The 2024 NBA playoffs thread

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Luka is ridiculous 9-26 shots for 28 points and 1-10 from 3 this dude just shoots crazy amounts of shots! People oh he so good yeah if you shoot 25% or more of your teams shots your gonna average high points geesh. Imagine if KD or Book shot that kind of volume people would hammer them for being a ball hog! The other night he was like 2-14 from three or some poo but people ignore it, he just keeps chucking. And gets a lot of BS FTs… fudge Luka!

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Luka is ridiculous 9-26 shots for 28 points and 1-10 from 3 this dude just shoots crazy amounts of shots! People oh he so good yeah if you shoot 25% or more of your teams shots your gonna average high points geesh. Imagine if KD or Book shot that kind of volume people would hammer them for being a ball hog! The other night he was like 2-14 from three or some poo but people ignore it, he just keeps chucking. And gets a lot of BS FTs… fudge Luka!
fld

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

If Book was averaging 9 rebounds and 8 assists in a playoff series we wouldn’t care about him shooting 40% from the field.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
If Book was averaging 9 rebounds and 8 assists in a playoff series we wouldn’t care about him shooting 40% from the field.
Luka played better defense in this series. Not sure that it will be talked about though since he shot it poorly in this series. Against the clippers, he’s played better in the past on offense yet they lost those series.

i think in game 5 playoff P and harden combined for 22 points in their loss. Not sure of their shooting percentages, but also not sure it matters either. In game 4, Luka had 29 points and took the blame for the loss for playing poorly.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Dude, YOU’RE ridiculous. Luka shoots over 38% from 3 on high volume and over 58% from 2 for the season. I’m convinced you don’t understand how statistics work.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Luka is a leader though. Can't take that away from him. Individual game stats do not always reflect the story.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Luka is a leader though. Can't take that away from him. Individual game stats do not always reflect the story.
good point. he had 29/10/10, I think, in game 4. looks good statistically, but by his standards he was poor especially in the 4th quarter in a close game that they lost. he also had a bad defensive showing in that game. he took accountability for his poor performance and played much better in game 5. In my time of watching him play, if he plays harder on the defensive end, his numbers on the offensive end will not be as good. especially his outside shooting. At this point I think it is kind of petty to critique him for not being good % from the field, especially against a good defensive team like the clippers. On the flip side, if he shoots 50% and scores 40 in a loss where he plays poorly on defense, he will get roasted for that too.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
gets a lot of BS FTs… fudge Luka!
This is true, I've seen him go to the line many times where he's not fouled.

every star player gets BS FTs and some other regular guys get BS free throws as well because refs are human. Mark Cuban aside, no one is going to point out when a regular guy gets a BS call go in his favor in the normal course of a game. Doncic also gets fouled many times and not given because refs are not going to call every legit foul. that's an area that he has struggled with in his career, that I am critical of, because it has affected his defensive performance.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

And Luka will be in the 2nd round while Book and KD will be fishing. So what's your point?

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And Luka will be in the 2nd round while Book and KD will be fishing. So what's your point?
Congrats on beating up an injured clippers team means nothing let’s see how they fair against a much better OKC team! And Dallas is better than us right now because they actually assembled a roster around Luka and have a PG…

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Congrats on beating up an injured clippers team means nothing let’s see how they fair against a much better OKC team! And Dallas is better than us right now because they actually assembled a roster around Luka and have a PG…

We literally beat the Clippers in the playoffs without Kawhi and PG last year. Are you not counting that as a series win for Book?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
L
We literally beat the Clippers in the playoffs without Kawhi and PG last year. Are you not counting that as a series win for Book?
He also made Book his absolute bitch, humiliating him in the worst Game 7 home loss in NBA History 2 years ago.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Valid points, but that's coming from hindsight. going into the series the mavs were expected struggle and were favorites perhaps because of Leonard's injury concern.

