Arizona Cardinals Voluntary OTAs week 3. 06/03/24-06/09/24

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I'd really like us to add another starter level TE. Ideally bring Swaim back if he's healthy as he knows the scheme.

Obviously big hopes for Raiman but you can't bank on rookies and while Higgin showed flashes as a receiving TE he's no blocker.

I think for a team that used 13 personnel a lot and pass to TE a lot we are short of quality depth in that room. If one guy gets hurt were giving significant snaps to Travis Vokolek.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'd really like us to add another starter level TE. Ideally bring Swaim back if he's healthy as he knows the scheme.

Obviously big hopes for Raiman but you can't bank on rookies and while Higgin showed flashes as a receiving TE he's no blocker.

I think for a team that used 13 personnel a lot and pass to TE a lot we are short of quality depth in that room. If one guy gets hurt were giving significant snaps to Travis Vokolek.
I was thinking our TE room is stronger than I can remember…

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
LOL. Trey McBride has all the makings of a good one. Behind that is almost nothing proven. TE is one of the positions where success is least-correlated to draft position historically and takes the longest to develop.

Maybe all the young dudes work out, but probably not. Last year with Ertz, McBride, and Swaim was clearly a better room.

Even 2021 when we had McBride, Ertz, and Maxx Williams for a time had more proven talent.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

We used 13 personnel for 106 snaps in 2023. I don't know that 106 snaps out of 1054 snaps constitutes a lot.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
LOL. Trey McBride has all the makings of a good one. Behind that is almost nothing proven. TE is one of the positions where success is least-correlated to draft position historically and takes the longest to develop.

Maybe all the young dudes work out, but probably not. Last year with Ertz, McBride, and Swaim was clearly a better room.

Even 2021 when we had McBride, Ertz, and Maxx Williams for a time had more proven talent.
Tip is the TE with the most question marks. That said, he was used significantly as a blocker in college and that is the area most TEs struggle with when they transition to the NFL. What I like about the TE room is that all the roles are pretty clearly defined. McBride is a dual threat TE. Tip comes in with a strong college background in blocking, but has the athletic profile to be a dual threat. Higgins has showed he can be a receiving option but has limited size.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It's Trey McBride, a rookie, a 2nd year converted WR that played 192 snaps last year and a 2nd year guy that played 40 snaps last year we claimed from the Ravens late in the season.

Trey McBride had a great year and looks like a potential star, but after that it's nothing but hope.