Zay Jones - Suspended 5 Games

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Ok. Where are those “stats?” I’ll wait. I truly welcome any enlightenment.

Please provide these statistics. Thanks in advance.
Do you really? You seem to have an angle and are pretty strong on it, as reflected in this hostile response. "I'll wait" indeed.

I generally refuse to engage in the "neener neener, you have to do research for me" false arguments, but I'll make a partial exception. Here's a simple internet search that brings up lots of good info on DV. Also remember that, statistically, a lot of DV goes unreported. But yeah, we're all out to get men lol

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Do you really? You seem to have an angle and are pretty strong on it, as reflected in this hostile response. "I'll wait" indeed.

I generally refuse to engage in the "neener neener, you have to do research for me" false arguments, but I'll make a partial exception. Here's a simple internet search that brings up lots of good info on DV. Also remember that, statistically, a lot of DV goes unreported. But yeah, we're all out to get men lol

Ok- you sent me a google search that netted an article from the UK.

I clearly stated our federal government (the US) provides funding for prosecuting DV cases; I wasn’t encompassing any other country into my claim.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think that the state (as in Arizona) brings the charges in all criminal cases. The victim does not. I think in domestic violence cases, this was emphasized so that the suspects would be prosecuted even though the spouse wanted charges dropped. I think, obviously, these sorts of cases have changed over the years.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
@speedy I know your politics and your angle is clear. I'm not engaging in a political talk here. I gave it a shot, you clicked one article and quit, you ignore the many women who are too scared to come forward, you want to defend men at all costs, and I have no truck for that. Bye.
You ignore the many frivolous claims women make, so whatever dude.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Very false. Statistically, it's "usually" because the woman feels unsafe or feels like she doesn't want to ruin the asshat's life.
in most states the victim does not determine if charges are pressed. they are pressed by the DA, exactly for the reason of victims being scared to go after the offender. Been that way for 25 years

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Victims of DV aren't allowed to arbitrarily drop charges not in any state that I'm aware of.
You're probably right. Either the DA couldn't gather evidence, or as it seems to happen often, the witness/victim refuses to cooperate... thus leading to charges being dropped. I'm not sure what the reason is, in this case.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I’d rather he be available, but I’m not hugely concerned with this from a football standpoint. He’s not going to see very many targets.

Quebec, the statement above is purely my opinion and is not based on facts, historical data, objective analysis, or referenced documentation. It is not to be used for gambling purposes. Furthermore, the said opinion above does not constitute any insider knowledge and is not, currently, under investigation by the NFL, FCC, SEC, or their affiliates. If symptoms persist, please see a doctor immediately.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Going from memory so don’t scorch me if wrong.
But wasn’t there a punter last year Buffalo drafted that was supposed to be a great punter who was accused of a gang rape. Buffalo cut him on the spot.
Turns out he was exonerated and wasn’t even there. Think he’s still out of the league.

tennis-player

Veteran
Reaction score
Going from memory so don’t scorch me if wrong.
But wasn’t there a punter last year Buffalo drafted that was supposed to be a great punter who was accused of a gang rape. Buffalo cut him on the spot.
Turns out he was exonerated and wasn’t even there. Think he’s still out of the league.
Matt Araiza was exonerated and now is the kicker for Kansas City. This board was unmericiful to him. It just shows how easily people's opinion is swayed by the most recent media.