Week 18 of the Arizona Cardinals off season thread. 05/06/24-05/12/24

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Zay Jones is about what the Cardinals need in the short run to fill that #2/#3 gap.
I scrolled through the route charts on NGS for Jones for the past two seasons and he played almost exclusively out of the slot.

Would prefer someone with a little more flexibility as a backup to Wilson, but I’m okay if Dortch is basically a swing WR across the formation. I don’t think Dortch is better or less impactful from any position.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I scrolled through the route charts on NGS for Jones for the past two seasons and he played almost exclusively out of the slot.

Would prefer someone with a little more flexibility as a backup to Wilson, but I’m okay if Dortch is basically a swing WR across the formation. I don’t think Dortch is better or less impactful from any position.
I saw a third party site that had him at 33%ish from the slot last year, but who knows if that's true.

He could be used as a Z who motions to the slot a lot and that could be the difference in charting.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The term ******** will need to be added to our filter. It is completely unappropriate.

I'll chalk this one to ignorance, but further use before filter is in place will have repercussions
Got it. Thanks for the heads up.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He has a whole lot more to offer than Pascal.
You add Zay, Pascal is likely a goner. Chris Moore offers more of a deep threat profile as well as being a solid special teamer. If Palmer shows anything, he has a good chance to stick as well.

Harrison, Wilson, Jones, Dortch, Moore, Palmer.

Looks better.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Unpopular sentiment among you soccer fans.

I'd rather have another root canal than watch a "football match."

I could take a long nap and miss nothing from a 1-1 game. Lots of guys jogging around and acting like a girly shove was a tackle from Ray Lewis.

Since I grew up watching football, trying to get into soccer is like trying to get into crocheting or watching paint dry.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

I could take a long nap and miss nothing from a 1-1 game. Lots of guys jogging around and acting like a girly shove was a tackle from Ray Lewis.

Since I grew up watching football, trying to get into soccer is like trying to get into crocheting or watching paint dry.
Oh no! What will the most popular sport in the world do without your viewership?

Probably keep gaining momentum in the US. I pick up my kid from school and see 12 of his classmates in soccer jerseys. I'll maybe see one in an NFL shirt. Some of those tastes will shift as the kids mature and can play American football, but more and more of them are going to stick close to a more dynamic sport where they have easy access to the best teams in the world.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Oh no! What will the most popular sport in the world do without your viewership?

Probably keep gaining momentum in the US. I pick up my kid from school and see 12 of his classmates in soccer jerseys. I'll maybe see one in an NFL shirt. Some of those tastes will shift as the kids mature and can play American football, but more and more of them are going to stick close to a more dynamic sport where they have easy access to the best teams in the world.
And I couldn't care less.

BTS is also very popular and they suck too. Soccer is the BTS of sports.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

It's ok if you don't get it! There's a reason it's so popular - over in 2 hrs, no commercial breaks, and the quality of play at the highest level is incredibly compelling. You among many others will likely change your tune as time goes on, or you'll be missing out on some high quality entertainment.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score

This is the worst take in the history of sports. You have negative DVOA.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It's ok if you don't get it! There's a reason it's so popular - over in 2 hrs, no commercial breaks, and the quality of play at the highest level is incredibly compelling. You among many others will likely change your tune as time goes on, or you'll be missing out on some high quality entertainment.
I've tried. Every time I've watched, I'm incredibly bored. Not anything interesting about it.

I've even been to an MLS LA FC match before and it was a snooze fest.

Reactions: PJ1