The Cards search of a new stadium prior to 2001…

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I grew up in Maryvale and live in Mesa. I'm good with the site. I actually went to the open house they held after the original site in the path of Sky Harbor was dumped. I like the spot despite it being so far from where I live.
I grew up in maryvale too. The cancer cluster of PHX. And yes I just kicked cancers ass.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I grew up in Maryvale and live in Mesa. I'm good with the site. I actually went to the open house they held after the original site in the path of Sky Harbor was dumped. I like the spot despite it being so far from where I live.
Welcome back buddy.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I’ve been following the Coyotes situation with their history of failures to find an arena and went back 20+ years to when the Cards finally got their deal in Glendale. When they moved from St. Louis they were only supposed to play at ASU for a few seasons but couldn’t get a stadium because of issues as the market crisis of the 90’s derailing funding. There were always rumors of a stadium in downtown Phoenix (not sure the exact spot). There were rumors of the Indian reservation near Fountain Hills or Rio Salado land in Tempe. Anyways my question is what do you remember about that time and what was your reaction when you heard the new stadium was going to be on the opposite side of the city?
I was fine with it anywhere in the Valley. This team was Los Angeles bound had that bill not been passed