The 2024 NBA playoffs thread

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
likely to be a rematch, and it will make for some interesting reg season games next year. I like OKC's odds for sure. Shaq is right, I think SGA deserved to win the MVP award. there's no doubt he is that guy. Holmgren is also a great young player, but so is Lively. I thought Lively outshined him as the series went on and he gained more confidence to score and make free throws. Lively is an unsung hero for dallas. he was the difference in last night's game IMO.

You caught OKC at the right time cause they’re probably trading for Mikal and signing Jarrett Allen. They run the west going forward IMO

Lorenzo

Reaction score
You caught OKC at the right time cause they’re probably trading for Mikal and signing Jarrett Allen. They run the west going forward IMO
I once thought that in 2011/2012 and it held to be true the at least as far as that dallas team was concerned because they got brutally swept by OKC the next season. and here we are with a completely different OKC up and coming squad. you never know what will happen in the future. they should be the team of the future in the west. even if OKC make little to no changes they are only getting better. I'll give the edge in youth and future to OKC. Dallas should not hang their heads about that though. they aren't in bad shape either.

Last edited:

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Watching the length and athleticism teams in the west have makes me think we’re toast in this conference going forward.
Indeed. Because we have a moron for a GM who is about 7 years behind the trends of the league and would never admit he is wrong, even at gunpoint. We are likely screwed until we get someone with a clue in charge of the roster.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Indeed. Because we have a moron for a GM who is about 7 years behind the trends of the league and would never admit he is wrong, even at gunpoint. We are likely screwed until we get someone with a clue in charge of the roster.

Speaking of James Jones being an idiot, it hurts seeing Haliburton score 14 in the 1st quarter as the Pacers are rocking the Knicks early in game 7. How he past on that kid is one of the bigger "WTF" moments of his time as GM.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of James Jones being an idiot, it hurts seeing Haliburton score 14 in the 1st quarter as the Pacers are rocking the Knicks early in game 7. How he past on that kid is one of the bigger "WTF" moments of his time as GM.
It’s gonna hurt for a decade.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

And that wasn’t a hindsight thing like Ayton/Luka. We all wanted him in real time.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Celtics don't win a title with Tatum this year I think they never will. It is all just sitting there for them. Can't see the Knicks or Pacers giving them much trouble.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Celtics don't win a title with Tatum this year I think they never will. It is all just sitting there for them. Can't see the Knicks or Pacers giving them much trouble.
They can beat either team without Porzingis, but if he’s not back for the Finals, beating Denver, Minny or Dallas without him would be a pretty impressive feat.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They can beat either team without Porzingis, but if he’s not back for the Finals, beating Denver, Minny or Dallas without him would be a pretty impressive feat.
I am assuming he will be back in about a week like they are saying.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it was a foul but yeah tough way to lose a game.

OKC does need another big but they also have an interesting situation in do they need a PG or do they just let SGA handle the ball and play the great shooter Joe off the ball? Cason Wallace is intriguing but I don't see him as a starter, great defender and can handle the bal but he's not a creator only 1.5 APG. I think moving Joe in for Giddey was the right move. I figure they need another big more than a PG because of how skinny Chet is, great player but will wear down in physical playoff series.

If Giddey had developed he'd solve the who handles the ball problem so that SGA doesn't have to try and be the PG, he's a very good passer but he's not a good enough shooter to keep defenses honest and with his off court issues wouldn't be surprised if they move on from him.

Washington was huge for Dallas but can't be underemphasize how huge Gafford and Lively were, just perfect they do exactly what is needed, rim protect, rebound and wait in the dunkers spot for lobs.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like the Pacers will pull it out, a minute left and up 23. I really didn't see it happening with how good the Knicks have been in MSG. Credit to Indiana. I can see them stealing 1 or 2 from Boston in the ECF but thats the Celtics series to lose.

The Knicks just need to re-sign their free agents and hope for health next year. Maybe flip Randle also. I know he's an All-Star but that speaks to the weakness of frontcourt players in the east. They have a deep team though that can play 9 deep without losing much of anything. Really like them as a favorite next year. Brunson, Hart, OG, Randle, Robinson, with DiVencenzio, Bogdonovich, Achuiwa and Hartenstein off the bench. Feel like I'm forgetting someone. McBride might be poised for a larger role and Burks has been solid for them also.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
im not sure boston's all that good - they're good don't get me wrong but i wonder how they'd fair in the western playoffs this year

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like the Pacers will pull it out, a minute left and up 23. I really didn't see it happening with how good the Knicks have been in MSG. Credit to Indiana. I can see them stealing 1 or 2 from Boston in the ECF but thats the Celtics series to lose.

The Knicks just need to re-sign their free agents and hope for health next year. Maybe flip Randle also. I know he's an All-Star but that speaks to the weakness of frontcourt players in the east. They have a deep team though that can play 9 deep without losing much of anything. Really like them as a favorite next year. Brunson, Hart, OG, Randle, Robinson, with DiVencenzio, Bogdonovich, Achuiwa and Hartenstein off the bench. Feel like I'm forgetting someone. McBride might be poised for a larger role and Burks has been solid for them also.

My concern with the Knicks is they almost seem like a lightning in a bottle team? I love Brunson but I'm not sure he's this good that he can do this year after year when teams start doubling him consistently. he did in the playoffs so maybe he is THAT good? And I love DiVincenzo and maybe this year really is the result of Steph and Klay helping him with his shooting mechanics but it also kind of looks like that one monstrous year he might not be able to reproduce.

Great coach though.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My concern with the Knicks is they almost seem like a lightning in a bottle team? I love Brunson but I'm not sure he's this good that he can do this year after year when teams start doubling him consistently. he did in the playoffs so maybe he is THAT good? And I love DiVincenzo and maybe this year really is the result of Steph and Klay helping him with his shooting mechanics but it also kind of looks like that one monstrous year he might not be able to reproduce.

Great coach though.

I get the lightning in a bottle notion but I think Brunson is that good. He's doing this because he has to rather than just showing he's capable. His stats last year weren't that much lower. His shooting was better last year as he was more efficient and didn't need to take as many shots because he had other scorers. Once he gets those, especially OG Anunoby, back then he'll need to do less on both sides of the ball.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jokic and Murray have to be the best Big/Guard pair since Shaq and Kobe. They play off each other so well. I don't know if either has their same success without the other.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
denver's just poised - jokic unstoppable - role players playing hard and when murray's hot forgetaboutit

Denver are finally looking like defending champs. They've done it a few times this series, primarily in games 3 and 4, but they got that back tonight. When they're clicking like this, they're damn near unbeatable.