13/14 Beasley Predictions

What will happen with Beasley this year?

• Career turnaround, becomes a productive starter

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Inconsistent, in and out of playing rotation

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Out of rotation, sits and mopes at the end of the bench

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Cut or traded, gone before the deadline

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Jail time, the assault thing catches up

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went for jail time but not just because of the assault issue. He has shown uncommonly poor sense and I expect it to continue. Hope I'm wrong but this is (or at least appears to be) a young man with a child's understanding of consequences.

Steve

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I think he'll probably get a chance to try and re-establish himself with a new coach / GM. Only because there's not many other options.

If, by the trade deadline, he is playing decent enough to trick a team into trading ANYTHING for him you jump all over it. If he's the headcase that he was last year I think you just dump him and move on.

If by some fluke miracle he finally realizes his potential and can be a near all-star level (haha!) player you celebrate and create an altar to the Gods.

Last edited:

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There's a slight chance that Hornacek fixes him...I wouldn't count on it though.

I picked the option of him being out of rotation.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
My guess is that Hornacek will spend about 25 games giving him one more shot to be a rotation player, then give up and bury him at the end of the bench.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The frustrating thing about Beasley is that everybody in the world with the exception of one idiot in the Suns front office knew what a useless POS this guy was and the idiot signed him.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The frustrating thing about Beasley is that everybody in the world with the exception of one idiot in the Suns front office knew what a useless POS this guy was and the idiot signed him.
Where is that idiot now btw? Did he join any other team's FO?

Errntknght

Reaction score
I'm with Eric, but in the poll I just cut to the end result and had him sitting and moping.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
are there any other options I did not include?:)
Well, there's the "finally lives up to draft day expectations and becomes a genuine superstar" option :)

But in all seriousness, Beasley will have zero expectations on him going into this season, which may actually help his cause a bit.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

how does Babby get off completely scot-free, here? is it just because he's still part of the organization and it's just easier to blame the guy who left?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I went for jail time but not just because of the assault issue. He has shown uncommonly poor sense and I expect it to continue. Hope I'm wrong but this is (or at least appears to be) a young man with a child's understanding of consequences.

Steve

Are you kidding? I hope you're right, hell, I am willing to do what it takes to frame him! :D

But seriously, is 5 years of suck not enough? The guy is a mental midget who would have to average 35 a night (and not on his typical 1 point per shot pace) to overcome how horrific he is at all other aspects of the game.

Reaction score
Are you kidding? I hope you're right, hell, I am willing to do what it takes to frame him! :D

But seriously, is 5 years of suck not enough? The guy is a mental midget who would have to average 35 a night (and not on his typical 1 point per shot pace) to overcome how horrific he is at all other aspects of the game.

He is as skilled as any 3/4 in the league had a one good year and two solid one's in his 1st three season the last two have been horrible.

Problem with Beasley is he's to skilled he wants to shoot it to much when fact is if he played inside out he be a nightmare matchup for anyone. When he was attacking the basket he was very affective. What he needs is to go play with someone he can respect and someone who's not afraid to chew him out.Kobe maybe?

Beasley is so skilled but unpredictable you don't know which guy your going to get. The one that can score 25 and rebound or the one that going to stand outside a take jumpers.

Suns are so bad right now I'd just say cut him let someone else get that playing time at the 3/4.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is as skilled as any 3/4 in the league had a one good year and two solid one's in his 1st three season the last two have been horrible.

Problem with Beasley is he's to skilled he wants to shoot it to much when fact is if he played inside out he be a nightmare matchup for anyone. When he was attacking the basket he was very affective. What he needs is to go play with someone he can respect and someone who's not afraid to chew him out.Kobe maybe?

Beasley is so skilled but unpredictable you don't know which guy your going to get. The one that can score 25 and rebound or the one that going to stand outside a take jumpers.

Suns are so bad right now I'd just say cut him let someone else get that playing time at the 3/4.

Beasley has never been good. His volume of shooting early in his career (before teams wisely gave up on him and stuck on the bench) allowed him to put up some deceiving point totals but he did so inefficiently and to the detriment of his own team... and thats just offensively. Defensively he is among the worst players in basketball.

And IMO he is not skilled. He is a terrible passer, he is horrific in the open court (a place where skilled players should thrive). The guy is a tweener forward who you cant count on defensively on either end or trust to handle the ball. Ideally he would be used in an Eddie House roll, potential instant offense off the bench IF he gets hot shooting (which happens about once or twice a month), and if he isnt hot get him out fast before he single handed gives up a 10 point run to the other team. But he is so mopey and stupid when things are not going his way its hard to imagine him succeeding in that role.

Maybe in a couple years some team in China will figure out how to use him correctly.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Beasley should start at PF, he actually had some nice games there and it actually fits what he can do better than playing at SF.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. No way do I think he'll turn it around.

My guess is that Hornacek will spend about 25 games giving him one more shot to be a rotation player, then give up and bury him at the end of the bench.

This is what I think'll happen too.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
how does Babby get off completely scot-free, here? is it just because he's still part of the organization and it's just easier to blame the guy who left?

I think because of the roles. Blanks was the talent guy, Babby's job was to negotiate the contracts.

Babby hasn't done too badly in that role.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think because of the roles. Blanks was the talent guy, Babby's job was to negotiate the contracts.

Babby hasn't done too badly in that role.

Yep, I agree with that. It's not Babby's job to evaluate talent. It's his job to listen to the talent evaluator and make his wants happen.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beasley should start at PF, he actually had some nice games there and it actually fits what he can do better than playing at SF.

5/5. Who knew you had a sense of humor?

Steve

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder if any coach has carefully designed a role for him and held him to it. It will be interesting to see what Hornacek will do. He did not seem to have any problem with the idea of playing Len extended minutes.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I would just waive him, and say, "We made a mistake, we'll be paying for it for a couple of years, but other than that, it's fixed."

I think they'll give him another shot, he will be no different than he is now, and he'll be waived next year.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would just waive him, and say, "We made a mistake, we'll be paying for it for a couple of years, but other than that, it's fixed."

I think they'll give him another shot, he will be no different than he is now, and he'll be waived next year.

If they give us another shot, let Pbit take it. I'm pretty sure he can at least wing him.

Steve

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake