The Boys (Amazon)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I don't know. On the one hand, it's a great show. On the other hand, the writers had the chance to be ballsy and wrap up what's become a very boring arc (Homelander) and they doubled down instead. We shall see.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched the first episode of season 4. I thought that they replaced the actor who plays Mother’s Milk but he just lost a lot of weight and shaved his beard. Same actor just completely unrecognizable as the Mothers Milk character
I was actually confused about that! Thanks for that, it was bothering me!

Stout

Reaction score
Man, they'd better be working up to the big twist I'm hoping, otherwise I won't be able to stomach it. Also, they had the perfect chance to end the Homelander arc last season and fumbled it. Bo-ring. Also, I can just watch network news if I want to put up with more of the same. Le sigh.

Still a quality show, but getting tired.

A black woman and smartest person in the world working for a psychopath white supremacist is wholly unbelievable unless the big twist is her screwing them all over in the end. If that's not the twist, I'm out on the show.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the character Black Noir - they took two things that the real actor is affected by and brought both into the character.

The first Noir had a nut allergy, just like actor Nathan Mitchell, the actor who played him.

The second Noir, also played by Mitchell, has narcolepsy, just like the actor.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Cardsmasochist

Full Throttle!!
Reaction score
I thought season 4 was the series finale so I was expecting a conclusion on all the storylines.

But my son told me that there will be a season 5 so now I get the ending in season 4

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Solid finale, not great but not bad either.

Only major gripe I had was some of the CGI looked half finished.
I'm referring to when Butcher takes out Newman (the head popper) and her daughter with his stomach tentacles. That looked like 20 year old CGI. I've never had issue with the CGI in this show before so not sure what the issue there was. Seemed like maybe they short on time or had to make a late change so that's what we got. It didn't ruin it but took me out of that scene and death.

Looking forward to the final season. I'm excited with where everyone is currently. Not sure how they'll wrap everything up but that's for the best.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else think the MTG Superhero had the virus somehow? She kept getting sicker through the episode and I thought that Homelander drinking her infected breast milk would somehow come into play.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I hate how most big shows take 2 years between seasons now. I think Game of Thrones started it, and it was panned, but so many have followed suit. The Boys, Cobra Kai, Westworld, House of the Dragon, and more all take 2 years between seasons. It's jarring as a viewer to try and rewatch when some actors look so different from such extended breaks. Like with the Boys, MM looks nothing like he did last season. Starlight/Annie also looks like a totally new actress from season 1. Meanwhile in the show a year has past, tops.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Did anyone else think the MTG Superhero had the virus somehow? She kept getting sicker through the episode and I thought that Homelander drinking her infected breast milk would somehow come into play.
That’s what I thought as well.

Stout

Reaction score
By the by, this may be unforgivable for me.

The smartest woman in the world is black, but she's cool working with clear white supremacists because she was curious to see if it would work? It's supposed to be all kinds of morally awful supes but that one's a hard pill to swallow. Hated that it didn't turn out to be her just ruining the white supremacist plan.

Though the show is still awesome, that may be the breaking point for me.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
By the by, this may be unforgivable for me.

The smartest woman in the world is black, but she's cool working with clear white supremacists because she was curious to see if it would work? It's supposed to be all kinds of morally awful supes but that one's a hard pill to swallow. Hated that it didn't turn out to be her just ruining the white supremacist plan.

Though the show is still awesome, that may be the breaking point for me.

Is Homelander really a white supremacist? I think it's been addressed that he's not. He's an egomaniac with a god complex but he doesn't view any race as superior. He didn't buy into Stormfront's Nazi propaganda either. He's an actual case of "I hate everyone but will use whoever is useful". He's all sorts of bad but he's too self centered to and egotistical to believe he belongs to a race, unless supe's are classified as a race within that world.

Rewatch some season 2, towards the end when his relationship with Stormfront starts unwinding though and I'm fairly certain he explicitly denounced that.

Could be wrong but that's how I've viewed him.

Stout

Reaction score
Is Homelander really a white supremacist? I think it's been addressed that he's not. He's an egomaniac with a god complex but he doesn't view any race as superior. He didn't buy into Stormfront's Nazi propaganda either. He's an actual case of "I hate everyone but will use whoever is useful". He's all sorts of bad but he's too self centered to and egotistical to believe he belongs to a race, unless supe's are classified as a race within that world.

Rewatch some season 2, towards the end when his relationship with Stormfront starts unwinding though and I'm fairly certain he explicitly denounced that.

Could be wrong but that's how I've viewed him.
I made it plural. Homelander is a total douche canoe and I don't know why you would want to parse his evil. Is he evil this way or that way? Irrelevant. Unless you're one of the right-wing "Homelander is the good guy" whackadoos.

Firecracker is the clear white supremacist. Homelander is, too, no matter how much parsing you attempt. He's used it and all the other ableist, sexist, anti-LGBTQ+ dog whistles.

But hey, let's not examine and answer the actual topic I broached. 'Cause the black smartest woman in the world sure as shooting knew she was throwing in with white supremacists along with other pure evil bullish.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22