UNCENSORED 2024 Draft Thread

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Feels like we went a round too high a couple times, maybe a round or two too high..
Maybe even three rounds too high. The only thing I can think of to justify hoarding RD 3 picks is the need to get guys who will work on ST and the new kickoff lineup. We got two CBs out of day two---but could have made the move up with our draft hoard in the 3rd and got Cooper and Kool-Aid (yes, both of them).

If you have the bankroll to buy Hagen Daz ice cream, why spend your money on ice milk frozen dessert?

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
When did I say that?
Again it wasn't "defending Keim" its moreso that it's likely no month long debate about drafting the obvious.

This was before the trade talk, but again I'm of the belief that's not even a topic or debate cause taking Marvin is just obvious.
Are you a #KeimGuy at heart or something?

Yes, the guy who was known for atrocity 1st round drafting would have selected Will Anderson & Marvin Harrison.

Keim was an idiot. Monti is more shrewd. As I've said maybe Monti can identify the gems others cant. At least with Monti he has a clear plan. We'll see in time if he's just really ahead of the curve or maybe he outsmarted himself.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If we go WR at the top of the 4th round who do you want?

Franklin
Walker
Rice
Cowing
Baker

I like Rice. I never would have guessed Franklin would be here. Cowing makes sense if they want to address slot.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again it wasn't "defending Keim" its moreso that it's likely no month long debate about drafting the obvious.

This was before the trade talk, but again I'm of the belief that's not even a topic or debate cause taking Marvin is just obvious.

Keim was an idiot. Monti is more shrewd. As I've said maybe Monti can identify the gems others cant. At least with Monti he has a clear plan. We'll see in time if he's just really ahead of the curve or maybe he outsmarted himself.
That was me being a smartass because CBus somehow believes Keim always made the “obvious” pick when in reality he always made the wrong picks 95% of the time.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
That was me being a smartass because CBus somehow believes Keim always made the “obvious” pick when in reality he always made the wrong picks 95% of the time.
Right!!! I don’t know how people are forgetting how Keim always won the draft on paper. The sports writers would gush and give good grades and then the players would mostly suck or get played out of position and suck here and go on to be great somewhere else.

I’m absolutely flabbergasted over the pining for that again from people on this board.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Random old man complaint:

What is it with every scout in the draft room all standing and clapping and looking at the owner or GM when they make their pick?

Across the league it happens -- it looks like North Koreans saluting Dear Leader. So cringy

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Random old man complaint:

What is it with every scout in the draft room all standing and clapping and looking at the owner or GM when they make their pick?

Across the league it happens -- it looks like North Koreans saluting Dear Leader. So cringy
Ya, Mike Bidwill is just one of many jerky jerkface NFL owners

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This was a deep draft for the first two rounds, not in round 3 and later. In fact, most people say that it is a poor draft after the 2nd round.
I don’t think any people were saying this, let alone most. But if this was the case, they should have been trying to move some of those 3rd round picks to get into the 2nd

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The excuses are rampant. He could trade back fifteen times and we'd hear this same boring line. "He just had twenty players ranked the same." I call bull ish. If our GM ALWAYS has a bunch of players ranked the same, he doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. Just doesn't make a bit of sense.
Or maybe others are just better talent valors than you are?

It seems there’s a lot of people that are happy with what the Cardinals did or think they did a good job

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I love the draft and all the discussion, but seriously:

1. media makes subjective list of ~300 players

2. teams make their own list

joy or sorrow happens when our teams list is different than the media list.

its fun to talk about, but i have a hard time getting too emotionally worked up over 2 vs 1

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

It is all the Beta-dogs tail wagging and cowering at the feet of the Alpha-Dog. It is the cause of the burnout that sends grown men into mental health rehab. Notice how every team has a 'dress' code with everyone in the draft room alike---Cards were in business casual with no ties. Other teams were in dress shirts sans tie and coat. (Check out the picture of BA in my avatar---no tail wagging there. That's why BA is the man. Go ahead, pull his finger.)

Check out 'Men in Groups' by Lionel Tiger. Too bad this book is out of print. You can order a used copy for a couple of bucks off Amazon

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would love another Wr. I’m kind of leaning toward Rice.

I'd be happy with Rice, Franklin or Baker TBH, but I expect they do something else.

The Panthers and Patriots both still need WR too so I'd expect one or both of them to go WR.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for confirming Monti's stupidity for trading down in the 2nd for a "magic beans" 3rd rounder, then.

I mean, really, how hard is it to be excited about this day two by Monti? Feels like we went a round too high a couple times, maybe a round or two too high..
Not hard at all. I'm excited.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There is some reason Koolaid slid. He was at the top of the rankings 3-4 months ago. Every team in the league passed on him several times. Why?
He had a Jones fracture in foot. Concern that it might be a chronic condition even though he later showed well at his private work-out.

Here's one pre-draft eval (scroll down to the negatives)

Finally, not all teams are looking for a CB in the draft, at least not at the top of the draft.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You literally just posted who was picked. No comments. Nothing of any actual value. Knowing people in here were watching the draft and that posting the pick would ruin it for them. What was your goal? To be the first person to type his name? You just make this thread less enjoyable for others. Literally that’s all that post did. I guess . . . congrats for not breaking the rules?
Good Golly Ouchie. Wah-Wah-Wah. Are you serious? Was the draft really ruined because the pick was posted out-of-sync with the TV broadcast? Maybe the goal is to simply find out who we picked?? At least that's my goal so if someone has the news, post it as soon as you can. That's why I have both the TV and PC up and running during the picks.

What would you do if your cable/TV went down during the draft---would you turn off your PC until the TV came back online so the draft wouldn't be ruined for you?