Zay Jones - Suspended 5 Games

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
5 games for a misdemeanor where the charges were dropped? I get the gravity of the alleged offense but...... this should be two or three games tops IMO.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
5 games for a misdemeanor where the charges were dropped? I get the gravity of the alleged offense but...... this should be two or three games tops IMO.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I’m guessing the punishment is spelled out in the CBA

It probably actually happened, she just dropped the charges. Doesn’t mean he can’t be held accountable.

Personally, I have no patience for abusers of women or children so I think he should be cut in the next hour because I am guessing something happened where he put his hands on the mother of his child

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

It probably actually happened, she just dropped the charges. Doesn’t mean he can’t be held accountable.

Personally, I have no patience for abusers of women or children so I think he should be cut in the next hour because I am guessing something happened where he put his hands on the mother of his child
I am curious if they even cut him since they signed him after it happened.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Victims of DV aren't allowed to arbitrarily drop charges not in any state that I'm aware of.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But they can refuse to corporate.
Absolutely nobody can be compelled to testify. It doesn't generally make it harder on the Police. Usually in the heat of the moment they are willing to spill their beans. It's much harder on the prosecutors. Since they have had time to calm and think and worry about being a victim of revenge etc... Then they decide they will not testify. However, if there was enough actual evidence to arrest in most cases a conviction shouldn't be too hard. Not all but most. I would say 60% of the cases I dealt with in my career the spouse or significant other would refuse to testify. Yet 80% of that 60% we were still able to land a conviction. Another 15% would get plead out. The remaining 5% would have charges dropped.

tennis-player

Veteran
Reaction score
At what pont do you decide that a player does not have the character to play on your team? Allegations to the press or a civil suit with no arrest or charges, arrest but no charges, charged but not convicted, diversion, or convicted?

Or does it depend on the nature of the allegation or if you like the player?

I remember Larry Fitgerald's problems. How does that fit in?

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Understood and a rational take IMO. And for the record, I feel the same way.

Right now though, this guy is not guilty and we can only speculate.
Victims of DV aren't allowed to arbitrarily drop charges not in any state that I'm aware of.

And this is why he is not guilty. And why there needs to be some sort of mechanism for situations like this.

But they can refuse to corporate. I know it's not the same, but makes police work much harder.

Of course they can. But again, that doesn't mean that is what happened, just that it is possible. The NFL has to have some sort of independent proof though. That's the only way this stands up IMO. I guess I need to trust that process was handled respectfully.

Great. The hits keep on coming..

Pun intended?

I know, bad joke.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Understood and a rational take IMO. And for the record, I feel the same way.

Right now though, this guy is not guilty and we can only speculate.

And this is why he is not guilty. And why there needs to be some sort of mechanism for situations like this.

Of course they can. But again, that doesn't mean that is what happened, just that it is possible. The NFL has to have some sort of independent proof though. That's the only way this stands up IMO. I guess I need to trust that process was handled respectfully.

Pun intended?

I know, bad joke.
I’m terrible.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
My feelings on matters like these are well documented on this site. I believe suspension of players in situations like this (where charges are dropped) is bunk. What many of you don’t know is local prosecutors receive funding from the federal government for prosecuting DV cases. They incentivize prosecutors to pursue convictions. If charges are dropped, it’s usually for good reason. Generally speaking, cases with DV yags are given much more con$ideration than your run of the mill offenses. Perhaps the league knows something more, but I’m often left feeling some of these dudes are a victim of the times, and that ish just isn’t fair (the league botched the Ray Rice incident so horribly bad that they still feel compelled to make up for it). That said, Zay seems to be a bit of a loose cannon. His brother stopped him from jumping out of a 30 story window when he was in his birthday suit fighting for Jesus, so ya.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
My feelings on matters like these are well documented on this site. I believe suspension of players in situations like this (where charges are dropped) is bunk. What many of you don’t know is local prosecutors receive funding from the federal government for prosecuting DV cases. They incentivize prosecutors to pursue convictions. If charges are dropped, it’s usually for good reason. Generally speaking, cases with DV yags are given much more con$ideration than your run of the mill offenses. Perhaps the league knows something more, but I’m often left feeling some of these dudes are a victim of the times, and that ish just isn’t fair (the league botched the Ray Rice incident so horribly bad that they still feel compelled to make up for it). That said, Zay seems to be a bit of a loose cannon. His brother stopped him from jumping out of a 30 story window when he was in his birthday suit fighting for Jesus, so ya.
Very false. Statistically, it's "usually" because the woman feels unsafe or feels like she doesn't want to ruin the asshat's life.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

In the wake of the announcement that Cardinals receiver Zay Jones will miss five games for violating the Personal Conduct Policy after a domestic violence incident last year, some have asked why Jones will be banished to start the season, but why Chiefs receiver Rashee Rice will be playing.

The answer is simple. Jones’s criminal case ended before the NFL turned its attention to the question of whether and to what extent he should be disciplined. Rice’s case is still pending. And the NFL has not interviewed him.

Because Rice’s case doesn’t involve domestic violence, it’s far less likely that he’ll be placed on paid leave while the criminal case proceeds.

Rice is facing eight felony charges arising from a March 2024 street-racing incident in Dallas. We’ve seen the video. It’s hard to imagine he’ll walk away without legal consequence. Which makes it hard to imagine he’ll avoid a suspension.

Eventually. But not until the criminal case is over. Which easily could delay the timetable beyond the upcoming season.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Very false. Statistically, it's "usually" because the woman feels unsafe or feels like she doesn't want to ruin the asshat's life.
Ok. Where are those “stats?” I’ll wait. I truly welcome any enlightenment.

Please provide these statistics. Thanks in advance.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score

In the wake of the announcement that Cardinals receiver Zay Jones will miss five games for violating the Personal Conduct Policy after a domestic violence incident last year, some have asked why Jones will be banished to start the season, but why Chiefs receiver Rashee Rice will be playing.

The answer is simple. Jones’s criminal case ended before the NFL turned its attention to the question of whether and to what extent he should be disciplined. Rice’s case is still pending. And the NFL has not interviewed him.

Because Rice’s case doesn’t involve domestic violence, it’s far less likely that he’ll be placed on paid leave while the criminal case proceeds.

Rice is facing eight felony charges arising from a March 2024 street-racing incident in Dallas. We’ve seen the video. It’s hard to imagine he’ll walk away without legal consequence. Which makes it hard to imagine he’ll avoid a suspension.

Eventually. But not until the criminal case is over. Which easily could delay the timetable beyond the upcoming

Eventually. But not until the criminal case is over. Which easily could delay the timetable beyond the upcoming season.
perfect example, thank you.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score

Perfect example. Thank you.