The 2024 NBA playoffs thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Impressive resolve from the Nuggets. Looks like this will go the way of Jordan v. Pistons… one man show that can give the champs a scare, but not quite ready for primetime yet.

Dude needs his Pippen and that isn’t KAT and ain’t ever gonna be KAT.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
i 100% flip flopped in this minnesota denver series - no problem admitting that at all - minnesota won the first 2 games on the road - only 5 teams in the history of the nba have come back from that so please pardon my prematurity
I think the clippers did this to the mavs a few years ago. it was a weird series where the home team lost every game until game 7. but it was also during the covid era where the arenas weren't completely full IIRC. I just watched a similar series in the NHL with the Vegas Knights and stars.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I think the clippers did this to the mavs a few years ago. it was a weird series where the home team lost every game until game 7. but it was also during the covid era where the arenas weren't completely full IIRC. I just watched a similar series in the NHL with the Vegas Knights and stars.
i think the suns did it to the lakers as well - dropped the first 2 games and came back - i could be wrong tho

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think the suns did it to the lakers as well - dropped the first 2 games and came back - i could be wrong tho
Only time that happened was the Westphaul Guarantee back in 1993 when we were the 1 seed who went down 0-2 to the Lakers then ending up winning the series 3-2.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only time that happened was the Westphaul Guarantee back in 1993 when we were the 1 seed who went down 0-2 to the Lakers then ending up winning the series 3-2.
I remember when he made that statement. He lit up the national press with that. Had that happened today? Social Media would have melted down. That was an epic series.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Lakers were a 39 win team that year so the Suns should’ve wrapped that series up sooner. They played 18 games before the finals whereas the Bulls played 14. Some of its East vs West but Barkley and KJ were both worn down in the finals.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers were a 39 win team that year so the Suns should’ve wrapped that series up sooner. They played 18 games before the finals whereas the Bulls played 14. Some of its East vs West but Barkley and KJ were both worn down in the finals.
Yup. We played one game short of the maximum in the first three rounds.

Also, side note… this team’s home playoff performance has been so bad during the AWA -> Talking Stick era. They went 0-3 at home in the Finals against Chicago. They went 1-2 the next year against Houston en route to a 7 game series loss. They went 2-2 the next year en route to another 7 game loss, punctuated by Game 7 loss at home. That’s a 3-7 record at home in the biggest series of the year, with HCA in 2 of 3 series.

The next time they were a contender, they went 0-3 at home against the Spurs in the 2005 WCF, letting the Spurs celebrate going to the Finals on our court. Then went 1-2 in the Western Conference Finals against Dallas in 2006 and watched Dallas celebrate on our court to go to the Finals. Then of course allowed the Lakers to celebrate a WCF title on our home floor in Game 6 in 2010.

Then of course, there was the most humiliating Game 7 of all time to end the CP3 title contending era Suns against Dallas after blowing a crucial Game 5 at home that swung the Finals to the Bucks when that series was tied 2-2. And the last two years, the Nuggets celebrated moving on our court after a 30 point stomping and the Wolves celebrated on our court after sweeping us.

Man… that sucks. For every era of title contention (or something somewhat close till this year) we’ve just watched so many teams celebrating series Ws in our house

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not drafting Halliburton is gonna haunt this team for a decade.
It already has.

But our stupid management can't wait to trade away our 2031 pick for another 8th man who will maybe allow us to win one playoff game instead of getting swept.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This year is his only year reaching those metrics. Booker last year was higher in points, FG% and 3P%. Of course Edwards is doing this at a younger age.
So are you wrong or is statmamba wrong bc he claims ant is the only player in post season history to accomplish that. I’m guessing statmamba

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anthony Edwards is a two-time NBA All-Star at the age of 22.

He is a legitimate star approaching superstardom. I don't know what else to say.

Edwards hasn't had enough time to do much more.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So are you wrong or is statmamba wrong bc he claims ant is the only player in post season history to accomplish that. I’m guessing statmamba

Appears Statmamba is. They should have qualified he's the only doing it this post season. Booker averaged 33.7 ppg, 58.5% from the field and 50.8% from 3 last postseason.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
idk if cleveland can keep it up but that was an excellent first half from an out manned squad

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
cleveland takes the lead but boston - their ball movement is insane on offense - they pass it more than rastafarians

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Luka has found another level. I still think OKC will come back but that 3 before the half was something out of a video game.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Luka looks gassed. He's not even been on the screen the mavs last couple plays.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen