2024 MLB Draft - DBACKS

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Love all drafts but MLB is one of my favorites. Rarely do the players make an impact immediately like Paul Skenes has. Usually don’t see these guys for quite a few years if they make it at all.

Friendly reminder, the MLB draft is very different than other drafts. Many times players are drafted much earlier to get a discount or much later due to signing concerns.

Dbacks fans should be prepared to see a guy that’s ranked much lower than 29, 31, 35 with at least one of those picks.

OP
OP
outcent13

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sloan or Doughty would be nice here. Need to add some good pitching to the system.

O’Ferrell or Moore will probably be the guy though.

OP
OP
outcent13

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’m pretty happy with the players picked especially Caldwell.

The Dbacks have an MO of taking college reliever (under slot) only type guys in rounds 3-10 and sprinkle in a HS pitcher (over slot) or two. They also seem to like drafting power bats with defensive questions over the next few rounds.

If Dakota Jordan makes it to our pick in the 3rd I think that would be a great upside pick.

Players I’m keeping an eye on are HS pitchers (Whitney and Mobley) and probable RP and potential SP from college (Bridger Holmes , Cade O’Leary, Daniel Eagan and Brandon Neely).