The D-Line & O-Line Thread

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isaia Glass will redshirt and enter the transfer portal.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Isaia Glass will redshirt and enter the transfer portal.

Disappointing. It doesn’t help when an experienced OL is bolting when we need OL.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disappointing. It doesn’t help when an experienced OL is bolting when we need OL.

And bolting now, before the season is over. I feel bad for TB16, who suffered an injury with no protection this weekend.

All this and with the dark cloud of an NCAA investigation still pending.

It leaves me wondering if it's possible for ASU football to move forward until this is resolved.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

It leaves me wondering if it's possible for ASU football to move forward until this is resolved.
I'm afraid it is going to a challenging world for ASU football even after the sanctions are finalized (the penalties will hopefully be on the light side, like Tennessee's). Without a robust NIL program, the Sun Devils will always be at risk of having kids poached by richer programs through the transfer portal.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I’m not overly concerned about the investigation at this point. I think the self imposed Bowl ban, the fact the coaching staff was fired and the Air Force punishment kind of point to not much else. I suppose they can take away a few scholarships.

It will be interesting to see where Glass ends up and if he will make the same mistake the kid who transferred to Michigan made

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’m not overly concerned about the investigation at this point. I think the self imposed Bowl ban, the fact the coaching staff was fired and the Air Force punishment kind of point to not much else. I suppose they can take away a few scholarships.

It will be interesting to see where Glass ends up and if he will make the same mistake the kid who transferred to Michigan made
LaDarius Henderson actually broke into the starting lineup at Michigan in late September and has been starting since. I read somewhere that Glass visited Henderson in Michigan during ASU's bye week, before quitting on the team, but Glass doesn't seem Michigan-caliber to me. Maybe he will end up somewhere else in that part of country.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LaDarius Henderson actually broke into the starting lineup at Michigan in late September and has been starting since. I read somewhere that Glass visited Henderson in Michigan during ASU's bye week, before quitting on the team, but Glass doesn't seem Michigan-caliber to me. Maybe he will end up somewhere else in that part of country.
Thanks for the info. I only follow Michigan when I root for them to beat OSU

Did he win the job on merit or due to injury?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The investigation is still hanging over the head of ASU and I'm sure rival coaches use it as a recruiting tool.

I won't say anything more about Glass.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid it is going to a challenging world for ASU football even after the sanctions are finalized (the penalties will hopefully be on the light side, like Tennessee's). Without a robust NIL program, the Sun Devils will always be at risk of having kids poached by richer programs through the transfer portal.

Under Frank Kush, ASU used to focus on recruiting top athletes at the skill positions and using less recruited players who were a bit smaller and less recruited at other positions. He would coach them up. He focused on speed.

Maybe ASU should consider doing something similar.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I only follow Michigan when I root for them to beat OSU

Did he win the job on merit or due to injury?
I think it was initially an injury (a former 5-star high school recruit who also entered Michigan from the portal, from Stanford). But Henderson kept the job after the injured player returned.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Under Frank Kush, ASU used to focus on recruiting top athletes at the skill positions and using less recruited players who were a bit smaller and less recruited at other positions. He would coach them up. He focused on speed.

Maybe ASU should consider doing something similar.
Unfortunately, that's what is different about the current era. A school like ASU can still identify less-recruited "diamond-in-the-roughs" - and develop them. But now another school can lure away the players with money and have them eligible the very next season. And of course the NIL situation makes it harder to attract highly touted skill position players, too.
I hope ASU can find a way to remain relevant and entertaining.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, that's what is different about the current era. A school like ASU can still identify less-recruited "diamond-in-the-roughs" - and develop them. But now another school can lure away the players with money and have them eligible the very next season. And of course the NIL situation makes it harder to attract highly touted skill position players, too.
I hope ASU can find a way to remain relevant and entertaining.

I think the NIL money would show up for prime time players, less the current AD.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Freshman offensive lineman Sean Na'a didn't find out he would start until he was on the plane.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the wording “quit the team” because that is what he did.

And the timing couldn't have been worse, forcing a freshman to unexpectedly start.

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure if this was posted, but we have a new D-line coach who runs a pass rush clinic for NFL players, so hopefully this will bear fruit.

Also, KD said they are moving Stansberry to the outside to add some more size on the edge, hopefully this will help him see the field more, the guy is a player.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The OL is suddenly looking much stronger - let's hope they stay healthy and out of the springtime transfer portal. ;)

The portal additions Jalen Klemm (UW) and Josh Atkins (Hawaii) are LTs like Bram Walden, and Emmit Bohle and Max Iheanachor are coming back at RT. Lots of mix and match possibilities at tackle and some much-needed depth.

Coleman is back and hopefully healthy as a guard, and the Sun Devils are also adding Shancco Matautia who started for a couple of seasons for New Mexico at RG. There is other guard talent on the roster and don't forget about Leif Fautanu who played great at center last year.

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The OL is suddenly looking much stronger - let's hope they stay healthy and out of the springtime transfer portal. ;)

The portal additions Jalen Klemm (UW) and Josh Atkins (Hawaii) are LTs like Bram Walden, and Emmit Bohle and Max Iheanachor are coming back at RT. Lots of mix and match possibilities at tackle and some much-needed depth.

Coleman is back and hopefully healthy as a guard, and the Sun Devils are also adding Shancco Matautia who started for a couple of seasons for New Mexico at RG. There is other guard talent on the roster and don't forget about Leif Fautanu who played great at center last year.
Did the UW guy transfer? I missed that

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Check out our new D lineman transfer from U of A. How much is that? I can't count past 315 lbs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison