Which Cardinal Was the Big Loser Sunday?

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
My nominee is Drew Petzing! Not sure what you heard about this off-season, but one of the rumor that kept hitting my email and focus groups was how teams in need of a coach were getting set to compete for Petzing. He as the hot assistant. I suspect Sunday caused several teams to slow their roll. For the first quarter and a half of the game, Petzing saw his value skyrocket. Then the Bills made a defensive adjustment and Petzing seemed helpless to counter their new defense. For the most part the Cards just stayed with a game plan that had ceased to work.

It’s still early in the season so there’s time to rebuild his status. Nonetheless I don’t think he can afford to go forward without showing more aggressiveness, more versatility and more responsiveness.

Reaction score
Jonah Williams - I don't think this needs any further explanation!

But just for those that may be reading and not know, Williams; one of the off-seasons main acquisitions by the Cardinals; played 22 snaps and is now on IR, unable to return for at least 4 games, and possibly will require season ending surgery.

A free agent acquisition injured and unable to contribute meaningfully; why is this a reoccurring nightmare with the Cardinals?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
f
Jonah Williams - I don't think this needs any further explanation!

But just for those that may be reading and not know, Williams; one of the off-seasons main acquisitions by the Cardinals; played 22 snaps and is now on IR, unable to return for at least 4 games, and possibly will require season ending surgery.

A free agent acquisition injured and unable to contribute meaningfully; why is this a reoccurring nightmare with the Cardinals?

The post below has almost every pass play the Cardinals had. If you watch up until the 1:35 mark where Jonah hurts his knee, you can see he was doing a very good job pass blocking on the right side up until he ended up on the field grabbing his knee.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Think you’ve got to dial back expectations. He’s at best a #2 journeyman level CB put in a position to be a number 1… with no pass rush.
Understood Cheese. Journeyman doesn't have to mean invisible though.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
I went back and watched that video. Kyler had a player open on almost every single play including Harrision several times. From my inexperienced eyes, I can't tell if Kyler can't see them because he is too small or he is going so fast in his head, he doesn't take the time to find them. Dissapointing!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dennis Gardeck.

Don't recall seeing him once or hearing his name called, and he played 2nd most reps at Edge.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I went back and watched that video. Kyler had a player open on almost every single play including Harrision several times. From my inexperienced eyes, I can't tell if Kyler can't see them because he is too small or he is going so fast in his head, he doesn't take the time to find them. Dissapointing!
Kyler was 16/19 for 130 yards in the first half and finished the game with almost 70 yards rushing. Once Williams went down, Beachum got abused on every pass play & Murray was consistently on the run. He was the same height in the 1st half.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
f

The post below has almost every pass play the Cardinals had. If you watch up until the 1:35 mark where Jonah hurts his knee, you can see he was doing a very good job pass blocking on the right side up until he ended up on the field grabbing his knee.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I thought Harrison was supposed to be a great route runner. I watched and honestly I didn't see it. In fact I thought he looked kind of slow or unsure of where to go.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Kyler was 16/19 for 130 yards in the first half and finished the game with almost 70 yards rushing. Once Williams went down, Beachum got abused on every pass play & Murray was consistently on the run. He was the same height in the 1st half.
Sounds like he (Beech) needs help from a tight end and/or a chip from the RB on passing downs.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler

He had yet another chance to show out and once again he shrunk from the challenge. I don’t care a single bit about the adversity he had to overcome in the 2nd half because he was incapable of overcoming any of it.

Maybe this week he will impress

SOCALCARD

Veteran
Reaction score
I’m not a Cardinal obviously as I’m not on the team. But I nominate myself as the biggest loser for actually paying for the Sunday Ticket package so I can watch the Cardinals every week here in Lovely San Diego, California. I suck.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler

He had yet another chance to show out and once again he shrunk from the challenge. I don’t care a single bit about the adversity he had to overcome in the 2nd half because he was incapable of overcoming any of it.

Maybe this week he will impress
Of course you don’t care, because you’re a hater. This past Sunday was the LOWEST passing yardage NFL week this CENTURY. Heard that on the NFL channel today. Murray was top 5.

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
hmmm... maybe MO. maybe JG/NR.

It was a tough spot, and after obliterating MIA last night we have a little more context on the Bill's offensive capabilities.

But our defense was routed badly in BUF. It's either lack of talent or lack of coaching/scheme.

But neither do we have enough data points to draw any kind of conclusions about any of the groups/units/team/coaches.

Let's wait at least six or seven games before we start talking about if changes need to be made. I think our team gave it everything they had since the end of last season, and we owe them this much at least!

Last edited: