Who Starts Week 1 at Wide Receiver?

Who are the Starting WRs Week 1?

• Troy Franklin (First-round pick)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roman Wilson, MI (Second-day pick)

• Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS (Second-day pick)

• Jaylan McMillan, WAS (Second-day pick)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Have busted? Not that many, I think. Clowney wasn't a bust. He's made three Pro Bowls with the team that's drafted him and remained relatively healthy. What's surprising is that he's never once notched double-digit sacks in a season.
Clowney was absolutely a meh #1 overall.
As for "stars of the draft," you're going to have be more specific. Part of the deal with MHJ is that he's such a clean prospect that doesn't come around often. I don't think we're talking about Chase Young here. I think we're talking about Nick Bosa and Quinnen Williams level prospects.
Chase Young was considered a better prospect than Nick Bosa. You are actually making @BritCard argument for him.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Exactly. This is not a formula for success. It's more a "poke and hope" approach where, heck, maybe force of numbers will have us get lucky.
But that's exactly what the draft is. The force of numbers is greater than betting on one.

Where I would disagree...the top five has the highest odds of hitting on a player.
No, Monti. No. Select the premium players that stare you in the face because, hopefully, you don't often have a chance to do so.
Agree overall.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Clowney was absolutely a meh #1 overall.

Chase Young was considered a better prospect than Nick Bosa. You are actually making @BritCard argument for him.

Clowney was a disappointment, but he wasn't a bust.

Citation needed on Young being a better prospect than Bosa. I don't remember that class being that highly regarded.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Clowney was a disappointment, but he wasn't a bust.

Citation needed on Young being a better prospect than Bosa. I don't remember that class being that highly regarded.
LOL I don't have to do the research for you, to overcome your lack of knowledge but here you go:

This is just a cursory search. Feel free to disprove it as you see fit, but Young was absolutely considered to be a near generational talent while Nick was viewed as a blue chipper.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Erroneous knowledge. But yeah, knowledge none the less.

But screw it..let's all jump on board with the idea a guy has to be a great player in order to be a good leader. Propagating misinformation is so en Vogue these days
A player can be a good and still fail to have the necessary gravitas to be impactful in a lockerroom. Who is a rookie more likely to listen to, a journeyman or a guy making a lot more cheddar? Simply put, if their leadership abilities are the same most players are going to pay more attention to what even a Tyler boyd says over a Zach pascal.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I agree with you here.

Id much rather the Cardinals bring in a more sure thing. While I like Wilson and think that he might be a good #2 with more volume, that's not even close to a guaranteed proposition.

There are probably 8 different FA receivers that could be helpful.
This is where I am. If Wilson emerges and is better than whomever we could bring in at #2, move him ahead in the pecking order. That’s what the bengals did when higgins emerged. They moved him forward in targets over over Boyd.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Have busted? Not that many, I think. Clowney wasn't a bust. He's made three Pro Bowls with the team that's drafted him and remained relatively healthy. What's surprising is that he's never once notched double-digit sacks in a season.

As for "stars of the draft," you're going to have be more specific. Part of the deal with MHJ is that he's such a clean prospect that doesn't come around often. I don't think we're talking about Chase Young here. I think we're talking about Nick Bosa and Quinnen Williams level prospects.

From 2020 back first non QB's taken who were not worth the pick and not the best non QB player in the draft. Some of these are good players, but nobody is picking them there in retrospect.

Chase Young was the MHJ of that draft and has turned out very mid. He was absolutely a sure fire hit and considered better than Bosa.

Chase Young
Saquon Barkley
Soloman Thomas
Dante Fowler
Erik Fisher
Trent Richardson

It's more than half.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Of I could, you know, not. The validity of my opinions on a message board are not contingent on another poster demanding I do research to satisfy them.

The validity of your assertions is directly related to how realistic they are. If you're going to propose things that aren't possible because you can't be bothered to put any effort in then I will treat them accordingly.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
From 2020 back first non QB's taken who were not worth the pick and not the best non QB player in the draft. Some of these are good players, but nobody is picking them there in retrospect.

Chase Young was the MHJ of that draft and has turned out very mid. He was absolutely a sure fire hit and considered better than Bosa.

Chase Young
Saquon Barkley
Soloman Thomas
Dante Fowler
Erik Fisher
Trent Richardson

It's more than half.
Not all draft classes have an MHJ-quality player. That's one of the things that makes him a special prospect. I'd agree that half of the non-QB prospects don't meet their draft status, but that's a non sequitur because half of most top prospects don't work out.

That said, Lance Zierlein's eval of Harrison is deranged.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not all draft classes have an MHJ-quality player. That's one of the things that makes him a special prospect. I'd agree that half of the non-QB prospects don't meet their draft status, but that's a non sequitur because half of most top prospects don't work out.

That said, Lance Zierlein's eval of Harrison is deranged.
Sam Darnold, "pro bowler
MHJ- Year 1 starter.

Chris Simms Burner Account

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The validity of your assertions is directly related to how realistic they are. If you're going to propose things that aren't possible because you can't be bothered to put any effort in then I will treat them accordingly.
This argument between myself and Krang was put to rest already. I'm not rising to your attempt to start another argument.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Chase Young
Saquon Barkley
Soloman Thomas
Dante Fowler
Erik Fisher
Trent Richardson

It's more than half.
Naw. No one put Solomon Thomas, Dante Fowler, Erik fisher or Trent Richardson into MHJ category. This is revisionist history at its worst. These were highly drafted players. There are always highly drafted players. But none of those guys - NONE - were talked about as can’t miss prospects a full year before their draft and maintained that position like MHJ.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Chase Young
Saquon Barkley
Soloman Thomas
Dante Fowler
Erik Fisher
Trent Richardson

It's more than half.
And sans injury, Barkley has been pretty damn good.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except you can't "sans injury".

And a RB just doesn't do enough to warrant that high of a pick.
He’s been ok I don’t think averaging 70 yards a game is living up to the hype he had coming out of college.