Now that it is over there is no reason to make excuses for the clippers anymore. Leonard can no longer be relied upon. He's not the same player he once was many years ago. The clippers two wins came w/o leonard in the lineuep and they finished the season well w/o him when George and Harden played well. Westbrook did what I think most expected him to do at this point in his career. 1 point and ejected from game 3 is the only time I noticed him.

EDIT: from the outside the mavs beating the clippers may not come as a surprise. but for the mavericks they had been eliminated by the clippers twice before. granted both times with leonard if I recall correctly, but this was still a very physical series and the mavericks proved that their defensive improvements in the final 3rd of the season were not a fluke. For Doncic I know it was important for him to beat the clippers. Maybe not as important as it was to CP3, but we saw him celebrate a fair amount after he beat the clippers who were w/o leonard in that series as well.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
and w/o leornard in the WCF in 2021 correct? or am I wrong on that? I can't remember when and if Leonard got hurt that season...I could be off with my memory. I get those couple of seasons mixed up during the covid era.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Was the league supposed to delay the series for the Clippers? You can only play the team the seeding sets and Dallas won a series I didn't think they would. The way you constantly make excuses for other teams winning and the Suns losing is comical. It's never a case of the better team winning unless the Suns are involved and they win.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Was the league supposed to delay the series for the Clippers? You can only play the team the seeding sets and Dallas won a series I didn't think they would.
I thought it would be closer than it was. despite losing game 4, dallas' comeback in game 4 and blowouts in the next 2 really showed that they are a lot better than the clippers regardless of the injuries. The clippers folded. the 2019/2020/2021 leonard surely would have made a difference, but that is a long time ago.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought it would be closer than it was. dallas' comeback in game 4 and blowouts in the next 2 really showed that they are a lot better than the clippers regardless of the injuries. The clippers folded. the 2019/2020/2021 leonard surely would have made a difference, but that is a long time ago.

It's a shame Kawhi hasn't been able to stay healthy. He had the makings of the next great superstar and was the best player in the world during that Toronto run but ever since then he's been a shell of his former self. I don't blame the Clippers for going all in on him initially but that extension he got will kill their flexibility going forward.

Dallas looked like a play in team before adding Gafford and Washington. They really turned things around. Too bad that Dinwiddie didn't sign there instead of LA because then they'd be a real team to beat. They're going to get beat up by OKC but the Thunder are so deep it's scary considering all the picks they have as well. They'll be able to maintain quality depth throughout Shai's formative years and prime.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and w/o leornard in the WCF in 2021 correct? or am I wrong on that? I can't remember when and if Leonard got hurt that season...I could be off with my memory. I get those couple of seasons mixed up during the covid era.
Yes, he was not playing in 2021 series either.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Yes, he was not playing in 2021 series either.
I can't remember exactly when he hurt his knee. I feel like he played really well against the mavs in the first round of the playoffs. Can't remember if he hurt his knee later in the playoffs.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
It's a shame Kawhi hasn't been able to stay healthy. He had the makings of the next great superstar and was the best player in the world during that Toronto run but ever since then he's been a shell of his former self. I don't blame the Clippers for going all in on him initially but that extension he got will kill their flexibility going forward.

Dallas looked like a play in team before adding Gafford and Washington. They really turned things around. Too bad that Dinwiddie didn't sign there instead of LA because then they'd be a real team to beat. They're going to get beat up by OKC but the Thunder are so deep it's scary considering all the picks they have as well. They'll be able to maintain quality depth throughout Shai's formative years and prime.
For sure. and the addition of those two really helps bolster Jones and Lively's ability to stay rested. Lively was such a great fit for them in the draft. Lively stood out to me against the clippers. he played better than Gafford.

I don't know much about OKC. I know they are very good. Dallas will be an underdog. I won't be bothered too much if Dallas get eliminated by them. It feels like OKC and Minn could win the div. series.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. You’re dead on. Kawhi didn’t play one game in the 2021 WCF. So, I guess winning the WCF wasn’t a big deal according to @nashman logic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort