Tonight's Game Did Not Cost Us the #1 Seed...

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
... It was actually the ATL game that did us in. Hindsight is always a #$ but had we won that game, we'd still be sitting at 12-3 with next week's game deciding the top seed for us. Looking at their team with no pass rush and a limping WR core, can't believe we came out so flat against them.

Now imagine if we have to go back to their dome to play in the WC game. At least we'll have some "unfinished" business... as long as PP can keep his mouth shut :bang:

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Ya know ... I tend to agree with you. In the end, losing that game came to bite them in the arse.

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
Well, there are a lot of other games that we could have lost, but pulled out in the end. How many games were we behind in the 4th Quarter? The facts are, our QB got hurt, and it's already damn hard to be the #1 Seed. There's no shame in this season. Don't beat yourself up over one game. Every team can point to one game.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Yeah, but that game was critical because it was an NFC opponent. Had it been an AFC team, no biggie.

Plus the Falcons are not that great of a team.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We lost twice to Seattle 54-9 and don't deserve to be seeded ahead of them. If you had told in September that we would finish 11-5 and get the fifth seed I'd have been ecstatic!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We aren't even out of the race for the number one seed, nor the division. Rams win and we win and we win the division. If the lions win on top of that, we're the number one seed.

take care of business in san francisco...

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
If Sea loses (its possible) and Cards win (its possible) they get #1 seed...

OP
OP
eastcoastSUN

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This year's ATL game is equivalent to last year's STL season opener which decided our fate. OK, maybe not that dramatic in which we missed the playoffs altogether, but you guys get the point. I wasn't expecting some sort of miracle yesterday with Lindley at the helm, so as soon as we got down 14-3, I immediately thought of the ATL game...

Maybe STL can do us a favor next week since they seem to always curse us with the injury bug whenever we play them... :D

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ya know ... I tend to agree with you. In the end, losing that game came to bite them in the arse.

Sort of like last season when winning the last game was so important but the game that cost us the playoffs was week one at STL.

This year's ATL game is equivalent to last year's STL season opener which decided our fate. OK, maybe not that dramatic in which we missed the playoffs altogether, but you guys get the point. I wasn't expecting some sort of miracle yesterday with Lindley at the helm, so as soon as we got down 14-3, I immediately thought of the ATL game...

Maybe STL can do us a favor next week since they seem to always curse us with the injury bug whenever we play them... :D

Great minds think alike.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

True but the Rams game we blew a big lead in the 4th qtr which really hurts. We didn't show up for the Atlanta game.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
We aren't even out of the race for the number one seed, nor the division. Rams win and we win and we win the division. If the lions win on top of that, we're the number one seed.

take care of business in san francisco...

With Logan Thomas?? Seriously?? I think it's safe to say we will be playing Atlanta or Carolina, on the road in week 1 of the post season... :-(

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maksince98