The Streaming Sucks Thread

Dan H

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I said what I said … :p

I’ve got around 600 movies on disk, slowly growing with new additions and “upgrades” (I’ve been slowly replacing my wife’s DVDs with Blu Rays when I find ones on my list for cheap, because ewww, who wants to watch 480p on a 4K screen?)

Latest acquisition:
You must be registered for see images attach

No ragrets. :D

Meanwhile, not so patiently waiting for 4K versions of True Lies and The Abyss.

OP
OP
Dan H

Dan H

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Great article. I have a lot of Arrow and Shout! Factory stuff. Don’t usually care much for bonus features though.

OP
OP
Dan H

Dan H

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It’s a good thing Disney is handing disk production to Sony, because they absolutely fumbled Cameron Day.

I got True Lies on time, Aliens finally showed up today, and I still don’t have The Abyss in hand.

Apparently they completely underestimated the market demand and their retail partners were severely short of stock to fulfill preorders.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’m looking to buy the equalizer 1 on blu ray. Any price friendly sites out there to buy this movie. Amazon only option?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I’m looking to buy the equalizer 1 on blu ray. Any price friendly sites out there to buy this movie. Amazon only option?

Amazon has it for only 7 bucks according to that site.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Here in the Valley, we have a store called Zia Records that buys and sells all types of new and used media. The vast majority of my media (CD, DVD, Blu-ray, UHD, books) collection comes from there. You might have something similar in your area.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Here in the Valley, we have a store called Zia Records that buys and sells all types of new and used media. The vast majority of my media (CD, DVD, Blu-ray, UHD, books) collection comes from there. You might have something similar in your area.
Zia is still around?? Wow, I'm surprised.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zia overprices their stuff pretty bad. I used to have better success with Bookmans on Country Club and Southern.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like they serve Vegas now too and it looks like you can order online.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Zia overprices their stuff pretty bad. I used to have better success with Bookmans on Country Club and Southern.
Now Bookman's was my jam, both in Phoenix and in Tucson 30 years ago.

Here in Texas, the closest thing we have to Bookman's is Half-Price Books.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now Bookman's was my jam, both in Phoenix and in Tucson 30 years ago.

Here in Texas, the closest thing we have to Bookman's is Half-Price Books.
That's sad.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They can, it depends. Still a better option for me than Amazon in most cases. Plus, I'd rather help some Zia cashier pay for another tattoo over a new ivory bannister in one of Bezos's mansions.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bookman's used to be great but went downhill. The stock got really stagnant so we eventually quit going. I might have to poke my head in if I go by someday, but from what I hear, not much has changed in the last few years.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Bookman's used to be great but went downhill. The stock got really stagnant so we eventually quit going. I might have to poke my head in if I go by someday, but from what I hear, not much has changed in the last few years.
I went there a few years ago in Mesa, and they had a huge board game section that was pretty good, but there's still something great about a used entertainment store that is the size of a KMart.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went there a few years ago in Mesa, and they had a huge board game section that was pretty good, but there's still something great about a used entertainment store that is the size of a KMart.

I found some great deals there on musical gear back in the day.

OP
OP
Dan H

Dan H

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I loved Bookman’s in Flagstaff. Around here we have a chain called Disc Replay, they’re great.