The 2024 NBA playoffs thread

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I just want to say I'm super impressed with DAL's half court interior defense.

SGA usually shoots a thousand layups in a game but there were no easy buckets for him last night.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So, the Wolves are up 2-0. They are fully taking advantage of the new officiating style.

They are just up in people's grills, reaching, clawing, hitting, and they completely know the refs will not call much during the first 3 quarters of play. I think that has been the root of why they've been able to dominate teams even more with 'defense'.

idk how many of you watch your kids play aau around the valley, but it just reminds me of those teams that play the most physical versus 'playing the right way'.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So, the Wolves are up 2-0. They are fully taking advantage of the new officiating style.

They are just up in people's grills, reaching, clawing, hitting, and they completely know the refs will not call much during the first 3 quarters of play. I think that has been the root of why they've been able to dominate teams even more with 'defense'.

idk how many of you watch your kids play aau around the valley, but it just reminds me of those teams that play the most physical versus 'playing the right way'.
It's not as simple as them taking advantage of the rules, they have several very good individual long athletic defensive players that other teams cannot come close to matching.

For instance I think the Suns best defensive player in the rotation would be the worst defensive player minus Mike Conley of the Twolves rotation.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

They’re not playing the right way? Sounds like sour grapes…. The Suns playing dumb and careless basketball all year strikes me more as not playing the “right way”. Minnesota is completely locked in on both sides of the ball.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Every team takes advantage of the rules as is don't they? I would question a teams coaches and players if they didn't. What you are describing to me is a physical team. If you recall Vogel repeated over and over how much more physical the Suns needed to be. Sounds like the Suns were trying to take advantage as well. IMO, teams are playing the right way.

Let's face it. The Suns have had the worst timing in the world the past couple seasons. They get handcuffed with the new 2nd Apron rules just as a billionaire takes over our team. Then in the 2nd half of this season, the rules change to favor defenses when we have 3 of the most prolific scorers and the best 3 point shooter.

I get why people think the Suns are cursed.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's not as simple as them taking advantage of the rules, they have several very good individual long athletic defensive players that other teams cannot come close to matching.

For instance I think the Suns best defensive player in the rotation would be the worst defensive player minus Mike Conley of the Twolves rotation.

They’re not playing the right way? Sounds like sour grapes…. The Suns playing dumb and careless basketball all year strikes me more as not playing the “right way”. Minnesota is completely locked in on both sides of the ball.

Every team takes advantage of the rules as is don't they? I would question a teams coaches and players if they didn't. What you are describing to me is a physical team. If you recall Vogel repeated over and over how much more physical the Suns needed to be. Sounds like the Suns were trying to take advantage as well. IMO, teams are playing the right way.

Let's face it. The Suns have had the worst timing in the world the past couple seasons. They get handcuffed with the new 2nd Apron rules just as a billionaire takes over our team. Then in the 2nd half of this season, the rules change to favor defenses when we have 3 of the most prolific scorers and the best 3 point shooter.

I get why people think the Suns are cursed.

Sorry I think i didn't put enough context around my post. First of all it has nothing to do with the Suns, at all.

Proximo - Theyre top 3??? i think in defense. That's a given, that is known by all. We known the best defenders we have are Oneal and JO.

Gator - Some teams haven't adjusted to the 180 officiating, the right way of basketball is not fouling, but now officials are swallowing their whistles.

Covert - but did we? The wolves are fully taking physicality to the limits. Blaming our problems on the new CBA??? Didn't we acquire KD before that?

Last, that is what i'm saying the wolves were physical, did have one of the best defenses already. Now with the 180 in officiating, they are even more physical and just straight up hounding guys. They're even more intense now than when they played us.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I really want to see a wolves-thunder WCF. I think that matchup would be dynamite to watch.
I have to agree based on what I’ve seen so far. I want Dallas to make it, but I fear that doncic is banged up. I don’t know that Kidd’s pledge to slowing the game down and speeding it back up when able, is going to work against OKC. Still early though. Dallas have proven that they can score.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have to agree based on what I’ve seen so far. I want Dallas to make it, but I fear that doncic is banged up. I don’t know that Kidd’s pledge to slowing the game down and speeding it back up when able, is going to work against OKC. Still early though. Dallas have proven that they can score.

That's what I thought too but okc just kept pouring it on last night.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
He is proving a lot of people wrong. What a player. Not cheering for the knicks, but definitely rooting for him in his quest to get back at Carlisle. Although I don’t know how much Brunson even thanks about that.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
That's what I thought too but okc just kept pouring it on last night.
Yeah Dallas can’t win games scoring 90 points against the remaining teams. They have to throttle up. They also can’t get out rebounded like they did. There’s no excuse for that in the playoffs.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I remember wanting to draft Brunson but I saw a Tyus Jones type of game manager at best. Steady play making PG who manages an offense. Maybe like CP3 in his last year here, without the 4th quarter heroics. Brunson has become much more than that. He's a better scorer than anyone could have thought.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dad bod dominance.

No matter how pro-Brunson anyone was, no one but his mother saw this coming (his dad played hoop, no way he predicted this).
Man I wanted the Suns to figure out a sign and trade for Brunson when he was in his last year of his contract. He has gotten even better. Unreal.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
if you're not playing full court overly aggressive defense you're not winning in these playoffs

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bruson is trying but it's obvious he is hurt.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen