyle Pitts, Falcons — $10.878 million
5. Wide receiver Ja’Marr Chase, Bengals — $21.816 million
6. Wide receiver Jaylen Waddle, Dolphins — $15.591 million
7. Offensive lineman Penei Sewell, Lions — $19.04 million (Also agreed to a long-term contract)
8. Cornerback Jaycee Horn, Panthers — $12.472 million
9. Cornerback Pat Surtain II, Broncos — $19.802 million
10. Wide receiver DeVonta Smith, Eagles — $15.591 million (Also agreed to a long-term contract)

11. Quarterback Justin Fields, Bears — $25.664 million
12. Linebacker Micah Parsons, Cowboys — $24.007 million
13. Offensive lineman Rashawn Slater, Chargers — $19.04 million
14. Offensive lineman Alijah Vera-Tucker, Jets — $15.313 million

15. Quarterback Mac Jones, Patriots — $25.664 million
16. Linebacker Zaven Collins, Cardinals — $13.251 million
17. Offensive lineman Alex Leatherwood, Raiders — No option after being released
18. Linebacker Jaelan Phillips, Dolphins — $13.251 million
19. Linebacker Jamin Davis, Commanders — $14.483 million
20. Wide receiver Kadarius Toney, Chiefs (via trade from Giants) — $14.345 million
21. Defensive end Kwity Paye, Colts — $13.387 million
22. Cornerback Caleb Farley, Titans — $12.472 million
23. Offensive lineman Christian Darrisaw, Vikings — $16.037 million
24. Running back Najee Harris, Steelers — $6.79 million
25. Running back Travis Etienne, Jaguars — $6.143 million
26. Cornerback Greg Newsome II, Browns — $13.377 million

27. Wide receiver Rashod Bateman, Ravens — Not fifth-year option eligible, agreed to contract extension
28. Defensive end Payton Turner, Saints — $13.387 million
29. Cornerback Eric Stokes, Packers — $12.472 million
30. Defensive end Gregory Rousseau, Bills — $13.387 million
31. Linebacker Odafe Oweh, Ravens — $13.251 million

32. Linebacker Joe Tryon-Shoyinka, Buccaneers — $13.251 million

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

In January, Andrew Marchand (then of the New York Post) reported that the NFL and ESPN were in “advanced talks” that could result in the NFL taking an equity stake in ESPN, and that would give ESPN control of NFL Media.

Nearly four months later, there’s a growing belief in industry circles that a deal is coming, as soon as next week.

As one industry insider put it, the agreement is “all but signed.”

That would help explain the NFL’s recent slash-and-burn approach to NFL Network. If ESPN is going to be taking over, why should the NFL renew contracts?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

In January, Andrew Marchand (then of the New York Post) reported that the NFL and ESPN were in “advanced talks” that could result in the NFL taking an equity stake in ESPN, and that would give ESPN control of NFL Media.

Nearly four months later, there’s a growing belief in industry circles that a deal is coming, as soon as next week.

As one industry insider put it, the agreement is “all but signed.”

That would help explain the NFL’s recent slash-and-burn approach to NFL Network. If ESPN is going to be taking over, why should the NFL renew contracts?
This just plain stinks.

BTW, is Good Morning Football dead? Feels like it's been off air forever.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching the UFL and the DC kicker played a game for AZ in 2018 and was 3 for 3 on extra points. He's 11 for 12 this year with two 58 yards fgs. I'd bring him in to compete with Prater. His only miss was from 56.

Lorenzo

Reaction score

kind of superficial if you ask me. these guys put their brains on the line every play. I would kind of compare it to the NHL visor. it makes too much sense to protect their heads at all costs. for the old hats, maybe just need to figure out how to put a logo on the padded version to make it look more appealing for the fans that aren't the ones crashing their brains.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison