THE Newcastle United FC thread

mhill1986

Veteran
Reaction score
Playing with Trippier really changes the game, and not in a good way. A lot more hopeful (hopeless) crosses through the box.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Well, this is just great :sarcasm:

When on the front foot (rarely), no one can pick out a cutting pass to save their frakking lives. We need MUCH more creativity in midfield in the transfer window.

Team is playing absolutely gutless. Why bother pressing at all when you're just going to jog five yards off the guy you're supposed to be pressing? All that does is let them play around you with ease.

Trippier bound and determined to fudge Newcastle's chances at Europe. Literally took a play off and JOGGED after getting the ball lofted over him to almost give up the opener, then stood FIVE YARDS off the defensive line, doing his best to keep Mainoo onside for the opener. He's been ass today. Did he force his way back into the lineup or did Howe force him in there for leadership? Either way, he clearly wasn't ready to start again.

Then to top it off, the ref absolutely stinks. Is he from Man Poo? When a Magpie is down injured in the penalty area and Man Poo are attacking? Play on, says the ref. When a Man Poo player is down injured at midfield and Newcastle are attacking? Whoa whoa whoa, we have to stop the game! And I guess taking a guy out so hard you tear his sock open in the penalty area isn't cause for a VAR decision for a penalty, is it?

freaking shambolic all around. Failure to secure Europe makes Howe an absolute failure this season. No excuses. None. At the absolute, very least, the side have got to show more guts in the second half. What an embarrassment.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Playing with Trippier really changes the game, and not in a good way. A lot more hopeful (hopeless) crosses through the box.
Plus he took a play off to almost give up a goal and literally did give up a goal that should have been offside by a country mile.

Love what he's done for the club and absolutely saved the club, but it's time to move him on in the transfer window and roll with Livramento.

mhill1986

Veteran
Reaction score
Well, that's a disappointing end to a disappointing season. One meaningless game left. Chelsea will not drop to Bournemouth. Just so disappointing.

mhill1986

Veteran
Reaction score
At least the fans showed up and were loud. That's the best I can say. Outside of PSG at home, every single game I've been excited about this season (every game with a bit of pressure) we've totally folded.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

What is even the point of VAR? Oh, wait, you're not allowed to award penalties against Man Poo. I forgot.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I think 7th maybe gets Europa conference league? If we win at Brentford, we still finish ahead of Man Poo.
Yes 7th gets the Conference League. If Coventry would have beat ManU in the FA Cup Semis and somehow upset City in the finals, then only 5th would have gotten Europa and 6th would have gotten Conference (with Coventry getting the other Europa spot).

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Yes 7th gets the Conference League. If Coventry would have beat ManU in the FA Cup Semis and somehow upset City in the finals, then only 5th would have gotten Europa and 6th would have gotten Conference (with Coventry getting the other Europa spot).
Couldn't your Seagulls have done a job for us yesterday? :D jk

If Man Poo win the FA Cup Final, and finishes behind Newcastle, it's a screw job and they get the spot instead, so 7th would not get Conference League.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Couldn't your Seagulls have done a job for us yesterday? :D jk

If Man Poo win the FA Cup Final, and finishes behind Newcastle, it's a screw job and they get the spot instead, so 7th would not get Conference League.
Correct.. I didn’t realize ManU was actually that low!

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Falter here, and Howe's job has to be in question. The team is already limping--or crawling, rather--across the finish line. Bad enough of a start to a season, but ending it with a whimper and out of Europe is unacceptable. Have to pray Chelski somehow lose, that City beats Man Poo in the FA cup final. That's all out of Newcastle's control. MUST go out and beat Brentford so you don't have to rely on Man Poo faltering and matching the Mags' ineptitude today.

Cripes, the season could go down the drain here. Missing Europe is unacceptable at this point and could lead to losing stars and being unable to sign the quality players the club needs in the summer.

mhill1986

Veteran
Reaction score
Guess I'll be cheering for Man City next Saturday! I already can't wait for next season. We scored a lot of goals this year, but we also conceded a lot. I'm hoping next year we can get Botman back at full strength, shore up the defense a bit over the offseason, get Hall and Livramento another year under there belts. I could be wrong, but I don't see Isak or Bruno going anywhere. We'll have Tonali back for a full season. There's a lot to look forward to, and hopefully injuries are a bit kinder next year.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Guess I'll be cheering for Man City next Saturday! I already can't wait for next season. We scored a lot of goals this year, but we also conceded a lot. I'm hoping next year we can get Botman back at full strength, shore up the defense a bit over the offseason, get Hall and Livramento another year under there belts. I could be wrong, but I don't see Isak or Bruno going anywhere. We'll have Tonali back for a full season. There's a lot to look forward to, and hopefully injuries are a bit kinder next year.
Absolutely. I'm not too sure about Howe any more--awful beginning to the year and a collapse that cost them Europa League at the end of the year, and some horrendous howler games throughout. Injuries played their part, but losing a lead and not getting a point in a game when the other team is down a man also looms large. Good teams don't do that.

I do agree we have a lot going for us. Defensive reinforcements are a must, because Botman won't be near ready to start the season, nor will Lascelles, even. No. neither Isaak nor Bruno are going anywhere. The amounts I've heard that will buy them are laughable. Sure, give us 150 mill for Bruno and 200 mill for Isaak, and we'll think about it lol

Speaking of outgoings, it's time to cash in for as much as you can get for Wilson and Trippier. Livramento is ready and Wilson is constantly injured and cost us a lot.

Today was frustrating because Howe just doesn't have the team focused. That's clear. His main job is to keep their heads in the game and get the tactics right, and he doesn't do either any longer. The scoreline certainly flattered to deceive. The other frustration is VAR idiocy. Two stonewall penalties and a stonewall red card in two games gets no penalties nor cards in two games. VAR is broken beyond repair.

Now, let's go Cityzens!

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I'm a Chelsea fan and they just have too many soft spots. They could jump i'm front of that group, but drawing against Blades and a 10 man Burnley shows that they simply won't
Then they got run off by arsenal

No idea how they finished 6th this season, but here we are. Even have some hope developing in the build and long term plan

Hopefully the ownership/leadership doesn't go insane again and just throw pieces with no direction

mhill1986

Veteran
Reaction score
Then they got run off by arsenal

No idea how they finished 6th this season, but here we are. Even have some hope developing in the build and long term plan

Hopefully the ownership/leadership doesn't go insane again and just throw pieces with no direction
Great end to the season for Chelsea. It seemed to come out of nowhere, but props to them for getting it done!

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
And in world soccer news, Newcastle won the "massive" friendly down under against Spurs lol In penalties even--Ange didn't know it could go to penalties :D

mhill1986

Veteran
Reaction score
What a joke. Figures Man City plays like garbage when we need them to win. That disgraceful ManU team gets Europa. Well, I guess we didn't take it while we had the chance, so that's what we get.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
What a joke. Figures Man City plays like garbage when we need them to win. That disgraceful ManU team gets Europa. Well, I guess we didn't take it while we had the chance, so that's what we get.
Yeah, Newcastle are really at a crossroads. They still need a director of football. Now would be the perfect time to reset. Howe's not taking this team where it needs to go. He'll never be the guy. This season was an abomination of a failure. Cry about injuries all they want, they collapsed like ******* to end the season and lost 3 of 4 games to begin the season, not to mention all the losses to poo teams. No excuses. Howe wears the team missing out on Europe because he couldn't motivate the team evenly and hadn't the tactical nous necessary to right the wrongs. They won't sack him, but they should.