12-13 playoffs

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i dont know which team i'd rather see lose, lakers or spurs

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
Poor Nash - eliminated by San Antonio yet again.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Duncan was allowed to do his usual push from behind. Coward was frustrated at times because of the no calls on Duncan.

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
Rarely do I enjoy watching a team on defence more than on offence but that's been Chicago all year. Today's win by the Bulls was one of the most gutsy, team-first, unselfish, passionate performances I've seen in the NBA in a long while.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Did you see Stephen A. Smith offering very subtle critique on D'Antoni? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO2wpmvt52A
Everything he said about D'Antoni is true. Everything! His wearing out players is so predictable!

I don't understand how the Buss family and Mitch Kupchak didn't know -- not think, but know -- that this was going to happen.

Go back to coaching in Italy, Mike. You milked your gimmick for all you could in the NBA.

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
What I don't remember is that the Suns could have gotten Tom Thibodeau as assistant coach. When was that? I'm trying to imagine a team of Nash/ JJ/ Q/ Marion/ Amare with the defensive schemes Thibs has installed in Chicago...

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
What I don't remember is that the Suns could have gotten Tom Thibodeau as assistant coach. When was that? I'm trying to imagine a team of Nash/ JJ/ Q/ Marion/ Amare with the defensive schemes Thibs has installed in Chicago...

I think Kerr was pushing for that, but D'Antoni wasn't interested. That was looooooong time ago, so I may be completely wrong.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul is what KJ would have been without the hamstring injuries. Kid's filthy.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Kerr was pushing for that, but D'Antoni wasn't interested. That was looooooong time ago, so I may be completely wrong.

You are correct and I could not be happier about it. I hope Thibs is our coach for the next 10 years.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Westbrook is out for the playoffs.

Not quite true. They are saying he is out indefinitely. He has a torn meniscus and depending on how they went in and how much they cleaned out, he could be back in two week. With the NBA playoff schedule, that is only one and a half games, right. ;)

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not quite true. They are saying he is out indefinitely. He has a torn meniscus and depending on how they went in and how much they cleaned out, he could be back in two week. With the NBA playoff schedule, that is only one and a half games, right. ;)

Unless Fisher comes through for them, the series may take a different turn. Covering just Durant is a lot easier than covering the two of 'em.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

Yeah, it depends on what they decide to do. If it just needs to be "cleaned", it will not take very long for him to get back (2 weeks, probably). If they choose to operate, then it will be three months.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this NBA playoffs is suffering HUGE from the amount of injuries superstars have been sidelined with this season.

As much as I relish in Kobe's injury, not having Kobe, Westbrook and Rose takes out 3 of the top ten players in the league. The East would be pretty fun to watch with a real deal Miami/Chicago and NY/Pacers second round and a healthy Thunder v. anyone in the next round would have been pretty awesome as well.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
What a bummer. Westbrook is my favorite player in the league. My interest in watching the playoffs just dropped from "minimal" to "barely measurable."

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Terrible. From what I've heard, that would be his first missed game at any level.

Westbrook is a freak athlete. At UCLA he'd roll his ankle and the replay would look horrible. 2 minutes later he'd be back in the game. I know I read somewhere that he rolled them so much when he was younger he did flexibility exercises or something and thus his ankles just bounced back better than regular human ankles do.

What sucks is he almost certainly did it on that Beverly play. Houston had Beverly in to play Westbrook physically and try to get him off his game, the guy did what he was told, and wound up injuring a guy in the process.

I wonder how long before Perkins or Ibaka levels Beverly, you can almost guarantee it will happen the way the NBA works.