MHJ

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to worry yet because all the reports were he was nearly uncoverable in camp.

But certainly not good news. I think the thing that's interesting is hearing Petzing say they were surprised how much respect Buffalo showed him, what exactly did they think he's the only WR on the roster anybody is going to fear, rookie debut but still compared to the rest of the WR roster he's the only one.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Justin Jefferson had 2 catches in his first game and I’m sure there’s other examples but if Marv he pops off next week we’ll forget this performance. Not overreacting until Sunday afternoon.
Time for a new tag line under your avatar

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else super excited that we drafted this guy number four overall to be our next Larry Fitzgerald?

Yet, our quarterback doesn’t even look his way? Or no designed plays just for him in an entire game? A close game at that.

I mean, I think he had like three targets one catch for 4 yards and a horrible drop…. Very Cardinalesque… certainly hoping this somehow gets rectified moving forward.

Agree 1000%.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You draft WR's #4 because they can run routes with speed and precision. Not either/or.
Brit, people were stating an on field speed 20+ from college. A speed clocking as such does not occur on every route they run, it depends on the route.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brit, people were stating an on field speed 20+ from college. A speed clocking as such does not occur on every route they run, it depends on the route.

Of course, but this was his max speed. He didn't run a single route above 16.7mph. That's baffling considering he had so many deep routes.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
After MHJ goes for 150 and two scores on Sunday this thread will be long forgotten.
Are they gonna throw him the ball 25 times?

Jameson Williams went off for 120 and a TD against them last week, but St. Brown had 3 receptions for 13 yards. They can take away a first option.

BleedRed

Registered
Reaction score
Are they gonna throw him the ball 25 times?

Jameson Williams went off for 120 and a TD against them last week, but St. Brown had 3 receptions for 13 yards. They can take away a first option.

I would say 150 yards and 2 scores are much more likely than 25 targets.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Of course, but this was his max speed. He didn't run a single route above 16.7mph. That's baffling considering he had so many deep routes.
Well maybe if he is going after a ball a little overthrown he would accelerate to his abilities.

Or actually catch a ball with a CB on his heels he would flash that speed.

Neither occurred in his first game of the season.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
"Stop tripping. Shyte happens"

That's the message I get from it.

Yeah, but this is just stacking edge cases (hall of famers) on edge cases (single-digit receiving games) and posting it like there's a message or trend here.

Want to know how many receivers had single-digit receiving games as rookies and turned out to be scrubs? Tons of them! Michael Floyd had three single-digit receiving games his rookie year -- including a game when he got shut out. David Boston had four single-digit receiving games his rookie year.

SOCALCARD

Veteran
Reaction score
Trading down from #4 for more picks and picking up solid defense guys sounds better every day. So does Will Anderson.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yeah, but this is just stacking edge cases (hall of famers) on edge cases (single-digit receiving games) and posting it like there's a message or trend here.

Want to know how many receivers had single-digit receiving games as rookies and turned out to be scrubs? Tons of them! Michael Floyd had three single-digit receiving games his rookie year -- including a game when he got shut out. David Boston had four single-digit receiving games his rookie year.
Right... so it kinda means,...don't read nothing into it. Wait and see what happens.

Some folks just like to find as many things as they can to justify their emotional response and to keep the perceived wound fresh.

But a single piss poor game, rather it's his first or his 100th, only means he had a single piss poor game