The future of the Coyotes franchise...

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I didn’t have a problem with his 98.7 interview. Thought he said the right things about why the team is moving, he essentially said NHL forced his hand. He seems adamant that he’s winning that land and building an arena.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Is it true that the Coyotes lost money every year? If so I would sell, too.
IDK, but going through their history it looks like they have been mismanaged a lot on and off the ice. Is it true that they failed to pay taxes on the arena in Glendale? I read that somewhere if I recall correctly. I feel for the fans and the employees that invested a lot into the team. Seeing those emotions in the last game were so tough to watch.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is pathetic that we had our NHL franchise taken from us due to no new arena having been built yet when there is an NHL quality arena sitting out there in Glendale. It is not optimal for most but for a temporary home as the new place is built...? Crazy that something could not have been done.

I guess the Mullet deal was for 3 years with an option for a 4th, so Glendale may not have been a consideration.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There's no way Bettman has any faith in Meruelo to get this done.. Bettman had to interrupt him multiple times to clarify an answer or cover for a stupid answer...

Bettman clearly wants NHL to work here, but he's tied to a complete clown.

Not that promising for the future of NHL hockey in AZ.