RIP: Bob Newhart (1929-2024)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never been too fond of huge crowds so I tend to avoid live shows. But Bob was the exception for me. I've seen his live show more often than all the rest combined. RIP Bob, thanks for making me smile all these years.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
R.I.P. It's funny I didn't really find him funny until I was much older and could understand the nuances of his comedy. I remember being a kid and my parents watching his shows and I couldn't get out of the room fast enough. His guest appearances on The Big Bang Theory were freaking hilarious.

R.I.P.

tennis-player

Veteran
Reaction score
I saw him live in Vegas back in the 70’s. He was hilarious, especially his telephone routine. I loved his style of humor. RIP Bob.
I also saw him in Vegas in the 70's. It must have been in the same hotel. I was surprised how ribald his show was compared to his mild TV show. Much funnier in person.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also saw him in Vegas in the 70's. It must have been in the same hotel. I was surprised how ribald his show was compared to his mild TV show. Much funnier in person.
I really can't recall just how many times I've seen Bob's show live but I loved every one of them. But 3 of the times I've seen him he had Don Rickles there as a surprise guest. Just curious if any of the other fans here saw him also with Don or a different surprise guest?

Last edited:

Gambler

Veteran
Reaction score
I really can't recall just how many times I've seen Bob's show live but I loved every one of them. But 3 of the times I've seen him he had Don Rickles there as a surprise guest. Just curious if any of the other fans here saw him also with Don or a different surprise guest?
Not me, but I would have loved to see him with Don.