12-13 playoffs

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll never understand how Kobe Bryant is consistently called the best player of his era over Tim Duncan. If you gave me a choice and said build your team around one of those guys, I take Duncan 10 times out of 10.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I'll never understand how Kobe Bryant is consistently called the best player of his era over Tim Duncan. If you gave me a choice and said build your team around one of those guys, I take Duncan 10 times out of 10.

Because NBA has become entertainment as much as (if not more than) a competitive sport. Kobe shoots long threes, makes some acrobatic dunks, and creates drama. Tim simply plays a perfect game based on non-flashy fundamentals, and for the most part, doesn't create any drama.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man, these playoffs have been relatively underwhelming, but we might be set for a really good Finals match-up. The last gasp of this the Spurs dynasty versus the Heat trying to establish itself as a dynasty.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
man, these playoffs have been relatively underwhelming, but we might be set for a really good Finals match-up. The last gasp of this the Spurs dynasty versus the Heat trying to establish itself as a dynasty.
Not too energetically, I'll be rooting for the Spurs. As an Arizonan, I alway root for the team from the West over the team from the East, no matter what league.

Especially when they are the conglomerate arrogantly engineered by LeBron James.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah, I dont think its even close.

Kobe is, at best, a distant 3rd behind Duncan and Shaq, and if poor Kevin Garnett hadn't been stuck in Minnesota for most of his career with guys like Sam Cassell and Terrell Brandon as his best teammates then I'd put him ahead of Bryant too.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Who calls Bryant the best of his era? Most objective neutral NBA fans I know question if Kobe truly ever was the clearly best player in even just a single NBA season.